Massive explosion rocks Beirut ahead of Hariri Verdict. | Page 8 | World Defense

Massive explosion rocks Beirut ahead of Hariri Verdict.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Meanwhile President Donald Trump last night offered US aid to Lebanon, before calling the explosion a 'terrible attack' and claiming that his generals had said it appeared to have been caused by a 'bomb of some kind', without offering evidence.
Robert Baer, a former CIA operative who operated for years in the Middle East, stuck a more nuanced tone -saying the explosion appears to have been an accident, but he is not convinced that ammonium nitrate was the sole cause.
He pointed to videos of what appeared to be fireworks going off amid a pall of white smoke, right before the main blast which sent a column of reddish-brown smoke high into the sky.
Baer told CNN that those 'fireworks' were likely munitions that had been stored as part of a weapons cache that included military-grade propellant.
'It was clearly a military explosive,' he said. 'It was not fertilizer like ammonium nitrate. I'm quite sure of that.'
But he added that it would likely take years to learn the truth of what caused the blast, if it was ever revealed, because 'no one is going to want to admit they kept military explosives at the port'.
Lebanon is effectively run by Hezbollah, an Iranian paramilitary group with a history of secrecy.
The U.S. embassy in Beirut warned residents in the city about reports of toxic gases released by the blast, urging people to stay indoors and wear masks if available.

Path-Finder

Reactions
112 4 0
Country
United Kingdom
Again you are hanging on to the tail, while ignoring the elephant.
you are constantly overlooking presence of hizbis in Lebanon and Iranian weapon smuggling record!
Do you still think that you sound convincing and i sound biased?
I will make it easy for you. I don't care what you think. . I am not under any duress that I will form an opinion on your say so.

I hope the message gets through.

Path-Finder

Reactions
112 4 0
Country
United Kingdom
My post which you quoted clearly states, that i have no proof of Iranian involvement!
Wherein i also gave reference to my initial posts, where i suspected it an accident.
Than came you and accused Israel, which is fine, neither i demanded any evidence simply because you were an obvious troll. Hence i softly declared it as your wish, by pointing at a more worthy candidate of suspicions i.e. Iran and it's Hizbis.
whereupon you associate me with Israel and than what not, that is why i pursued you persistently.
lastly, you will never find me short on calling spade a spade.
for the second time. I don't care about what you think. I have my opinion and views. The End.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA

'Revolution': Angry crowds in Beirut urge Macron to help bring change

By Ellen Francis and Michel Rose
BEIRUT, Aug 6 (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron toured Beirut's shattered streets on Thursday, two days after a giant explosion, with crowds demanding the end to a "regime" of politicians they blame for corruption and dragging Lebanon into disaster.
"I see the emotion on your face, the sadness, the pain. This is why I'm here," he told one group, shaking their hands on roads strewn with rubble and flanked by shops with windows blown out after Tuesday's blast that killed 145 and injured 5,000.
Macron, wearing a black tie in mourning and flanked by security guards, promised to send more medical and other aid to Lebanon, while those around him chanted "Revolution" and "The people want the fall of the regime."
"But what is also needed here is political change. This explosion should be the start of a new era," Macron said, making the tour shortly after arriving on the first visit to Lebanon by a foreign leader since the blast.
The president has said he would deliver "home truths" to a government that France and other Western donors have said must reform the country's politics and the economy.
One man told Macron: "We hope this aid will go to the Lebanese people not the corrupt leaders."
Before the Beirut port blast, whose explosive force was registered hundreds of miles (kilometres) away, Lebanon was grappling with an imploding economy - its banks in crisis, currency in freefall and mountain of debts climbing.
"Mr President, you're on General Gouraud Street, he freed us from the Ottomans. Free us from the current authorities," said one person among the crowd who gathered around him, appealing for help from Lebanon's former colonial power.
Some of the crowd, who were filmed by a pool report in a predominantly Christian district of the capital, shouted: "Mr Macron, free us from Hezbollah," referring to the Iran-backed Shi'ite Muslim group, a powerful player in a nation where political loyalties often run along sectarian lines.
After visiting a pharmacy damaged by the explosion, Macron told the crowd: "I understand your anger. I am not here to write a blank cheque ... to the regime." (Reporting by Ellen Francis in Beirut and Michel Rose in Paris; Editing by Edmund Blair)

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
1596731209500.png

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I will make it easy for you. I don't care what you think. . I am not under any duress that I will form an opinion on your say so.

I hope the message gets through.

You clearly have comprehension issues, i'm inviting YOU to support your blames and allegations with logic, and as you see i care what you say.

I'm quoting below the public sentiments (not mine) from a local report:
"Mr President, you're on General Gouraud Street, he freed us from the Ottomans. Free us from the current authorities," said one person among the crowd who gathered around him, appealing for help from Lebanon's former colonial power.
Some of the crowd, who were filmed by a pool report in a predominantly Christian district of the capital, shouted: "Mr Macron, free us from Hezbollah," referring to the Iran-backed Shi'ite Muslim group, a powerful player in a nation where political loyalties often run along sectarian lines.

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Robert Baer, a former CIA operative who operated for years in the Middle East, stuck a more nuanced tone -saying the explosion appears to have been an accident, but he is not convinced that ammonium nitrate was the sole cause.
He pointed to videos of what appeared to be fireworks going off amid a pall of white smoke, right before the main blast which sent a column of reddish-brown smoke high into the sky.
Baer told CNN that those 'fireworks' were likely munitions that had been stored as part of a weapons cache that included military-grade propellant.
'P
Lebanon is effectively run by Hezbollah, an Iranian paramilitary group with a history of secrecy.
The U.S. embassy in Beirut warned residents in the city about reports of toxic gases released by the blast, urging people to stay indoors and wear masks if available.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA

Air Force C-17 Lands in Beirut with Relief Supplies for Devastated City
1596798077689.png

A U.S. Air Force C-17 Globemaster III takes off from Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, Aug. 6, 2020, carrying humanitarian aid supplies bound for Beirut, Lebanon. (U.S. Air Force/Staff Sgt. Heather Fejerang)

An Air Force C-17 Globemaster III landed at Beirut's airport Thursday with the first pallets of relief supplies from the U.S. after the Lebanese capital was shattered by immense explosions in the port area Tuesday, U.S. Central Command said.
The first flight by the 816th Air Expeditionary Airlift Squadron from Al Udeid Air Base in the Gulf state of Qatar brought 11 pallets of food, water and medical supplies.

"We are closely coordinating with the Lebanon Armed Forces, and expect that we will continue to provide additional assistance throughout Lebanon's recovery effort," Marine Gen. Frank McKenzie, head of CENTCOM, said in a statement.
Two more CENTCOM C-17 relief flights are expected to reach Beirut by Friday, CENTCOM said.

Path-Finder

Reactions
112 4 0
Country
United Kingdom
You clearly have comprehension issues, i'm inviting YOU to support your blames and allegations with logic, and as you see i care what you say.

I'm quoting below the public sentiments (not mine) from a local report:
Hopefully we can end it here. I have 0 comprehension issue! I said what I had to in my post that you quoted!! If that irks you that I am not tagging along to one narrative or the other than the easy option is to stop quoting me. that will be enough to show who has the comprehension issue!

farok84

THINK TANK
Reactions
26 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan donates 8 tons of food, medicines supplies to Lebanon
August 7, 2020

ISLAMABAD, Aug 7 (APP) Pakistan on Friday donated eight tons of relief assistance comprising medicines and food to Lebanon as a token of solidarity for the victims of blasts that took place in Beirut on August 4.

Foreign Minister Shah Mahmmod Qureshi, in a telephonic conversation with his Lebanese counterpart Charbel Wehbe, conveyed deep sorrow and grief of the Government and people of Pakistan over the loss of precious lives, injuries to thousands, and extensive material damage, caused by the explosions, a Foreign Office press release said.

He told the Lebanese foreign minister that the relief assistance would be delivered by Friday evening sent by Government of Pakistan as a token of solidarity.

The foreign minister said Prime Minister Imran Khan and President Arif Alvi had already conveyed profound sympathies and condolences to the Lebanese leadership over the tragedy.

He underscored that, at that difficult time, the Pakistani nation stood in strong support and solidarity with the brotherly Lebanese people.
Appreciating the Lebanese people’s resilience, the foreign minister expressed full confidence that they would grapple with the challenging situation with their characteristic strength.

Foreign Minister Charbel Wehbe expressed his gratitude to the Government and people of Pakistan for their sympathies and solidarity at the difficult time.

The two foreign ministers agreed to remain in close contact.