Mexico on High Alert Again After Another Truck Loaded with Radioactive Material Stolen | World Defense

Mexico on High Alert Again After Another Truck Loaded with Radioactive Material Stolen

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It really seems Mexico is incapable of policing itself. The cartels run wild, destroying quality of life for many, and now, yet again, a truck loaded with radioactive material has been stolen. This is at least the fifth such incident that is known of, and who knows whether it's occurred at other time, but has gone unreported? The material is reportedly dangerous to human health if it is removed from the protective container in which it resides. Hopefully the thieves were unaware of what they stole, and once the news reaches them, they will abandon it for police to find yet again. Mexico on High Alert Again After Another Truck Loaded with Radioactive Material Stolen

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I think those hijackers know exactly the loot. But I agree that the drug cartels may be behind the crime and they have a purpose for that in the future. From what I gathered, the drug lords are lording it over in Mexico. The notorious (or popular) drug lord called El Chapo who had escaped and had been re-arrested is being hailed as a hometown hero. It seems to me that the drug trade have taken over the control of Mexico.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
It seems that Mexico is now running under auto control. The Mexican Government has probably lost the capacity to maintain law and order in many areas of that country because of influence from the drug cartels. It would be unfortunate if it any of the cartels were behind the stealing of the radioactive material because they could use it to seek to hold the country at ransom

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It seems that Mexico is now running under auto control. The Mexican Government has probably lost the capacity to maintain law and order in many areas of that country because of influence from the drug cartels. It would be unfortunate if it any of the cartels were behind the stealing of the radioactive material because they could use it to seek to hold the country at ransom

@explorerx7 Yes, not only their country, but also those surrounding Mexico. The cartels have many operatives in the U.S., as well as Central and South America. I'm sure they're in Canada and the Caribbean, as well. I believe the government is a puppet organization being controlled by the cartels. They are obviously dangerous, and threaten the whole region, which is one reason many Americans seem to like the idea of a wall between the two countries.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Building a wall isn't going to stop people from coming into the country from South America, because if it was that simple do you not think it would have been done years ago?

Besides, its not those people who are scrambling over the borders and illegally entering the US that's the main dangers. The main dangers are from the multi billionaire tycoons that fly and land at American airports, in their private jets, invited by the politicians that you have to watch out for.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I read somebody mentioned El Chapo. This guy's name pops up every now and again and I also think that not only that he is powerful in drug business he is also capable of committing crimes like this one. I believe that corruption in Mexico is the biggest problem because they stole this too easily, it seems. It is all too connected and it probably goes way higher than just some drug cartels and El Chapo or whatever his nick is.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I can see Trump winning points in the US opinion polls after he mentions this and a possible risk of a dirty bomb on US soil.

Bound to have been one of the cartels involved, and of course money is the object.
The scary thing now is: who is going to buy this lethal load and who are their enemies/targets?

davidjon

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Mexico is essentially a failed state. It poses a threat not only to those countries in the region, but also to the rest of the world. I actually think there is a case to be made for the US to invade northern Mexico and erect a kind of "no man's land".

Plus, the cartels are without any morals whatsoever - if they now have radioactive material then that is a perfect pretext for launching such actions against them.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
While I aged that the Cartels seem to be getting more and more powerful and nothing is bring done about it, is it really up to the US to step in?

The US as been lambasted before for interfering with other countries issues, so would that not be the case this time aswell?

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
While I aged that the Cartels seem to be getting more and more powerful and nothing is bring done about it, is it really up to the US to step in?

The US as been lambasted before for interfering with other countries issues, so would that not be the case this time aswell?

They share a border.
It's like China telling of North Korea, they will if they think it'll affect their side of the line.

You're right though, the US can't win this argument:
intervene: bloody brutes!
stand by: heartless monsters!

cassandra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
This keeps happening! I really wonder what is going on. It should not be that easy to steal something like that. I say that there is more to it than what is being said but of course we'll probably never know. They really need better security measures to negate this from happening again. It literally makes no sense at all.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
This keeps happening! I really wonder what is going on. It should not be that easy to steal something like that. I say that there is more to it than what is being said but of course we'll probably never know. They really need better security measures to negate this from happening again. It literally makes no sense at all.

The fact it keeps on happening though is something else that's a concern. As you say, for something so important you'd think it would be well protected.

The chances are though it is. But the ones who are supposed to be protecting it are probably the ones who are involved in the disappearance!

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
I would agree with the premise that the people who stole the truck knew exactly what the cargo was, and intend to use it as stated or worse. Question: Has anyone from their government located the truck or found any traces of it since this was first reported? It's nearly May of 2016 and I haven't heard a peep about it since from the news media or anywhere else. Makes me wonder where it is and what people are doing with it.

Somehow, I doubt it's to generate 1.21 gigawatts of electricity to go Back to the Future. But if the guy who took it was named Emmet or wearing a rad suit from outerspace, then maybe...

Last edited: