mexicans pound Turmp's face for fun and candy | Page 2 | World Defense

mexicans pound Turmp's face for fun and candy

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
IMO, the reason he felt comfortable saying it is because the same people he wants voting for him hate mexicans. He is successfully trying to appeal to the greedy bigots. He may have had his pageants pulled from tv, but he still has people rooting for him. Some of them rooting for him, aren't doing it in spite of his comments, but BECAUSE of his racist comments.

Pardon me for this post. I don't want to sound a racist and I am just stating history. Those greedy bigots you mentioned reminds me of the racism in the olden days when the whites would band together to fight off the blacks. I had seen a movie where Klu Klux Klan had a segment and I saw how the whites in that movie hated the emergence of the blacks. And if Trump is for the whites in that movie then his slur against the black will definitely get him the votes of those whites.

PS. I have no intention to stir racism issues.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Pardon me for this post. I don't want to sound a racist and I am just stating history. Those greedy bigots you mentioned reminds me of the racism in the olden days when the whites would band together to fight off the blacks. I had seen a movie where Klu Klux Klan had a segment and I saw how the whites in that movie hated the emergence of the blacks. And if Trump is for the whites in that movie then his slur against the black will definitely get him the votes of those whites.

PS. I have no intention to stir racism issues.
The KKK is still around, but very few people want them here. But you're right, trump will get their votes, I bet. david Duke, (self proclaimed racist and member of the KKK) tried it years ago, but there just aren't as many racists and bigots as there are black, mexican, women, immigrants, poor. Hopefully, his racism will just come back to bite him in the ass, instead of benefiting him

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
The KKK is still around, but very few people want them here. But you're right, trump will get their votes, I bet. david Duke, (self proclaimed racist and member of the KKK) tried it years ago, but there just aren't as many racists and bigots as there are black, mexican, women, immigrants, poor. Hopefully, his racism will just come back to bite him in the ass, instead of benefiting him
So your premise is that if you're not a black, Mexican, woman, immigrant, and/or poor, that means you are a racist and a bigot? So you are honestly saying that if you are a white, Native American or Asian male, who was born here, and is middle class or above, you are a racist and a bigot? Is that actually what you are saying? Because if it is, I am now LMAO at your post!

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
So your premise is that if you're not a black, Mexican, woman, immigrant, and/or poor, that means you are a racist and a bigot? So you are honestly saying that if you are a white, Native American or Asian male, who was born here, and is middle class or above, you are a racist and a bigot? Is that actually what you are saying? Because if it is, I am now LMAO at your post!
My apologies. I didn't realize it could be read like that. I'll rephrase it:
I was speaking about demographics. Typically, racists and bigots vote conservative. Its a fact. Its the reason conservatives are often referred to as bigots and racists. Its the same reason David Duke and Trump ran/run as conservatives. Typically, the demographic for liberal is women, minorities, lower class, and younger voters. Obviously, not every republican is a racist bigot. But almost every racist and bigot is republican. Hopefully, the number of racists and bigots that vote will be less than number of democrats who vote. The republican vote could possibly be split between those who vote for trump and those who don't. The democrats will ALL be voting against him. Does that make sense?

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
My apologies. I didn't realize it could be read like that. I'll rephrase it:
I was speaking about demographics. Typically, racists and bigots vote conservative. Its a fact. Its the reason conservatives are often referred to as bigots and racists. Its the same reason David Duke and Trump ran/run as conservatives. Typically, the demographic for liberal is women, minorities, lower class, and younger voters. Obviously, not every republican is a racist bigot. But almost every racist and bigot is republican. Hopefully, the number of racists and bigots that vote will be less than number of democrats who vote. The republican vote could possibly be split between those who vote for trump and those who don't. The democrats will ALL be voting against him. Does that make sense?
What makes sense is that you have put forth premises that have not been proven. Such as, You have no idea what race I am, or what socio-economic status I hold, and you may be shocked to find out. I am definitely a fiscal conservative in my politics, so that makes me a bigot...but against whom am I bigoted? I am a woman, so I should be a liberal, but I can't be, can I? No because I have to be a Republican. Okay so far, by your reasoning, I am a bigoted liberal Republican.
Now as to another part of your post: Please define your terms. What do you mean when you say, "almost every racist and bigot is Republican?" How do you define bigot and racist? Personally most of the libs I know are, by MY definition, bigots and racists. My definitions are as follows:
Bigot-someone who has no tolerance for other peoples' beliefs, eg, pro-life, Christianity, etc., finding fault with, disliking or hating people because they're different from you, eg, overweight people, white straight males, etc.
Racist-someone who has disdain for another person's race, and ACTS ON IT, eg, insisting on laws being passed to protect people whose race we somehow consider inferior, to the point that members of that race cannot be successful without our help.
Now what is your definition of these things?

Pantera

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Mexico
First of all, Donald Trump did NOT make any "racial" slurs! I wish people could figure out the difference between dis-liking someone's behavior, and hating them for the color of their skin. That big lie has been screamed loud enough, long enough! I have friends and neighbors who are Hispanic. They are in this country LEGALLY! They resent the fact that some of the lowest elements of a third world country have been allowed to sneak across our borders, breaking state and federal laws, with no repercussions, while they have worked long and hard to become U.S. citizens! We have all sorts of criminal types in this country, who otherwise wouldn't be here, if not for illegal immigration! Donald Trump is just stating the facts.
Second of all, who cares what Mexico thinks of us? I dare any of you to try sneaking into Mexico!

No offense, but as a Mexican, I find this post short-sighted. Perhaps you could take a wider look at the issue, and I'll try to explain another side you might have not considered.

Donald Trump's remark wasn't exactly racist as such, I don't feel -- but rather, it was ignorant, misleading, generalizing and yes, even offensive.
First of all, no one is "sending" Mexicans across the border. If a girl from, say, San Marcos, Texas wants to go to Los Angeles to become an actress, then Texas isn't "sending" her away in any form; she's just going in pursuit of her dreams/a better life/a change in her life, or whatever. Of course, she does so legally, unlike these Mexicans who cross over and stay there illegally. And that's another problem with Trump's infamous statement, it simply generalizes the people "Mexico sends" as "having problems" and bringing them into the US, without regard for the many perfectly legal Mexican immigrants who contribute to the economy and society. An example? Luis Miguel lives in Miami. He's a famous singer from Mexico and you may have never heard of him but look this up, especially the last paragraph, where it's stated (and sourced) that his tour grossed $950 million USD. Guess where that money goes? His account, in the good old US of A. See any Mexicans complaining?

That's one side of it. Let's see another, shall we?
"[Mexicans are bringing] those problems with us."
Who, really, is crossing the border illegally to pursue a future in the US? The answer is very simple. Some of the poorest people in the country, often from the Northern states, where for the most part, there isn't a lot of money, where most of the cartel violence occurs, and where they have it much easier to try it, as it doesn't imply crossing the entire country (not that people from the Southern or even Central states don't make the journey and illegally, cross, but less of them do in no small part because it takes resources they don't have to get there), but let's just agree that it's people in poverty.
What does poverty mean for society? Yes, many times it means crime. You have lots of examples in the US. Isn't Detroit considered a "dangerous" city, but also a poor one? Aren't "the projects" associated with poverty and crime?
Let's go further and talk about races, even. Didn't African-Americans first arrive in what is now the USA as slaves? Weren't they, after Abraham Lincoln's famous Emancipation, still mistreated for generations? Weren't they, as recent as 60s still struggling for equality? Do you think that's a factor in that, even today, there's a lot of black communities who have inherited a state of poverty, areas where there was open segregation, and now poverty and lack of opportunity remains?
Some black people have had the chance to do great things with their lives, many from their families working themselves into positions that allow to provide a better future from their children and said children seizing their opportunities in more recent times, and many from working hard and achieving great things and building huge things in this generation. A black president now forms part of American history for posterity, something that seemed unlikely even a few decades ago.
But there are still many places, as I suggested earlier, where there remains the legacy of the oppression they endured. And in many of those places there is crime. Los Angeles, several decades ago, for example, is a place where there was fierce oppression of black people, lack of opportunities, and where indeed gangs like the Bloods and Crips originated.
Indeed, there was also a very large influx of Latino (and especially Mexican) immigration in LA in the 40s and 50s, and they were mostly poor and remained poor and there were gangs springing up as a consequence.
Weren't Italian and Irish immigrants, who came into the US poor, also subjected to poverty and to a degree, oppression? Didn't they also spawn crime, such as the Italian Mafia families and the so-called Irish Mob?
Crime is not a race-related issue, but poverty plays a very big part in it, and in the USA there have been many instances in which a racial minority is oppressed or otherwise resisted by a sector of the local population and to ignore so is irresponsible. Obviously, poor people have often limited access to education which in turn does them no favors to better their economic standing or status, regardless of whether the minimum wage is higher wherever they emigrate, so they remain poor and often their succeeding generation also remains poor, but this isn't helped by meeting with factors (like said resistance by part of the population) negative to their growth, and being rejected only breeds resentment that later arises as racial tensions on both sides.

I don't mean to explain the various facets and aspects of poverty, immigration, crime and their relationships (or its history in the US), but it's exactly what's ignorant and in my opinion has no place in a country's head of state, to deliberately point the finger at a group and demonize them.
Of course there may be crime among poor immigrants (and also among poor non-immigrant locals), but their origin or ethnicity has little to do with it. And said crime, is obviously something one wants to avoid, government or otherwise, and people get deported which is also why I find your claim "with no repercussions" dismissive and frankly ridiculous.

You also state "who cares what Mexico thinks of us?"
Well, I think countries and their inhabitants should care to some degree what everyone else thinks. I guess I care enough to state that indeed, not all of us in Mexico are rapists and drug criminals, or poor, ignorant and waiting our chance to sneak across the border.
Some Americans care enough to learn the language of the places they visit as tourists, they care enough to be respectful of those places. Some don't. And the same goes for any nationality. Heck, some Americans care enough to, in this forum, remark that what Donald Trump said wasn't good for how they would want a possible head of state to represent their views or the country's foreign relations. Some, apparently, might not care about that.

And last, you say "I dare you to try sneaking into Mexico!"
Well, I dare you to instead visit and see the place for yourself, talk to the locals yourself, learn about what they're like. See if they're really so bad. See if maybe, there's people both good and bad; if there's people both ignorant and educated.
You don't have to sneak anyway, our borders are open and most of us enjoy foreigners.

EDIT: By the way, it's not my intention to come across as combative or for things to get heated. I am merely stating the little-professed opinion of the Mexican side (and at that, myself as an individual representing none but myself) in the Trump issue and addressing a view I've encountered with more information for consideration. I like a good, healthy, friendly debate, no arguments or fights!

Last edited:

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Welcome to the board Cemeterygates! I appreciate your desire for healthy debate. I won't back pedal on anything, but I do need to clarify a little bit. When I said, "Who cares what Mexico thinks of us?" I meant as far as the government of Mexico goes. There have been criticisms of our government and our people made by the Mexican government, re. illegal immigration. I don't think, as a sovereign nation, our policies need to be changed to accommodate that. The bottom line is that we are a nation based on a set of laws. People crossing our borders, from the north, OR the south, is a violation of those laws, and a hardship on our citizens. I know there are many many people from other countries who are living off the taxpayers, and working under the table. I have been a victim of crime by people who were not supposed to be in my country. Most of us are just kinda fed up with the lack of regard for what our ancestors and/or family members fought and died for.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I have never liked Trump. I don't like it when people hate on others for any reason, that's just cruel. You don't have to agree with someone to be respectful toward them. But that being said, I can hardly believe he is actually running for president. Sure he has money, but how does that qualify him to be the leader of a huge complex nation? I think he is very arrogant myself, always has been. And his comb-over is amusing.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
What makes sense is that you have put forth premises that have not been proven. Such as, You have no idea what race I am, or what socio-economic status I hold, and you may be shocked to find out. I am definitely a fiscal conservative in my politics, so that makes me a bigot...but against whom am I bigoted? I am a woman, so I should be a liberal, but I can't be, can I? No because I have to be a Republican. Okay so far, by your reasoning, I am a bigoted liberal Republican.
Now as to another part of your post: Please define your terms. What do you mean when you say, "almost every racist and bigot is Republican?" How do you define bigot and racist? Personally most of the libs I know are, by MY definition, bigots and racists. My definitions are as follows:
Bigot-someone who has no tolerance for other peoples' beliefs, eg, pro-life, Christianity, etc., finding fault with, disliking or hating people because they're different from you, eg, overweight people, white straight males, etc.
Racist-someone who has disdain for another person's race, and ACTS ON IT, eg, insisting on laws being passed to protect people whose race we somehow consider inferior, to the point that members of that race cannot be successful without our help.
Now what is your definition of these things?
when you're dealing with demographics, you aren't dealing with specific people. If you're a racist bigot, and a liberal feel free to prove me wrong. Otherwise, taking it as a personal slight against is just looking for something to take offense to. There are poor, female, and minority conservatives. There are rich, white men who are liberals. I can post the definition of "demographics" if you're still confused. How did it become about YOU at all??I just went back and read my post, just to see if I missed something. And I didn't. There was nothing even implied about you. So, I repeat, if you're a racist bigot, it can be considered offensive to you. Otherwise, get over yourself.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
when you're dealing with demographics, you aren't dealing with specific people. If you're a racist bigot, and a liberal feel free to prove me wrong. Otherwise, taking it as a personal slight against is just looking for something to take offense to. There are poor, female, and minority conservatives. There are rich, white men who are liberals. I can post the definition of "demographics" if you're still confused. How did it become about YOU at all??I just went back and read my post, just to see if I missed something. And I didn't. There was nothing even implied about you. So, I repeat, if you're a racist bigot, it can be considered offensive to you. Otherwise, get over yourself.
LOL I don't need to get over myself. I am not easily offended at all, and certainly not by someone whom I don't even know. Also, I know what the word means, thank you. I was pointing out all the fallacies in your accusations against certain groups of people. You said a lot of things that had no basis in fact, and when broken down to the lowest common denominator, did not flow logically. Remember what Mark Twain said, "Lies, damned lies and statistics."

Pantera

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Mexico
Welcome to the board Cemeterygates! I appreciate your desire for healthy debate. I won't back pedal on anything, but I do need to clarify a little bit. When I said, "Who cares what Mexico thinks of us?" I meant as far as the government of Mexico goes. There have been criticisms of our government and our people made by the Mexican government, re. illegal immigration. I don't think, as a sovereign nation, our policies need to be changed to accommodate that. The bottom line is that we are a nation based on a set of laws. People crossing our borders, from the north, OR the south, is a violation of those laws, and a hardship on our citizens. I know there are many many people from other countries who are living off the taxpayers, and working under the table. I have been a victim of crime by people who were not supposed to be in my country. Most of us are just kinda fed up with the lack of regard for what our ancestors and/or family members fought and died for.

Thanks! :)

You're right in that the Mexican government occasionally makes some statement against the treatment of illegal immigration from us (deportation and the like).
I actually have always stated (and have been frowned upon, mind you) that Americans are in their right to be upset about illegal immigrants taking over jobs that were legally and rightfully given to locals previously. But I still think the answer lies in making it more difficult and more or a severe risk for corporations to choose to employ illegal aliens rather than legit workers. I believe something has been done towards that end, I honestly don't know much about the subject, but it's not stopped that situation, I think it should be further analyzed and if needed, further penalized, rather than give harsh treatment of the immigrants such as having border snipers and some other such ideas you often read online. Or big walls... that seems like a good waste of taxpayer's money, they'll be eventually climbed or dug beneath, it's not a good solution.
Perhaps a program to somehow integrate illegal immigrants. Maybe not to full society (they don't pay taxes, so they don't really deserve benefits such as health care and the like), but I'm sure some deal that could work as a win-win for everything could be implemented.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
LOL I don't need to get over myself. I am not easily offended at all, and certainly not by someone whom I don't even know. Also, I know what the word means, thank you. I was pointing out all the fallacies in your accusations against certain groups of people. You said a lot of things that had no basis in fact, and when broken down to the lowest common denominator, did not flow logically. Remember what Mark Twain said, "Lies, damned lies and statistics."
Economic Demographics of Republicans & Conservatives

Economic Demographics of Democrats & Liberals – Politics & Debt

Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White

Republican And Democrat Statistics | Statistic Brain

Democrat / Republican Demographics - US Elections 2004/2008/2012/2016 - Objectivism Online Forum

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
No offense, but as a Mexican, I find this post short-sighted. Perhaps you could take a wider look at the issue, and I'll try to explain another side you might have not considered.

Donald Trump's remark wasn't exactly racist as such, I don't feel -- but rather, it was ignorant, misleading, generalizing and yes, even offensive.
First of all, no one is "sending" Mexicans across the border. If a girl from, say, San Marcos, Texas wants to go to Los Angeles to become an actress, then Texas isn't "sending" her away in any form; she's just going in pursuit of her dreams/a better life/a change in her life, or whatever. Of course, she does so legally, unlike these Mexicans who cross over and stay there illegally. And that's another problem with Trump's infamous statement, it simply generalizes the people "Mexico sends" as "having problems" and bringing them into the US, without regard for the many perfectly legal Mexican immigrants who contribute to the economy and society. An example? Luis Miguel lives in Miami. He's a famous singer from Mexico and you may have never heard of him but look this up, especially the last paragraph, where it's stated (and sourced) that his tour grossed $950 million USD. Guess where that money goes? His account, in the good old US of A. See any Mexicans complaining?

That's one side of it. Let's see another, shall we?
"[Mexicans are bringing] those problems with us."
Who, really, is crossing the border illegally to pursue a future in the US? The answer is very simple. Some of the poorest people in the country, often from the Northern states, where for the most part, there isn't a lot of money, where most of the cartel violence occurs, and where they have it much easier to try it, as it doesn't imply crossing the entire country (not that people from the Southern or even Central states don't make the journey and illegally, cross, but less of them do in no small part because it takes resources they don't have to get there), but let's just agree that it's people in poverty.
What does poverty mean for society? Yes, many times it means crime. You have lots of examples in the US. Isn't Detroit considered a "dangerous" city, but also a poor one? Aren't "the projects" associated with poverty and crime?
Let's go further and talk about races, even. Didn't African-Americans first arrive in what is now the USA as slaves? Weren't they, after Abraham Lincoln's famous Emancipation, still mistreated for generations? Weren't they, as recent as 60s still struggling for equality? Do you think that's a factor in that, even today, there's a lot of black communities who have inherited a state of poverty, areas where there was open segregation, and now poverty and lack of opportunity remains?
Some black people have had the chance to do great things with their lives, many from their families working themselves into positions that allow to provide a better future from their children and said children seizing their opportunities in more recent times, and many from working hard and achieving great things and building huge things in this generation. A black president now forms part of American history for posterity, something that seemed unlikely even a few decades ago.
But there are still many places, as I suggested earlier, where there remains the legacy of the oppression they endured. And in many of those places there is crime. Los Angeles, several decades ago, for example, is a place where there was fierce oppression of black people, lack of opportunities, and where indeed gangs like the Bloods and Crips originated.
Indeed, there was also a very large influx of Latino (and especially Mexican) immigration in LA in the 40s and 50s, and they were mostly poor and remained poor and there were gangs springing up as a consequence.
Weren't Italian and Irish immigrants, who came into the US poor, also subjected to poverty and to a degree, oppression? Didn't they also spawn crime, such as the Italian Mafia families and the so-called Irish Mob?
Crime is not a race-related issue, but poverty plays a very big part in it, and in the USA there have been many instances in which a racial minority is oppressed or otherwise resisted by a sector of the local population and to ignore so is irresponsible. Obviously, poor people have often limited access to education which in turn does them no favors to better their economic standing or status, regardless of whether the minimum wage is higher wherever they emigrate, so they remain poor and often their succeeding generation also remains poor, but this isn't helped by meeting with factors (like said resistance by part of the population) negative to their growth, and being rejected only breeds resentment that later arises as racial tensions on both sides.

I don't mean to explain the various facets and aspects of poverty, immigration, crime and their relationships (or its history in the US), but it's exactly what's ignorant and in my opinion has no place in a country's head of state, to deliberately point the finger at a group and demonize them.
Of course there may be crime among poor immigrants (and also among poor non-immigrant locals), but their origin or ethnicity has little to do with it. And said crime, is obviously something one wants to avoid, government or otherwise, and people get deported which is also why I find your claim "with no repercussions" dismissive and frankly ridiculous.

You also state "who cares what Mexico thinks of us?"
Well, I think countries and their inhabitants should care to some degree what everyone else thinks. I guess I care enough to state that indeed, not all of us in Mexico are rapists and drug criminals, or poor, ignorant and waiting our chance to sneak across the border.
Some Americans care enough to learn the language of the places they visit as tourists, they care enough to be respectful of those places. Some don't. And the same goes for any nationality. Heck, some Americans care enough to, in this forum, remark that what Donald Trump said wasn't good for how they would want a possible head of state to represent their views or the country's foreign relations. Some, apparently, might not care about that.

And last, you say "I dare you to try sneaking into Mexico!"
Well, I dare you to instead visit and see the place for yourself, talk to the locals yourself, learn about what they're like. See if they're really so bad. See if maybe, there's people both good and bad; if there's people both ignorant and educated.
You don't have to sneak anyway, our borders are open and most of us enjoy foreigners.

EDIT: By the way, it's not my intention to come across as combative or for things to get heated. I am merely stating the little-professed opinion of the Mexican side (and at that, myself as an individual representing none but myself) in the Trump issue and addressing a view I've encountered with more information for consideration. I like a good, healthy, friendly debate, no arguments or fights!
I really like this post. I wish I had seen it and read it sooner. I'm white and I live in the US. No cop has tried to shoot me in the back, and race has never been a factor in me not getting a job. People aren't protesting about my family having been allowed to migrate here from England and Scotland. I've never been treated unfair in court because I "look" like a criminal. People don't assume I'm on foodstamps or any kind of welfare. And no one assumes I'm part of a terrorist group when I get on an airplane.

So, keeping all that in mind, I have seen and heard the racism, myself. When someone has never faced racism firsthand and can figuratively taste it in the air, its gotta be pretty bad.Its running rampant on the internet as well as the streets. It never gets any easier to stomach. It seems almost everybody has a problem with a different race or religion right now. In the "melting pot" (USA), anyway, its everywhere. Mexicans, blacks, Muslims, poor, females, and on and on. It's actually pushed me to the point of starting to be racist, myself... towards whites.

I'm really glad to have seen your post. Everything you said is so true. And all very good points. But so many people are blinded by the "hate" goggles, that they may look at the words you type, but will refuse to read it for 2 reasons...1) its in defense of a race they decided to hate, and 2) you're mexican.

I know this response probably seems pretty meaningless, to anyone else but me. But I really wanted to say it, anyway.

Pantera

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Mexico
I really like this post. I wish I had seen it and read it sooner. I'm white and I live in the US. No cop has tried to shoot me in the back, and race has never been a factor in me not getting a job. People aren't protesting about my family having been allowed to migrate here from England and Scotland. I've never been treated unfair in court because I "look" like a criminal. People don't assume I'm on foodstamps or any kind of welfare. And no one assumes I'm part of a terrorist group when I get on an airplane.

So, keeping all that in mind, I have seen and heard the racism, myself. When someone has never faced racism firsthand and can figuratively taste it in the air, its gotta be pretty bad.Its running rampant on the internet as well as the streets. It never gets any easier to stomach. It seems almost everybody has a problem with a different race or religion right now. In the "melting pot" (USA), anyway, its everywhere. Mexicans, blacks, Muslims, poor, females, and on and on. It's actually pushed me to the point of starting to be racist, myself... towards whites.

I'm really glad to have seen your post. Everything you said is so true. And all very good points. But so many people are blinded by the "hate" goggles, that they may look at the words you type, but will refuse to read it for 2 reasons...1) its in defense of a race they decided to hate, and 2) you're mexican.

I know this response probably seems pretty meaningless, to anyone else but me. But I really wanted to say it, anyway.

Actually, I rather like your post as well. :)

Discrimination is a funny thing, and oh-so-prevalent.
Me? I'm white as white can be. I often get jokes about looking "ghostly" white (I'm rather pale). My mother's side of the family is Irish, from three generations ago, and my father's is Spanish and German from maybe 5 generations. I have green/hazel eyes and light brown hair (blonde as a kid).
Around 30% (old statistic, could have changed in the last 10 years) of Mexicans are white, most of the rest are brown/latino/swarthy?/whatever the correct term is English (in Mexican Spanish we say moreno/tez morena), and very small minorities of other ethnicity. Statistically, white people are much more likely to belong to middle, upper-middle and high classes.

So how has that ever affected me in Mexico?
Being in poorer areas of the city, where no white people are found (typically, anyway), I often get "looks," sometimes even comments. Almost all of it is aimed at me "feeling superior," even though that's never the case (in my case, anyway).
Sometimes on Saturdays I'll go to a market that sets up on a street by where I grew up, I'll go buy fruit, cheese, home-made bread and pastries, silver jewelry, have a meal at the quesadilla stalls, and anything else the local trade offers. Vendors are more likely to call to me as I walk by, almost all of them address me as "güero," a unique expression endemic to Mexico which, typically, used by white people means "blonde" and used by darker-skinned people is more like "whitey," although it can be endearing or derogatory, but it's usually neutral leaning towards positive.
I should mention the biggest discrimination in Mexico is between social/socioeconomic classes. There's overwhelming amounts of slang for everything related to that subject, as well as archetypes and stereotypes, and even popular sayings; it's very much ingrained into Mexican society and our contemporary culture. In fact, I think racism has a lot more to do with that in Mexico than actually hating a race for what it is/represents according to any given individual.

EDIT: Oh and for what it's worth...
I've been to the USA maybe around 40 times, mostly to Texas and Florida, but also California and Nevada.
The only time I've ever felt discriminated against for being Mexican was in Austin, Texas. During that trip, I'd speak Spanish among my siblings and many store staff members changed their whole demeanor around me, become defensive and watchful, like I was trying to shoplift rather than spending $200 on their store. It come as a surprise, because a waitress was telling me Austin was the "melting pot" of Texas.
On the other hand, a lot of people seem surprised when they realize I'm not American. After a few sentences, they notice my discreet accent and it shows. A lot of them then ask where I'm from. :p

Last edited:

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
@CemeteryGates23 I couldn't imagine being in your position. I'm curious about how you deal with it. I'm also curious about which one is worse. People haven't been kind to Mexicans around here for a while now. I've seen it myself. My best friend offered to help my mother in law out if she made the trip to Arizona. When I told her and she found out he was Mexican, she says she doesn't have a problem with that as long as he is legal. He was born in L.A. That was about 3 years ago, before things got as bad as they are now.