No peace for Iraqi Christians this Easter

Nate

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA

In light of the tragic massacre of Christian college students in Kenya on Thursday, and the ongoing threat against Christians in other nations, this Holy Week we are calling upon Christians to also reflect upon the crucifixion, beheading, stoning, enforced slavery, sexual abuse, human trafficking, harassment, bombing and displacement of hundreds of thousands of Christians, and others, whose faith alone has made them a target of religious extremists.

Countless lives have been utterly destroyed in nations such as Iraq, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, India, Egypt, Kenya and Nigeria.

Last edited:

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
A horrifying situation! At the risk of being flamed, I maintain that anywhere in the world where radical Islam exists, Christians and Jews will not be safe! (There are some who consider ALL Islam to be radical, but I will refrain from giving my opinion on that). This really needs to be a deciding factor in how the US and its allies deal with the crisis. We are fighting for survival. Sadly some of us are losing the battle in the far-flung corners of the globe, and we're not doing much to alleviate the situation.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
A horrifying situation! At the risk of being flamed, I maintain that anywhere in the world where radical Islam exists, Christians and Jews will not be safe! (There are some who consider ALL Islam to be radical, but I will refrain from giving my opinion on that). This really needs to be a deciding factor in how the US and its allies deal with the crisis. We are fighting for survival. Sadly some of us are losing the battle in the far-flung corners of the globe, and we're not doing much to alleviate the situation.

Don't feel ashamed to post the truth. There is no use in tip-toeing around the issue that it is Islam creating this. There are a lot of power struggles going on that people use Islam for, but if you read the text this is nothing out of the ordinary. Even the nice and tolerant Muslims would still have Christians and Jews pay an extra tax for living in an Islamic State.

I do not support bigotry or racism of course, but it is a serious issue we can't be worried about being called one.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
ISIS is a cult. They use Islam as smoke-screen to gain support and attain their objectives. Al Shabaab's attack was an act of vengeance for whatever is happening in Somalia.

Isn't slapping the "terrorist" label on all Muslims the cause for Islamophobia? Israel murdered hundreds of Palestinians. Did people say all Jews were murderers? Wasn't Netanyahu singled out as the terrorist? Why the double standards?

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden

I don't understand why would be flamed. Radical Islamist slaughters anyone who doesn't agree with their world view. Not only Christians and Jews, but other Muslims as well. After ISIS has been dealt with I'm sure another terrorist organisation will take their place.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I don't understand why would be flamed. Radical Islamist slaughters anyone who doesn't agree with their world view. Not only Christians and Jews, but other Muslims as well. After ISIS has been dealt with I'm sure another terrorist organisation will take their place.
Political correctness is rampant everywhere now! It's almost assured that if you speak the truth about any favorite subject of the liberals, you will be flamed, shamed and shouted down. Truth is truth though, so we have to keep on telling it.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Only Arab countries are making a fuss over religious differences. I know of several dogmatic Christian denominations but I have yet to hear the existence of extremist Christian factions. Deliberate and premeditated murder is the highest for of evil. Don't terrorists know what their actions signify? Religion is obviously just their excuse. I feel bad for Christians in the Middle East. It's better if they move out into places where Christianity isn't condemned.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Only Arab countries are making a fuss over religious differences. I know of several dogmatic Christian denominations but I have yet to hear the existence of extremist Christian factions. Deliberate and premeditated murder is the highest for of evil. Don't terrorists know what their actions signify? Religion is obviously just their excuse. I feel bad for Christians in the Middle East. It's better if they move out into places where Christianity isn't condemned.

Please don't generalize. There are Christians living in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Algeria, Tunisian.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden

Well, most Muslims live in the third world so there are obvious socio-economical angles that have to be considered. But, I'm sure have heard of the Westboro Baptist Church and KKK. Homosexuals are still killed in African countries.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Please don't generalize. There are Christians living in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Algeria, Tunisian.

Muslims burn Christian churches in Egypt. And Christians are still treated relatively well in Egypt compared to other Arab countries.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Political correctness is rampant everywhere now! It's almost assured that if you speak the truth about any favorite subject of the liberals, you will be flamed, shamed and shouted down. Truth is truth though, so we have to keep on telling it.

Well, I think it's all about context. America has waged two wars against radical Islam. But if it really is so rampant then there's even more reason to voice your opinion.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I think that we can all agree that there are casualties on both sides that have become such because of religious extremism. I'm not going to say that it's exclusively an Islamic problem, because it's not. Although we can't also deny that the recent events can be tied negatively to Islam. My point is: religion is an excuse extremists use to justify violence.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I think that we can all agree that there are casualties on both sides that have become such because of religious extremism. I'm not going to say that it's exclusively an Islamic problem, because it's not. Although we can't also deny that the recent events can be tied negatively to Islam. My point is: religion is an excuse extremists use to justify violence.

You hit the nail on the head. Well said sir.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

In light of the tragic massacre of Christian college students in Kenya on Thursday, and the ongoing threat against Christians in other nations, this Holy Week we are calling upon Christians to also reflect upon the crucifixion, beheading, stoning, enforced slavery, sexual abuse, human trafficking, harassment, bombing and displacement of hundreds of thousands of Christians, and others, whose faith alone has made them a target of religious extremists.

Countless lives have been utterly destroyed in nations such as Iraq, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, India, Egypt, Kenya and Nigeria.
i refuse to accept such claims. all Iraqis are living in hell not just Christians.
im sick of these brainwashing titles.
the vast majority of the 5 million who got killed and 10s of millions who got displaced since 9/11 are SUNNI MUSLIMS.
the majority of the 500,000 syrians killed are sunni
majority of the 11 million refugees and displaced syrians are sunni.

the world has shown us how racist they are when they started a campaign to save yazidies in iraq cuz they are a "targeted minority"
basiclly they were saying its ok if sunni muslims die we got plenty of them.
the minority card is sick.
the world and the UN should have moved to save ALL IRAQIES AND ALL SYRIANS. regardless of their religion

for your information there are around 25 to 3o million christians in the arab world. maybe less im not sure.
but generaly speaking and percentage wise they are among the richer class in their countries.