Multiple Parcel Bombs Detonated in China's Guangxi Region | World Defense

Multiple Parcel Bombs Detonated in China's Guangxi Region

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
The article states that 17 parcel bombs were set off. The parcels were delivered by paid couriers. 51 people have been injured, and at least 7 killed. 'Authorities said they had ruled out a terrorist attack.' Except, obviously this was a terrorist attack. Perhaps they define terrorist differently, and mean they have ruled out outsiders, as opposed to domestic terrorists. Deadly blasts rock China's Guangxi region - CNN.com 60 other suspicious parcels were identified.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Gee, all 17 parcels detonated at the same time. That's a lot of bombs. But I wonder why authorities had ruled out a terrorist attack. Maybe they know something that we do not know. Or are those parcels intended for other countries that were mistakenly delivered to the originating location? Just asking. Deadly blast but not an act of terrorism, huh.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Gee, all 17 parcels detonated at the same time. That's a lot of bombs. But I wonder why authorities had ruled out a terrorist attack. Maybe they know something that we do not know. Or are those parcels intended for other countries that were mistakenly delivered to the originating location? Just asking. Deadly blast but not an act of terrorism, huh.

I think it's just another load of propaganda. Perhaps some actually believe it. They are probably saying that in an attempt to calm the people, but if not terrorism, how do they explain it? Personally, I'd feel better thinking it was someone outside of my culture/country trying to attack us, rather than thinking it was my countrymen. There probably won't be much follow up from their government in the way of explanation, and if so, it probably won't be the truth.