Nazi Megastructures - Super Tank [VID] | World Defense

Nazi Megastructures - Super Tank [VID]

Nate

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
This is a documentary you might find interesting, about how the Nazis built some of the biggest and deadliest pieces of military hardware in history and uncovering the hidden remains of Hitler's most ambitious megastructures

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
Well the Germans were and are the best when it comes to engineering and so I am not surprised about the weapons they developed or planned to develop. I only wonder about the things those Nazi scientists and engineers could have achieved had they focus on development rather than war.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Really cool documentary, thinks for linking that.

The thing is, when you have a large group of people working for what they believe in (right or wrong) you get good results. That is why the U.S. was making insane progress at the same time, not to mention Britain with their computer advancements.

What gave the Nazi's an upper-hand was the forced labor used in concentration camps. Everyone else had to use people who weren't active in war to build, maintain, and dig up materials to keep the war effort going. Very interesting how it turned out.

OOPS, forgot the Russians. I would say they did a bit more advancement a bit later in the cold war ;)

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
In those days building a tank would of taken quite a bit of work as, people would not have the technology now we have and also is a bit easier to make as well in today's world. The Nazis were more interested in war and were winning but, got overconfident and made mistakes like move forward and never retreat in battle and also Hitler also made choices which were not good and did not listen to advice was ill prepared when fighting Russia and lost many men that way. Technology was not used well,and should of and proper advice should of been listened to so they could of had a chance of winning in the battles.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
Well the Germans were and are the best when it comes to engineering and so I am not surprised about the weapons they developed or planned to develop. I only wonder about the things those Nazi scientists and engineers could have achieved had they focus on development rather than war.
The German nuclear scientists in NAZI Germany worked on nuclear power instead of the "bomb" because they felt that the American scientists wouldn't, and they anticipated that Germany would loose the war. They were thinking about after the war. Most Germans were unaware of the horrors being done in their name (I think they were afraid to think about it). When we count the numbers of victims of the NAZIs we need to include most of their followers. Millions of Germans and their allies died in the war. Many of the soldiers were just young men forced to fight for a bunch of lies.

BigBIgFan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Cool video, I'm not a fan of war but the science behind it and the machinery created by it fascinate me. To think that one small country nearly had enough equipment, soldiers and technology to rule the world with is amazing, and even insane. I highly doubt the rest of the world would ever be caught unprepared ever again.

The big tanks they built must have scared the boots off a lot of soldiers, I wouldn't want one of those coming anywhere near my position. Yikes!

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
It's known that the germans were 100 steps forward from the allies.. I mean just think about how many years they have resisted in war pretty much alone (Italy wasn't that much of an help) and they was still able to develop innovative weapons like rockets like the V series which targeted London or their panzers... just amazing!. I think this aspect of war is really fascinating and outstanding to study.