Pakistan to get F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 28 | World Defense

Pakistan to get F16 -Blk70/72

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
5,872 263
You need a hawkish political leadership, one with a lot more weight than any general or air marshal. So a PM who says, 'if you walk for peace, we'll run' isn't going to cause a shift in doctrine. For all his issues, you can credit ZAB for at least being a hawk, but he picked fights at the wrong time (Op Gibralter should've been during the Indo-Sino War, giy should've shut up about the 1970/71 election results, etc)
@Khafee an air chief must not and cannot determine how the nation needs ti act. It is not the job of air chief to make that call.

The problem with pakistani civilians is that they are illiterate in matters of war and power positioning. You will hardly see anyone capable to talk and take a stand.
This current lot, which is supposedly better then the last two - IF PAF were to ask for another 70 4th gen a/c's they would go nuts. Truly upsetting.

Mingle

Reactions
316 1
Country
Pakistan
This current lot, which is supposedly better then the last two - IF PAF were to ask for another 70 4th gen a/c's they would go nuts. Truly upsetting.
@Khafee any news U expect from China in term of hardware read Navy and Airforce has priority in current trip to China?

Mastankhan

Reactions
853 14
Country
Pakistan
This is the fundamental difference in Western training and Soviet training. The degree of independence a sector commander, or an officer holds.

At the end of the day, people need to ask, what do such rigid rules achieve?

Given the nature of your neighbour, one would think that the PAF would have a lot more common sense.

IMO, BEFORE a unit heads out it should make sure that CAS is in place, it might NOT need it, but its better to insure that should the need arise, the asset is in place. After all not everyone can afford a separate air wing.

PN desperately needs a "Strike Air Wing" and the way its procurements are progressing IA +/-3yrs it will have one.

Indian Air Force (IAF) Chief, Dhanoa is also a MiG-21 pilot and had flown the planes during the 1999 Kargil war while commanding the 17 Squadron, during the war.

Hi

Paf always claimed to follow the american doctrine in training and operations.

But the GLORY of the 65 war got to their head. It started with the air chief and rolled down.

Incidently incompetence also found its mark amongst the senior officers as well. Many a promotions went to boot lickers.

Why is israel successful even though there are many boot lickers there—-because there still are many with the likes of Gen Sharon who once they started going did not stop to any command.

You should read up on his history of the 73 war.

PewPew

Reactions
309 8
Country
Pakistan
Boomers will be a big news may be frigates?? J15 is better than SU if Russia allow us.
If there's another deal with China, I think it'll either be HQ-9/FD-2000 long-range SAMs and/or new fighters (J-10CE) for the PAF (I think the PN will deal with SSN/SSBN separately, i.e., on its own or through a design that no one can trace to China).

Mingle

Reactions
316 1
Country
Pakistan
If there's another deal with China, I think it'll either be HQ-9/FD-2000 long-range SAMs and/or new fighters (J-10CE) for the PAF (I think the PN will deal with SSN/SSBN separately, i.e., on its own or through a design that no one can trace to China).
HQ 9 long needed as Kaiser Tufail said should operate by PAF avoid the risk of friendly fire

PewPew

Reactions
309 8
Country
Pakistan
HQ 9 long needed as Kaiser Tufail said should operate by PAF avoid the risk of friendly fire
Just a hunch, but I think the PAF might look at one of Turkey's long-range SAMs, especially the joint project with MBDA because it'll likely get hit-to-kill capability (for countering BMs, supersonic threats, etc). The Army might prefer the FD-2000 as it'll work right into the IADS they set up with HQ-16s.

Mingle

Reactions
316 1
Country
Pakistan
Just a hunch, but I think the PAF might look at one of Turkey's long-range SAMs, especially the joint project with MBDA because it'll likely get hit-to-kill capability (for countering BMs, supersonic threats, etc). The Army might prefer the FD-2000 as it'll work right into the IADS they set up with HQ-16s.
Aster 30 from Italy would be nice too