Most Corrupt Countries in the World | Page 2 | World Defense

Most Corrupt Countries in the World

Pinoy Jade

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I guess they have not seen Philippines. I live here in the Philippines and corruption is everywhere and even the President is being accused of having the money of the people. One big thing is during the era of the former President Gloria Arroyo that he had the money of the people and he had it on by his own. This further went to trial and that is one thing that made him out of her throne (Graft and Corruption). She is now under House Arrest. One thing is Miss Napoles who used the Pork Barrel intended for the people. Billions of Pesos were stolen and now she is on the prison. As of now, the investigaiton is on going because there are lots of senators involved on the case including Senator Ramon Bong Revilla who is now currently in prison for the alleged cases.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe a better way to do this would be to take their rating system, however they got to their top 10, and then apply that system to every country in the world. Compile atop 10 in that way as I have a feeling this report, as accurate as it might seem, won't have been an indepth study of the whole world, due to time constrictions and budgets, I think many of the countries won't have been looked at.
Once every country is rated, only then will we get a clear picture of where the problems arise.

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
Is North Korea that corrupt? Thought it was pretty solid actually. But you mean corruption from outside the country or from the internal structure? I would like to read some article of it as I am pretty interesting about this fact.

STM

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Romania
I partly agree with this list, but I would personally put North Korea in the very first place since the people who live there are utmost brainwashed by a marxist-leninist party, which in my opinion should collapse as soon as possible.
I am aware that Somalia doesn't even have a government, but compared to what happens in NK...

There is a website on the Internet which offers an insight of the most corrupt countries in the world, which I suggest you check out: Transparency International - The Global Anti-Corruption Coalition
Cheers!

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
Sad to say it but I think South Africa should be on the list too! We have a government that is so full of corruption it is silly to think we are actually still running here, well just barely as the loadshedding is due to nobody maintaining electricity and power plants.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I'm very surprised to find Venezuela in the list. Although it is only in 10th place, I had the impression that Hugo Chavez was a good leader for that country. But perhaps when Chavez died, his successor botched the job. Venezuela is an oil-producing country so its economy should be afloat. But then again, the lowering world prices of oil may have contributed to the slow economy.... and the corruption too.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I think there is a surprise here for many countries that should be on the list and for some that we would not have expected to be on the list but who would have thought that fifa would be corrupt and almost end a tradition!

CrowdedHighways

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Latvia
Couldn't help but notice help but notice how many of the countries of these countries are located in Asia. Moreover, most of these countries are located in Central Asia. Do you think that the geographical location plays the biggest role here, or is it about many of these countries being post-Soviet states?