Nuclear Free World? | Page 2 | World Defense

Nuclear Free World?

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
Of course that world without nuclear bombs would be a better place because sooner or later someone will use them and even the testing is not very environment friendly. I guess people are paranoid and even if they agree to this everyone would have some back up underground nuclear head. Another thing that crossed my mind is that if an asteroid would come to collide with earth we would be in need for a bomb of that power to try to destroy it. I am aware that nothing will prevent our stupidity to get to the world's end but it is a good idea and a start.

Well, I really don't think that a nuclear weapon would be able to destroy a world-ending asteroid. They are simply too weak for that to be actually feasible. But I really like the idea of the world coming together and using its nuclear arsenal to accomplish something that is actually good, for a change.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well not
Well, I really don't think that a nuclear weapon would be able to destroy a world-ending asteroid. They are simply too weak for that to be actually feasible. But I really like the idea of the world coming together and using its nuclear arsenal to accomplish something that is actually good, for a change.
Not one bomb but as you said several and uniting would be a great thing. Maybe we should have this kind of situation to realize what are the real values. When I have deep thoughts about this I only ask myself where did we go wrong that we make weapon to kill each other. It is insane! Imagine what kind of a lunatic you have to be to say, "Okay, we should make several bombs that can wipe clean half of our world." It sounds reasonable enough. I really do not see how did we become this hateful bunch.

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
Well not

Not one bomb but as you said several and uniting would be a great thing. Maybe we should have this kind of situation to realize what are the real values. When I have deep thoughts about this I only ask myself where did we go wrong that we make weapon to kill each other. It is insane! Imagine what kind of a lunatic you have to be to say, "Okay, we should make several bombs that can wipe clean half of our world." It sounds reasonable enough. I really do not see how did we become this hateful bunch.

Well to be totally truthful, we always were a hateful bunch. I mean look at history! People, from time immemorial, have tried to wipe other people from the face of the earth for the silliest of reasons. You don't follow my version of the holy book? You are evil and need to die? Your people don't dress up like I do? Hey, somebody bring me that gun already! You've a skin colour that's a bit different than mine? Don't touch me you filthy rat! You've got your own culture? How dare you, you savage!... I could go on all day.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
we definitely are awful as humans have destroyed so much! I think it would be wonderful if there was no nuclear power and we could all live in peace....that would not be enough now though because we have also damaged the earth and need to get that fixed up too!

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I am not too sure a world without nukes would necessarily be better than it is today. It could even be worse. Much worse. Nukes provide strong incentives against direct military confrontation between nuclear armed nations and their allies. Think about it this way... if the US, Japan, Poland, Russia, Germany, France, Italy and the UK all had nukes in 1938 would WW2 have still happened? I doubt it.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Anything is possible. However, I doubt there will the possibility of a nuclear-free world anytime soon. It seems that many nuclear weapons are the ultimate, must-have toy. It has become a leveraging device, a bargaining chip. Most countries will not willing to surrender their symbol of power. It seems they would more likely be moving to acquire more of these arms because there are sanctions to the proliferation of these devices, we still see countries still covertly trying to acquire them.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well to be totally truthful, we always were a hateful bunch. I mean look at history! People, from time immemorial, have tried to wipe other people from the face of the earth for the silliest of reasons. You don't follow my version of the holy book? You are evil and need to die? Your people don't dress up like I do? Hey, somebody bring me that gun already! You've a skin colour that's a bit different than mine? Don't touch me you filthy rat! You've got your own culture? How dare you, you savage!... I could go on all day.
You are right when I look from that angle. I guess I always looked at good things so I am always surprised when I hear anything bad had happened. All these things you mentioned just explain how stupid we actually are. It is a shame really.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
we definitely are awful as humans have destroyed so much! I think it would be wonderful if there was no nuclear power and we could all live in peace....that would not be enough now though because we have also damaged the earth and need to get that fixed up too!

There is a saying by the old people in the rural area that man is the fiercest of all animals. I think those wise men of the olden times are correct because the invention of weaponry is more advanced than the medical science. From the arrow to the gun and to the nuclear bomb, such a big leap of technology while the syringe and needle remains with us until now, proof that medical science is very slow in progress.

And with the nuclear free world? That's just a dream because man is obsessed to kill. Pardon for that negative remark.

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
You are right when I look from that angle. I guess I always looked at good things so I am always surprised when I hear anything bad had happened. All these things you mentioned just explain how stupid we actually are. It is a shame really.

Yep, it's just as you say. Look at the Internet. It is THE platform where our true nature comes out in the open. Because it provides anonymity, people on the Internet say what is on their mind, and more often than not, it is so destructive you just think, "Okay, time to pack my bags and leave Earth for good." It's just who we are, and try as we might, we cannot change it.

But there are people, who, though rare in occurrence, think about others. Not just other humans, but all the myriad forms of life we share this beautiful planet with. They represent the hope that all is not lost for us. Alas, more people choose to follow idiots and doomsayers than these people, and that is a damn shame.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yep, it's just as you say. Look at the Internet. It is THE platform where our true nature comes out in the open. Because it provides anonymity, people on the Internet say what is on their mind, and more often than not, it is so destructive you just think, "Okay, time to pack my bags and leave Earth for good." It's just who we are, and try as we might, we cannot change it.

But there are people, who, though rare in occurrence, think about others. Not just other humans, but all the myriad forms of life we share this beautiful planet with. They represent the hope that all is not lost for us. Alas, more people choose to follow idiots and doomsayers than these people, and that is a damn shame.

You said it well and am just going to confirm your thoughts about this with one example of our stupidity. It is about animals. I do not eat meat and I really do like animals. One a friend asked me why do I refuse to eat meat and I said that I could or might if we were able to turn our brains on and realize that we are not eating meat but growing animals to kill them.

I explained that my opinion on this doesn't matter but I really do believe that if in the earlier ages of humanity people didn't respect animals like we refuse to do now, there wouldn't be people at all. You don't go around killing young animals just because you like the taste of it. That is sick. We should nurture animals and if we eat we should eat old ones.

I couldn't still but any case we are just doing everything wrong.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
Not a lot of countries in this world have a stock pile of nuclear weapons, but none of them is will to give it all up. If a country like the US with superior all-round military force and total domination in all areas, and still won't give up on nukes why do you think smaller, weaker countries would want to give up the only bargaining chip they have to protect themselves from potential (stronger) aggressor?

The bottomline is, if all countries give up nukes, and make it illegal to have any nuclear weapons, the US will still have total advantage in foreseen future, and in fact it will actually make weaker countries more vulnerable to attack.

Nukes is a great equalizer... that's why the US is willing to sanction countries for trying to develop nukes... to keep them weak and vulnerable to attack.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Nukes are an equalizer. The world would have been a lot different had only the US had weapons. If (say) Iran were to develop Nukes, it would completely alter the strategic landscape in the Middle East. But, how do you deter another country that has nukes? With nukes of course. So, Israel, Saudi Arabia, etc would develop Nukes too. Its just self defense really.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
It is a very sad thought to know that nuclear power is such a struggle in our world and a very frightening thought that it could be the end of all humanity, the world is mad and it is about time that we got rid of nuclear power in each country that has it, even those who use electricity as the excuse to own it.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
I once looked at old plans/doctrines made by various countries in case they went to war. Of course, the US plan from the cold war era is public - the US' plan was to attack all the major Soviet and Chinese cities in one swift action. Recently, when the Russians revealed there old plan, it wasn't pretty either. Defense systems won't stop ALL nukes. So basically, there was a time when the world could have ended in a matter of minutes. Today, with even more countries brandishing nukes that are hundreds of times more powerful than the ones dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki or the ones developed during the cold war, I shudder to think what would happen in an all out war.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I am not sure if I like the word equaliser because it is a scary thought to know that nuclear power can destroy our entire existence. Some say they use it for electricity but we all know what they are keeping it for and if every country had to use it our planet would go in seconds.