MRAP | Page 2 | World Defense

MRAP

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
This maybe a problem for some moron in the procurement department. They may not be able to make quick money on a deal . Let’s see what response I get from GHQ... it will help us understand their position.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I was checking out this list and found at least 315 MAXX PRO have been delivered to the Pakistan army so far. These are in addition to 40 ordered in 2017. I am not sure if that ordered under FMS was fulfilled.

If true these are substantial numbers. I have only seen a few pictures in FATA theater and none from the Balochistan side.
Wiki:
Pakistan 325 MaxxPro MRAPs of different versions in service with the armed forces , and an additional 37 Maxx pro MRV is service as well.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Don't know what happened to this deal:

TURKISH AUTOMANUFACTURER BMC CONFIRMS MRAP SALES TO PAKISTAN
ShareTweet
from Quwa.org
Speaking to the Turkish media, BMC (one of Turkey’s largest defence and civil automakers) Board Member Yasin Öztürk stated that the company’s Kirpi mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle has seen growing traction in the overseas market with 300 MRAPs sold (Milliyet).
Öztürk added that BMC has also been producing Kirpi MRAPs for Pakistan, though he did not disclose the numbers sold to or the duration of B

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I dont think it is lack of funds, but lack of will.
As for Humvees...like Zeeman suggested...Pak could acquire the US ones in Afghanistan for cheap. However they only protect against mostly bullets.

MRAPs are the ones that are needed when fighting insurgencies that have plentiful RPGs and IEDs at their disposal. For that I think what would be tremendously helpful is if a few countries could come together and either settle on an existing design(like Hamza) or completely develop a new one in a JV if the existing ones don't meet the need(for whatever reason). If an MRAP is produced in thousands of numbers...it's per unit cost would become cheaper and spares/maintenance that much easier.

Some of the countries that are in need of MRAPs and can work together and place a giant order include...
- Pakistan(for TTP/BLA/etc.)
- KSA/UAE(for their troops in Yemen)
- Iraq(for ISIS)
- Turkey(for their troops in Syria)
- Nigeria(for Boko Haram)

Whatever the political differences between these countries...should be put aside...for the simple reason that there is money to be made...
...in kickbacks of course. If a carrot of kickbacks is dangled in front of the corrupt leaders in these countries...I think it can be done.

UAE alone just paid about half a billion to US for about 4500 MRAPS. If the order had been for multiple countries...that number would have easily run into well over 10,000 MRAPs and a couple billion dollars.

Can't fix kickbacks and corruption...so why not just use it to get the ball rolling and save some lives along with it.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I was checking out this list and found at least 315 MAXX PRO have been delivered to the Pakistan army so far. These are in addition to 40 ordered in 2017. I am not sure if that ordered under FMS was fulfilled.

If true these are substantial numbers. I have only seen a few pictures in FATA theater and none from the Balochistan side.
Wiki:
Pakistan 325 MaxxPro MRAPs of different versions in service with the armed forces , and an additional 37 Maxx pro MRV is service as well.

Sir, 325 is an insignificant number for PA. They need a minimum of 10k ASAP

1591811829900.png

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Don't know what happened to this deal:

TURKISH AUTOMANUFACTURER BMC CONFIRMS MRAP SALES TO PAKISTAN
ShareTweet
from Quwa.org
Speaking to the Turkish media, BMC (one of Turkey’s largest defence and civil automakers) Board Member Yasin Öztürk stated that the company’s Kirpi mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle has seen growing traction in the overseas market with 300 MRAPs sold (Milliyet).
Öztürk added that BMC has also been producing Kirpi MRAPs for Pakistan, though he did not disclose the numbers sold to or the duration of B
There was news of this as well:

1591811984600.png

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
What the hell is this o_O kuttaa pakarny wali gari jo municipal corporations use karti thii back in 70's,80's :mad:
There was news of this as well:

View attachment 13618

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
This looks like the vehicle in dumb and dumber movie ... mutt mobile ..
The idea was to attack terrorists "passively" with this vehicle. They would look at and die laughing |0|