Pakistan Army Aviation Possible acquisitions | Page 9 | World Defense

Pakistan Army Aviation Possible acquisitions

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Ok Bro so where do I send Mithai ...address pls.... Best in Canada guaranteed...

when can we expect to see or hear about this landing in official circles?
I think we're going to keep as mum as possible about this.
High ticket military purchases while we're in a serious crisis. Optics of it looks terrible.
I see no reason to publicize this. Those who need to know already know.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
High ticket military purchases while we're in a serious crisis. Optics of it looks terrible.
Well it is coming via CSF, so hopefully no issues?

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan

No one is paying anything in cash so no need to hide it. Secondly, if Americans were not so afraid of offending India, they should have a ceremony and talk about a new start and new friendship blah blah to underline our cooperation in Afghanistan....Sadly their political base and funds won't allow that to happen.

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Arizona boneyard.
12 Pakistan Zulus
EZVlzspWkAAc4YV.jpeg

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Well it is coming via CSF, so hopefully no issues?
No one is paying anything in cash so no need to hide it. Secondly, if Americans were not so afraid of offending India, they should have a ceremony and talk about a new start and new friendship blah blah to underline our cooperation in Afghanistan....Sadly their political base and funds won't allow that to happen.
Well, I'm only concerned about the domestic audience. Media in particular. Regardless of who is paying, it's ammunition for agitators.
The situation with India and Iran is not visible in the public spectrum.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I read on the net that Z10s performed poorly on high altitude. This is where ATAK fared much better and the reason why it was chosen. The engine power is basically the main reason. Chinese have modified a civilian engine of Canadian origin to power their attack heli. The engine of this power was never meant to lift a heavily armored helicopter with the weapons.

This helicopter is seriously underpowered.
"Pratt & Whitney Canada, a subsidiary of the military contractor United ... Act by providing the Chinese with 10 engines to power Z-10 helicopters"

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I read on the net that Z10s performed poorly on high altitude. This is where ATAK fared much better and the reason why it was chosen. The engine power is basically the main reason. Chinese have modified a civilian engine of Canadian origin to power their attack heli. The engine of this power was never meant to lift a heavily armored helicopter with the weapons.

This helicopter is seriously underpowered.
"Pratt & Whitney Canada, a subsidiary of the military contractor United ... Act by providing the Chinese with 10 engines to power Z-10 helicopters"
China’s Z-10ME Showcased with Increased Capabilities
November 13, 2018
1592071626600.png

1592071524600.png

The enhanced Z-10ME with anti-submarine and special forces capabilities was showcased at Airshow China in Zhuhai in October.
(Photo: Vladimir Karnozov)

Aviation Industry Corporation of China’s Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) subsidiary recently showcased new and improved features for the Z-10ME exportable attack helicopter at the Airshow China in Zhuhai, including capabilities to support anti-submarine and special forces operations.

The Z-10ME sported the Chinese character for "Osprey" on the tail rotor, although the standard Z-10 in service with the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is often referred to as the Thunderbolt.

Likely to target markets from the Middle East and Africa, the Z-10ME was represented in a sand and green camouflage livery and was refitted with sand/dust separation filters for its improved WZ-9 turboshaft engines, which are believed to provide 30 percent more power, at around 1,200 kW.
The engine exhausts are modified from the standard Z-10 sideward-facing exhausts to upward-facing exhausts, which decreases its infrared signature.

CAIC has also installed domestically produced radar warning receivers and infrared missile approach warning receivers on the wing edges and the fuselage, as well as applique armor plates attached to the cockpit exterior to enhance the survivability of the aircraft and crew.

Other visible modifications include the external ammunition belt for the chin-mounted cannon, while sources claimed that the caliber was changed from 23 mm to 20 mm to better meet commonality with international users and NATO ammunition standards.

Notable munitions and payloads included the CM-501XA loitering munition and the SW6 air-launched drone, as well as the ET60 324-mm lightweight torpedo.

While it lacked submarine-hunting capabilities, these new capabilities would ensure that the Z-10ME remains relevant when embarked on surface combatants, which is already validated for the PLA’s Z-10.

The Osprey also boosts underslung capabilities, steered towards special forces operations, and the Jialing Global "Wolf" 4x4 all-terrain vehicle (ATV) was displayed alongside it at the show with underslung netting and the TL-4 anti-tank missile.

It was reported that the Z-10ME has a lifting capability of some three tonnes, with the Wolf ATV weighing just 350 kg.

This will give the attack helicopter the ability to deploy reconnaissance forces, while also providing close air support for land forces.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
China’s Z-10ME Showcased with Increased Capabilities
November 13, 2018
View attachment 13691
View attachment 13690
The enhanced Z-10ME with anti-submarine and special forces capabilities was showcased at Airshow China in Zhuhai in October.
(Photo: Vladimir Karnozov)

Aviation Industry Corporation of China’s Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) subsidiary recently showcased new and improved features for the Z-10ME exportable attack helicopter at the Airshow China in Zhuhai, including capabilities to support anti-submarine and special forces operations.

The Z-10ME sported the Chinese character for "Osprey" on the tail rotor, although the standard Z-10 in service with the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is often referred to as the Thunderbolt.

Likely to target markets from the Middle East and Africa, the Z-10ME was represented in a sand and green camouflage livery and was refitted with sand/dust separation filters for its improved WZ-9 turboshaft engines, which are believed to provide 30 percent more power, at around 1,200 kW. The engine exhausts are modified from the standard Z-10 sideward-facing exhausts to upward-facing exhausts, which decreases its infrared signature.

CAIC has also installed domestically produced radar warning receivers and infrared missile approach warning receivers on the wing edges and the fuselage, as well as applique armor plates attached to the cockpit exterior to enhance the survivability of the aircraft and crew.

Other visible modifications include the external ammunition belt for the chin-mounted cannon, while sources claimed that the caliber was changed from 23 mm to 20 mm to better meet commonality with international users and NATO ammunition standards.

Notable munitions and payloads included the CM-501XA loitering munition and the SW6 air-launched drone, as well as the ET60 324-mm lightweight torpedo.

While it lacked submarine-hunting capabilities, these new capabilities would ensure that the Z-10ME remains relevant when embarked on surface combatants, which is already validated for the PLA’s Z-10.

The Osprey also boosts underslung capabilities, steered towards special forces operations, and the Jialing Global "Wolf" 4x4 all-terrain vehicle (ATV) was displayed alongside it at the show with underslung netting and the TL-4 anti-tank missile.

It was reported that the Z-10ME has a lifting capability of some three tonnes, with the Wolf ATV weighing just 350 kg.

This will give the attack helicopter the ability to deploy reconnaissance forces, while also providing close air support for land forces.
I believe PAA should opted more Zulus along used whiskys refurbish them at flat rate don't need T129 and wait unless Z10 matures if realy desperate add M35 along. Haris saying PA looking M-198 surplus artillery too and probably more p3c about 3???