Pakistan close to buying 39 T129 attack helicopters | Page 2 | World Defense

Pakistan close to buying 39 T129 attack helicopters

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
we (China) have multiple-potential deals with Pakistan as of now, which is somewhat surpassing Turkey's offers because we are offering Transfer of Technology to them so they can license build. I would not consider the US to be "upset" as more of a arms-pusher. The US lost their market in Pakistan a while ago, only doing mostly major 2nd hand deals.

Why Pakistan does not go for Z-10 since it comes with ToT?

Zhengzhou

Reactions
338 5 0
Country
China
Why Pakistan does not go for Z-10 since it comes with ToT?
not everything is TOT, I just meant a majority of it. Pakistan said Z-10 was good, but some said it was underpowered, though some sources claim Pakistan had a potential of increasing their Z-10 order to 20, I should make a thread explaining what we have offered Pakistan.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
not everything is TOT, I just meant a majority of it. Pakistan said Z-10 was good, but some said it was underpowered, though some sources claim Pakistan had a potential of increasing their Z-10 order to 20, I should make a thread explaining what we have offered Pakistan.
Please make a new thread, and specifically mention it's capabilities as well as it's ammo package.

And obviously, what was offered to Pakistan.

Thank You

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I believe for AH-1Z, it is because Pakistan has experience operating the older AH-1s. but for the Apaches no, and I do not think they will be able to acquire them because India will have 39 Apache-Guardian on order with a potential ordering 22

What being rumored around is that T-129 not only appeared superior in tests, specially high altitude flying.... but also for various strategic and trade reasons.
for example: we are selling Super Mushaq trainers to Turkey and this will lead other nations to follow.
We also hope to develop co-operation in defense sector research and production, in process of getting close.
Who knows, one day we end up selling jF-17 to Turkey.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Does pakistan operate Apaches? Why not going after them instead of ATAK?
No AH-64 in PAA inventory.

Its wise to have diverse suppliers for defence needs, although the LongBow radar/ MmW radar has its own plus points.