Pakistan’s agriculture and water resources management | World Defense

Pakistan’s agriculture and water resources management

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Here we can discuss Pakistan’s agricultural sector and water management issues such as dam construction etc.

I am least qualified and least informed person when it comes to above two issues but I can understand the urgency and emergency we find ourselves in dealing with these issues. We need to save up water and increase our fertile land . Dams are extremely important with weather patterns changing . This is the reason why I get emotional when Dealing with the water scarcity in Pakistan.

We have done several projects in Pakistan to provide water and I feel such great satisfaction watching people drink safe and clean water. I cannot post video links or I would show you guys some water projects we did.

Anyways I had a pleasure of meeting former CJ and as much I hate court system in Pakistan and also blame him for not improving anything I was impressed with his dedication to collecting money for the dam project.

Despite non stop gossip I have confirmation and connection from Punjab industries minister Directly that yes the money collection is ligit and safe .

So today is a great day with the announcement of dam construction starting
I am proud that somewhere in this dam will be my humble contribution for the country and generations to come when I am gone.

So I say Bismillah .....

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
This is a pretty impressive number. I hope people realize and start using this natural resource more often.
One of the largest solar panels manufacturer in Pakistan.

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
.... I feel very good about this project. With the total cost 440 billion Rs this dam is unique in the world where small portion is made possible by the begging duo.... former CJ and IK...approx 3 percent of the cost is covered by the common folks . I just hope and pray that they keep begging and make more such projects possible for our country. There is no shame in begging when it is for the betterment of our people.... don’t we all beg Allah for mercy and forgiveness .

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Two MEGA projects started by IK.

I have to write MEGA because like most idiots in America to whom MAGA is a slogan to die for everything in Pakistan has to start with Mega or its simply not worth their time .....

Mohmand dam and Bhasha dam will provide cheap and renewable electricity not to mention huge area for irrigation and water storage. These two dams will provide more water storage and water for irrigation than all projects undertaken together in the past 20 years.
Perhaps there was more commission and corruption possible in fossil fuel plants and the reason why Zardari and Nawaz went after those expensive and pollution generating projects .

Chinese and Pakistani workers celebrating the first day of work at Mohmand dam.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Two MEGA projects started by IK.

I have to write MEGA because like most idiots in America to whom MAGA is a slogan to die for everything in Pakistan has to start with Mega or its simply not worth their time .....

Mohmand dam and Bhasha dam will provide cheap and renewable electricity not to mention huge area for irrigation and water storage. These two dams will provide more water storage and water for irrigation than all projects undertaken together in the past 20 years.
Perhaps there was more commission and corruption possible in fossil fuel plants and the reason why Zardari and Nawaz went after those expensive and pollution generating projects .

Chinese and Pakistani workers celebrating the first day of work at Mohmand dam.

Which project was started /completed by Zardari?

Zeeman

Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Kachhi Canal and N-70 Highway Projects to Boost Pakistan's Balochistan

April 10, 2020
East-West infrastructure projects in Pakistan pose unique challenges. Sending hundreds of cusecs of water up more than a mile from the River Indus to Balochistan via Kachhi canal is one of these challenges. Another challenge is to improve and expand national east-west highways like N-70. These recently completed infrastructure projects linking South Punjab with Balochistan will boost agriculture and transportation sectors and bring economic benefits to Pakistanis living in the country's least developed areas.

Kachhi Canal Project:

Recently completed 400 kilometers in phase 1 of 500 kilometer long Kachhi Canal is now the longest irrigation canal in Pakistan. It stretches from the plains of South Punjab to the heights of eastern Balochistan where it will eventually irrigate over 700,000 acres of arid land, according to WAPDA (Water and Power Development Authority).

Kachhi Canal Pakistan
Part of Kachhi canal is made up of 56 inch diameter pipeline that will pump 120 cusecs (cubic feet per sec) of Indus water 7,000 feet above sea level across Sulaiman mountain range. This feat of engineering made possible by NESPAK (National Engineering Services of Pakistan), a consulting firm that I worked for 3 years in mid-1970s.

Kachhi Canal Project Phases

National Highway N-70:

National highway N-70 runs from Multan in Punjab to the town of Qilla Saifullah via Dera Ghazi Khan, and Loralai in Balochistan province. It requires traversing 11,500 feet high Sulaiman mountains, the southern extension of Hindu Kush mountain range. It has recently been completed.

N-70 Highway Pakistan
The condition of old British colonial era N-70 national highway was very poor. In particular, the hilly sections of the road suffered from frequent rock falls and debris and occasional land slides from the steep mountain side. It had narrow road width, coupled with hair-pin bends and relatively steep slope. Trucks pulling containers were forced to take alternative route via N-65 highway to Quetta. The solution was to use seven steel bridges that were 11.5 kilometers in length. The project was completed at a cost of $142 million with the assistance of JICA, Japan's international aid agency.

Steel Bridges At Fort Monroe on N70 Highway

Summary:

Recently completed infrastructure projects linking South Punjab with Balochistan will boost agriculture and transportation sectors and the economy in Pakistan's least developed areas. Kachhi canal will irrigate hundreds of thousands of acres of arid land while improvement and widening of N-70 east-west national highway will help movement of goods and people to integrate remote areas with the national economy.