Pakistan Army Aviation Possible acquisitions | Page 36 | World Defense

Pakistan Army Aviation Possible acquisitions

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Without going into details, Z10ME is a step ahead of T129.
As of now the engine issue has not been sorted out on the T129. When it gets sorted out, then we'll talk about it.
Pakistan also have eye one other heli programs too sach as ATAK 2, T 629 and then utility's heli T625 for future , so right now turkish are not totally out of table specially for future

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Pakistan also have eye one other heli programs too sach as ATAK 2, T 629 and then utility's heli T625 for future , so right now turkish are not totally out of table specially for future
No body offers kickbacks at the scale the turks do, so I do expect them to keep their foot in the door, in some form or the other.

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan
As of now the engine issue has not been sorted out on the T129. When it gets sorted out, then we'll talk about it.
There was a very important update regarding the T129 ATAK. DG ISPR, in his press conference yesterday, responded to a question by a journalist and stated that the engine issues between Turkey, US and Pakistan are almost resolved and things are moving forward with these helis. This is huge news in my opinion as this will do wonders for us to start an industrial base for manufacturing helis and, inshallah, a research/innovation center set up by Turkey at PAC I believe for further development. From what I read online, there may be a stop gap of the Z10 or Z10ME in the meantime.

I still want to know where Pakistan is getting all these funds from for these procurements. I can perhaps understand US reimbursement for the WOT for the US purchases (eg.C130, F16 etc) but what about the J's that are here/coming? Are the Chinese being generous, are we being funded by some friendlies from the Gulf.... @Khafee??

Please see my post above regarding the T129 engines that I posted a few weeks ago. DG ISPR in a press conference implied that engine issues are resolved

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Please see my post above regarding the T129 engines that I posted a few weeks ago. DG ISPR in a press conference implied that engine issues are resolved
According to you, issue has been resolved, so pls tell us when are they coming?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
pesa kon dega??? @Khafee kickbacks!!!
Anything Turkish, usually has large amount of Kickbacks.
I can't do anything about corruption...I have just come to accept it. It seems to be involved in everything Pak does...so I don't even bother to ask questions about it.
I've always had the viewpoint that Pak should stick with ONE new platform(for attack heli) going forward(while we already have AH1various versions). Pakistan as a country has limited economic capacity. To get two new platforms(T129 and Z10) and try and absorb their tech...and add domestic inputs...will be a wasteful spending of already limited resources(if we think long-term). It would spread thin the limited money available.

IMO Pak should pick one(whichever it ends up being...rn looks like Z10)...and try to make it kind of a JF17 like project of attack helis. Start with whatever ToT is being offered...and expand from there.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
It was bad deal to began with when you not sure about engine how would you fly Heli??
1600036816200.png

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan
According to you, issue has been resolved, so pls tell us when are they coming?
This is not according to me and I have never personally made such a claim. As above, I am posting and paraphrasing what the DG ISPR stated who should be as reliable a source as one can have. Please listen to the press conference video from 41 minutes on and one can draw their own conclusions.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
This is not according to me and I have never personally made such a claim. As above, I am posting and paraphrasing what the DG ISPR stated who should be as reliable a source as one can have. Please listen to the press conference video from 41 minutes on and one can draw their own conclusions.
Pls listen to it carefully, he gave a very ambiguous statement, that could go either way. You are reading, what you want to. Can you clearly quote where DG ISPR says "T-129 is coming" ?

Had the US given license for the engines, the turks would have been ecstatic all over the internet, and the Z10ME's would have been declined.

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Pls listen to it carefully, he gave a very ambiguous statement, that could go either way. You are reading, what you want to. Can you clearly quote where DG ISPR says "T-129 is coming" ?

Had the US given license for the engines, the turks would have been ecstatic all over the internet, and the Z10ME's would have been declined.
Fair enough, time will tell and lets hope for the best inshallah.

Also, arent the Z10ME and T129 two different weight classes (medium vs light) therefore it would be plausible to have both to cover light and medium and the zulus to cover the heavyweight? Does the new Z10ME have improved high altitude capability which was one of the issues when they first tested?

If what was originally rumored regarding the T129 deal regarding offsets, workshare and some ToT along with possibility of acquiring their other weight classes plus their transport copter(t625) then it would really be great but who knows unless the chinese are willing to give a similar deal with re: offsets etc with their copters but who knows!!

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Fair enough, time will tell and lets hope for the best inshallah.

Also, arent the Z10ME and T129 two different weight classes (medium vs light) therefore it would be plausible to have both to cover light and medium and the zulus to cover the heavyweight? Does the new Z10ME have improved high altitude capability which was one of the issues when they first tested?

If what was originally rumored regarding the T129 deal regarding offsets, workshare and some ToT along with possibility of acquiring their other weight classes plus their transport copter(t625) then it would really be great but who knows.
Z10ME is actually better in terms of specs, armament and now Hot and High performance.

The down side is that it is no where close, to the offsets that the T129 was bringing in.

Red Nucleus

Reactions
89 2 0
Country
Pakistan
Z10ME is actually better in terms of specs, armament and now Hot and High performance.

The down side is that it is no where close, to the offsets that the T129 was bringing in.
In that case I would wait for the Turks to develop their own engine and get the t129, t625 and ATAK 2 later and develop the industrial base in copter production etc through the offsets which would be a tremendous boost for our industry and whose knowledge can be used elsewhere. I believe the zulus will be the last major copter purchase from the US which would therefore potentially do the following: t129(light), z10ME(medium), ATAK 2/zulus(heavy, t625(transport, utility). That would really be something! Quwa actually mentioned something like this so have to give him credit.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
In that case I would wait for the Turks to develop their own engine and get the t129, t625 and ATAK 2 later and develop the industrial base in copter production etc through the offsets which would be a tremendous boost for our industry and whose knowledge can be used elsewhere. I believe the zulus will be the last major copter purchase from the US which would therefore potentially do the following: t129(light), z10ME(medium), ATAK 2/zulus(heavy, t625(transport, utility). That would really be something! Quwa actually mentioned something like this so have to give him credit.
I think in future the replacement, or same category as Zulu will be Chinese, in case PA wants to exceed that then they have the option of the AW249.

With Leonardo they have the whole spectrum of helos from light to super heavy, so some sort of long term MOU that has been in the works for ages, could actually materialize.

Atak2 is still has a lot of issues to sort out, and until it flies, cant really say.

As to Quwa, the less said the better, but you feel free to believe what ever you want.