Operation underway against militants near Pakistan-Iran border | Page 2 | World Defense

Operation underway against militants near Pakistan-Iran border

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Falling in line...
Abdullah Abdullah is a rabid AntiPak person. for him to openly welcome COAS means unkil nein bohat bara danda diya hai.
Also means, Unkil has also acquised to our demands vis a vis removal of Indian elements from Afg and more Pashtoon involvment in AFG government set up. Now NDS needs to be de-fanged. Once that is done, Pakistan's long term goals needs to be to counter Iranians in Afghanistan. They cannot be allowed to fill the power vacuum as they have done in Iraq and Syria. I have a feeling both US and our Gulf allies are aligned with that role for PK.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Most interesting message if u see in last line of second tweet "" I reiterated """neither we nor Afghan govt but ""I""' and he is the main guy for both PAK and Taliban Ashraf Ghani lost its usefulness for everyone concern .NDS de fanning if you remember during 1980 the puppet afghan govt intelligence wing ""KHAD""" who was responsible of many terrorist attack most significant Bohri Bazar bomb blast in 1987 but suddenly destroyed after Russian withdrawl.This time need more harder and assured measures .
Iran story is simple they were playing on both side giving shelter to many also helping/informing US where they find to their advantage.Gen Sulemani killing was major setback for Iran's AFG operations as he was designer and runner of that prog got contacts on both side i.e. Taliban and US.Actually his killing was important to push the deal and avoid further complications(one of reasons) just look at the dates of his killing and peace agreement signing.They want more role even their influenced limited mostly around Harat and mostly dependent on Hezbe Wahdat which is another trouble.Taliban coming from society where long memory matters they still remember the brutality of Abdul Ali Mazarai.No wonder where ever they busy still put reminder to fire some rockets on his death anniversary main gathering.
US need sure guarantees before withdrawing and alone Pakistan cant provide it so yah here as u said Gulf countries ,China and Russia step in but its job of Pakistan to ensure and enforced those guarantees
Falling in line...
Abdullah Abdullah is a rabid AntiPak person. for him to openly welcome COAS means unkil nein bohat bara danda diya hai.
Also means, Unkil has also acquised to our demands vis a vis removal of Indian elements from Afg and more Pashtoon involvment in AFG government set up. Now NDS needs to be de-fanged. Once that is done, Pakistan's long term goals needs to be to counter Iranians in Afghanistan. They cannot be allowed to fill the power vacuum as they have done in Iraq and Syria. I have a feeling both US and our Gulf allies are aligned with that role for PK.

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Most interesting message if u see in last line of second tweet "" I reiterated """neither we nor Afghan govt but ""I""' and he is the main guy for both PAK and Taliban Ashraf Ghani lost its usefulness for everyone concern .NDS de fanning if you remember during 1980 the puppet afghan govt intelligence wing ""KHAD""" who was responsible of many terrorist attack most significant Bohri Bazar bomb blast in 1987 but suddenly destroyed after Russian withdrawl.This time need more harder and assured measures .
Iran story is simple they were playing on both side giving shelter to many also helping/informing US where they find to their advantage.Gen Sulemani killing was major setback for Iran's AFG operations as he was designer and runner of that prog got contacts on both side i.e. Taliban and US.Actually his killing was important to push the deal and avoid further complications(one of reasons) just look at the dates of his killing and peace agreement signing.They want more role even their influenced limited mostly around Harat and mostly dependent on Hezbe Wahdat which is another trouble.Taliban coming from society where long memory matters they still remember the brutality of Abdul Ali Mazarai.No wonder where ever they busy still put reminder to fire some rockets on his death anniversary main gathering.
US need sure guarantees before withdrawing and alone Pakistan cant provide it so yah here as u said Gulf countries ,China and Russia step in but its job of Pakistan to ensure and enforced those guarantees
I remember KHAD. My father was posted at Peshawar 1981. KHAD was super active in Peshawar at that time. And you are right, just like KHAD, current NDS are essentially Northern Alliance mercenaries doing their masters bidding based on who will pay them more instead of working to secure Afghanistan. They need to realize they cannot be AntiPak and be successful especially post US withdrawl. It has been 19 years, US has poured over a trillion dollars into Afghanistan and the country is exactly where it was under Taliban rule. Had anything other than a modi library being built? Are the women free to move about and have same rights are men?
Unfortunately women are still confined to their homes. There is no hospital or school operating outside of Kabul. And boys are being sodmized openly by Afghan warlords that masquerade as their military and government leaders.

Ideally I would like to see a pacified Afghanistan i-e not antagonistic to PK. With no Indian or Irani influence. With that you open up trade route to Central Asia connecting them to Gwader which will bring prosperity to both Pakistan/Afghanistan. Once you have that going, nobody will want to rock the economic boat (rising tide lifts all boats).

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I strongly believe the only way to neutralize sectarian crisis and regional terrorism is to start with the removal of Iranian regime. I would gladly give bases even to Americans to finish them once and for all.

as for the Afghans, I rather trust an injured thirsty cobra over what they say.

anyone remembers car bomb in Sadar. Karachi?
It happened in front of this sweet shop.... I think it was Nimko ..

my uncle’s car showroom was walking distance from there.... my family was freaked out as we heard the explosion but back then there were no cell phones and only land lines.
They were ok but I remember the fear and anxiety ... since then I have hated Afghan government.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I strongly believe the only way to neutralize sectarian crisis and regional terrorism is to start with the removal of Iranian regime. I would gladly give bases even to Americans to finish them once and for all.

as for the Afghans, I rather trust an injured thirsty cobra over what they say.

anyone remembers car bomb in Sadar. Karachi?
It happened in front of this sweet shop.... I think it was Nimko ..

my uncle’s car showroom was walking distance from there.... my family was freaked out as we heard the explosion but back then there were no cell phones and only land lines.
They were ok but I remember the fear and anxiety ... since then I have hated Afghan government.
Gen Zia's time?

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I grew up in Pakistan during the 80s and 90s. I could start seeing the side affects of Zia ul Haq's enabling of right wing in Pakistan.
We saw Sipah-e-Sahabah emerge and actively target prominent Shias. We even had Irani Army aviation cadets targeted and killed in RWPin early 90s.
A lot of Shia doctors and lawyers fled Pakistan because of that. And I always felt bad about this.
However, post Musharraf especially during Zardari/PPP regime, it seems these shias under Irani control have obtained undue influence.
Looks and feels like US jews working for Israel. In that case Israeli/Us interest are same for most part. In this case they are detrimental to Pakistan.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Minor inconvenience making an group of 50-100 not difficult in Afghan society if u give them money and weapons but with no real importance .Are they bigger than mid 90's Hazbe Wahdat on which hand Taliban suffered one of their rarest setback in first stage???First time when they entered Mazar e Sharif usual afghan style blitzkrieg and advanced.But that day they find enemy who used diff technique who learnt from their masters .On back suddenly more fighters appear who were hiding in underground rooms with lots of ammo.Second time Taliban defeated them slow methodically sweeping areas for such attacks.Hazbe e eahdat defeated and many run to neighboring Iran.You cant blame the Iran they still trying to get more share by any means like india

Last edited:

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
This is intra Afghan negotiations process, not sure if the tour was planned or they got ''invited'' on short notice, but definitely not connected to operation 'ground zero'.

Abdullah Abdullah, is not trustable at all! CoAS has no logical reason to visit him, unless he cross ways at some international forum.
At this level, FM-SMQ should have lead the discussions together with ISPR rep. As well, to-date i failed to understand, why Bajwa even visited Iran, he could have sent ISI chief, together with FM-SMQ.

While all this fake Taliban negotiations nonsense is a trap for Pakistan.
Pakistan may keep it's connections, but shall refuse to facilitate any intra Afghan talks, at least not voluntarily.
Pakistan shall limit it self to transit control, that shall be used as a remote control it's own leverage to shape future Afghanistan, as a friendly state.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Falling in line...

In my words, I classify Abdullah Abdulla a high profile RAW asset. One can consider him as an equal partner of Ajit Devil in Afghanistan.

Seeing CoAS greeting him is a big disappointment. Unless he delivered him a chilling warning afterwards.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I grew up in Pakistan during the 80s and 90s. I could start seeing the side affects of Zia ul Haq's enabling of right wing in Pakistan.
We saw Sipah-e-Sahabah emerge and actively target prominent Shias. We even had Irani Army aviation cadets targeted and killed in RWPin early 90s.
A lot of Shia doctors and lawyers fled Pakistan because of that. And I always felt bad about this.
However, post Musharraf especially during Zardari/PPP regime, it seems these shias under Irani control have obtained undue influence.
Looks and feels like US jews working for Israel. In that case Israeli/Us interest are same for most part. In this case they are detrimental to Pakistan.

In my observation, Sipah Sahab emerged after death of Zia ul Haque.
It was mess of 90's, at that time RAW and IRGC were hosted well in Pakistan by PPP.
During Zia rule, Pakistan's medical colleges and Engineering universities, were full of Iranian students.