North Korea & Russia to create an allience? | World Defense

North Korea & Russia to create an allience?

MrDan89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
United Kingdom

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
I think they have had an alliance for quite some time now, the Russians have often helped out North Korea, and they were close allies during the Cold War. I've read in the past that there are often Russian scholarships given to North Koreans and education infrastructure built by the Russians.

Despite this, their recent relations haven't been as strong, but if your sources are correct, then that could be changing, and maybe the two states are ready to further develop their relations.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Its just part of Putin's plan of returning Russia to a Single Party state. Instead of leaning towards the left though this time around Russia is leaning towards the Right. Russia scares me quite a bit right now because they seem to be on the verge of Fascism. The world really doesn't need another country that has plans for expansion with Nukes.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I would be very surprised if this happened officially but I also think that Russia and NK have been allied for a while but mostly unofficially. It makes sense that Russia helps out NK in the forms of weapons. It is also quite likely that there was something going on between the two countries when it comes to nuclear weapons.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
We won't see an "official" alliance soon. But they are known to be allies for quite a while. Thing is Russia is becoming more and more lonely in this era and they need some serious allies in order to push the west a bit.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I am not impressed at Russia's choice of ally. I'm not concerned either. Although Sun Tzu's Art of War always reminds us not to underestimate the enemy, my gut tells me NoKor will do a fine job of exposing itself without a struggle. Besides, the U.S. already declared they've managed to hack into Pyongyang's military documents. So in this regard, U.S., their allies and NATO are still ahead of the game.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I've heard this through a few channels, what do people think? I find the implications worrying but do not think anything will come of it!

I've provided some links for you to check out (all english)

Russia says North Korea sent positive signal on Kim visit in May| Reuters
S. Korea sees 'possibility' of Kim's visit to Russia: source
Vladimir Putin invites North Korea's Kim Jong-un to visit Russia
The worsening part isn't the fact that Kim and Prutin are being cordial. The worsening part is that they're doing it in the presence of the public and the media. We all know that Prutin and Kim are cut from the same cloth, they are both mischievous and no good. They've been up to calibrated skeptical antics in front of the media because they want to give the world a warning sign showing that a "Power House" may be formed by uniting.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It would kind of be like asking the last girl at the ball for a dance. They may not want to get together but nobody else wants either party. Whether it would actually come to fruition is another matter. North Korea really are pariahs and for Russia to align with them would really reinforce the view that they want to go it alone.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Well, having allies in North Korea won't help them much. Maybe only by putting more pressure in Asia, other than that, NK is kinda of a joke.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
It would kind of be like asking the last girl at the ball for a dance. They may not want to get together but nobody else wants either party. Whether it would actually come to fruition is another matter. North Korea really are pariahs and for Russia to align with them would really reinforce the view that they want to go it alone.

Well Russia have been known to have positive relations with each other for quite some time now, even if it wasn't shown very explicitly. It dates back to the fact that the North Korean part of Korea was in control of the Russians, known as the "Russian Korean Zone of Occupation". After South Korea had been established as an independent state, the Soviet Union established a Communist North Korean government. So that's the history behind their relationship, it will be interesting to see how far they decide to take in the coming future.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I wasn't aware of such a close relationship, Zenfive. Maybe there is scope for them to take it to the next level. North Korea really has nothing to lose by doing so. I'm just wondering whether Russia thinks it would make sense in the current political climate.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
It looks like Russia and North Korea are trying to stir up World War III. That's pretty scary.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I would assume that North Korean and Russian relations are mostly business. I don't think that they would create an alliance in a partnership sense. It would not surprise me if Russia was selling North Korea a lot of things, however.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
This is going to be very scary if this really happens. Looks like WW3 is going to happen if ever. I already suspect they are going to be partners even before.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Would North Korea want an alliance with the Russia while believing they could just handle everything by themselves? And for Russia, I think it's all that possible that it tames North Korea. After all, the country was born and the faction was made because of Russia. Another thing that's going to make the alliance possible is because they both need to strengthen themselves, especially for North Korea. But even if they have become alliance, I don't think their force would be a massive threat for the US.