Lockheed Martin (LM) CSC Type 26 Frigate Design | Page 2 | World Defense

Lockheed Martin (LM) CSC Type 26 Frigate Design

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. Just thought I would let you know what Canada has been up to WRT our Halifax Class Modernization program over the last several years. Here is a video that explains all. Cheers

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Here are some of the changes that are now taking place with the Halifax Class Frigate Modernization Program Combat System Integrator (CSI):

1594555449473.png

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
I have been reading your posts, but don't know enough about the Canadian Military to contribute.
Hello Counter-Errorist. I have been reading up on the Pakistani Navy a bit and have been very impressed by what I have seen. You seem to have all the necessary fleet "thingies" especially your submarines. Your government seems to be buying from everyone and you are also building your own FPBs. A couple of questions though. As Pakistan is a "Nuclear Power", I was wondering why, besides the obvious (price), Pakistan has not gotten into the "nuclear submarine club". Also are there any plans for Pakistan to develop an amphibious capability and procure or build LHDs/LHAs? Cheers!

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Hello Counter-Errorist. I have been reading up on the Pakistani Navy a bit and have been very impressed by what I have seen. You seem to have all the necessary fleet "thingies" especially your submarines. Your government seems to be buying from everyone and you are also building your own FPBs. A couple of questions though. As Pakistan is a "Nuclear Power", I was wondering why, besides the obvious (price), Pakistan has not gotten into the "nuclear submarine club". Also are there any plans for Pakistan to develop an amphibious capability and procure or build LHDs/LHAs? Cheers!
SSBN:

@Khafee suggests we'll soon be joining the club with 2 boomers.
Pakistan Navy MILGEM Class corvettes: Steel cutting ceremony held

Amphibious:

We have a dedicated Marine Corps hosted at PNS Qasim
Pakistan Marines

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA

Miniature nuclear power plant is the stumbling block, followed by sound / vibration dampening that goes with it. Although PAEC has the capability to build land based 50 MW nuclear plant, not sure if they have mastered it to the point of building one for the subs.

Sooner or later they will have to get to SSN building point as good SSN are not / will not be available to them unlike Russian's one for IN have been.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
SSBN:

@Khafee suggests we'll soon be joining the club with 2 boomers.
Pakistan Navy MILGEM Class corvettes: Steel cutting ceremony held

Amphibious:

We have a dedicated Marine Corps hosted at PNS Qasim
Pakistan Marines
What "boomers' was Pakistan thinking of buying? From China? Is Pakistan thinking of acquiring an Amphibious Sealift Capability like LHDs or LHAs
for your Marine Corps?
Miniature nuclear power plant is the stumbling block, followed by sound / vibration dampening that goes with it. Although PAEC has the capability to build land based 50 MW nuclear plant, not sure if they have mastered it to the point of building one for the subs.

Sooner or later they will have to get to SSN building point as good SSN are not / will not be available to them unlike Russian's one for IN have been.
Hi MIRauf. Nuclear power plants for subs are extremely complex and not easy to build, let alone the infrastructure and training that is involved. It may take some time for Pakistan to accomplish and if you decide to build your own, even more complex.

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
Hi MIRauf. Nuclear power plants for subs are extremely complex and not easy to build, let alone the infrastructure and training that is involved. It may take some time for Pakistan to accomplish and if you decide to build your own, even more complex.

So true, however Pak / PN has no choice, they will have to do it, it will cost $ and may be precious lives. If they get lucky, who knows PLN may lease a SSN, however Type -91 are old, not sure if they can spare a Type-93.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Yep! However the RCAF normally procures replacement programs once selected, fairly quickly, so they may beat the RCN as we will not even start the build for these "Super Frigates" until at least 2023 Maybe?($$)
After COVID I doubt it

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
So true, however Pak / PN has no choice, they will have to do it, it will cost $ and may be precious lives. If they get lucky, who knows PLN may lease a SSN, however Type -91 are old, not sure if they can spare a Type-93.
Hi MIRauf. The type 91 I believe would be a "no go" as China only built 2 (one is now a museum and the other has been de-commissioned since 2006). They may want to "loan" PN a Type 93 Attack sub or two, however I believe the Jin, Sui and Tang SSBN classes (Types 94, 95, 96) may not be available to Pakistan as the Types 95/96 subs are planned or not completed yet and they only have 4 Jin class SSBN subs which they may not want to "share". Looks like your best bet would be the Type 093/93G SSGN class. Other than that, Pakistan may have to build its own off-shore sub design (perhaps from the west)? Very expensive though. Perhaps this conversation would be more appropriate on the Submarine thread?

Last edited:

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Hi folks. Still have not had any replies or comments from any members to my CSC Frigate design characteristics. Our design phase by Lockheed Martin (LM) is still on-going and should be completed by 2021. I'm sure some professionals should be 'up-to-scratch" on these frigates. They are a derivative of the British Global Combat Ship (GCS) Type 26 City class. The first of the City class, HMS Glasgow is now being built and should be doing sea trials in 2023.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 2-1-Org-FightingArm-Unit-Frigates-HMSGlasgow-480x480.jpg
    2-1-Org-FightingArm-Unit-Frigates-HMSGlasgow-480x480.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 51
  • HMS-Glasgow-in-Build-Jan-2020-1024x681.jpg
    HMS-Glasgow-in-Build-Jan-2020-1024x681.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 52
  • HMS-Glasgow-Bridge-Unit-TYpe-26-Frigate.jpg
    HMS-Glasgow-Bridge-Unit-TYpe-26-Frigate.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 82

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
The final 57th unit of HMS Glasgow Type 26 Global Combat Ship is now being built. Once this unit is welded to one half of the ship, both halves will be rolled out and welded together. When that is completed, the ship will be "floated" and then fitted out. Hopefully this will happen by the beginning of next year. Cheers!

Last edited:

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
The Canadian CSC Frigate program is the largest acquisition program in Canadian history (about $61-64B CAD for the building of 15 of these ships). That does not include the infrastructure and life cycle costs estimated at over $100B CAD total. They are meant to replace the 12 Halifax class (ASW) and 3 Iroquois class (AAW) ships over the next several years. We are also building 2-3 Joint Support Ships (JSS) to replace our old tankers approx 6.2B CAD (at 2020 dollars). These ships are based on the German Berlin class and are being built by Seaspan in British Columbia. Seaspan is also building Canada's new Polar 8 Ice Breaker as well. OK, that's enough babbling for now. I will post more on the other ships later. I will be posting more on Canadian ships being built soon. Cheers!

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Let me ask, why does the PN need nuclear submarines? Nuke subs are for nations that need to cross oceans to get their subs to their patrol area, I don't see the need for PN