Pakistans Locust Crisis | Page 12 | World Defense

Pakistans Locust Crisis

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Isn't loose tongue one of the most common characteristics of PTI?
Which is even tolerated on this forum also but replies in similar language are deleted?
You kidding right? Loose tongue is a common characteristic of every party. Name one that isn't?

No your replies will not be deleted IA, but do point out leaders you dont want to mud to slinged at.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
You kidding right? Loose tongue is a common characteristic of every party. Name one that isn't?

No your replies will not be deleted IA, but do point out leaders you dont want to mud to slinged at.
It's good to blackmail moderators once in a while.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Not on this forum i hink u dnt meet syed1(shame to his name ) on PDF,woh jahil insaan tu maan bhan ki galiyon par uttar aataa haiii logon ky profile par bhi jaa kar galiyaan. Luckily we got here as PTI supporter bhai @Zeeman jo na sirf hamari tanqeed bardasht karty hain if u come with logic and reasoning he love to answer in decent polite way bus unki mohabbat main hum bhi hath zara halka hi rakhty hain
Isn't loose tongue one of the most common characteristics of PTI?

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
Not on this forum i hink u dnt meet syed1(shame to his name ) on PDF,woh jahil insaan tu maan bhan ki galiyon par uttar aataa haiii logon ky profile par bhi jaa kar galiyaan. Luckily we got here as PTI supporter bhai @Zeeman jo na sirf hamari tanqeed bardasht karty hain if u come with logic and reasoning he love to answer in decent polite way bus unki mohabbat main hum bhi hath zara halka hi rakhty hain

Zulu bhai I have learned to face criticism and love to be told how wrong I am so I am used to it......

After all I am married and I am told of my uselessness 2000 times a day...

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yeah to woh baat hogiae, kay ghar main ghus kay gali daena |0| |0| |0|

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Zulu bhai I have learned to face criticism and love to be told how wrong I am so I am used to it......

After all I am married and I am told of my uselessness 2000 times a day...
Dil say awaz aiaee
:xD: :xD: :xD:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
PTI MNA’s novel advice to stamp out novel coronavirus
By Rizwan Shehzad
Published: June 24, 2020
1593041238000.png

Locust consumption could provide immunity against Covid-19, says Riaz Fatyana citing common belief . PHOTO COURTESY: TWITTER/@FatyanaRiaz

ISLAMABAD: PTI’s lawmakers continue to be in the headlines – for their faux pas or bizarre statements. Last week, Climate Change Minister Zartaj Gul gave a hilariously weird explanation of Covid-19’s anatomy, sparking a storm of memes on social media.

Just as netizens were recovering from hysterics, Zartaj’s party colleague provided further comic relief to the nation reeling from the ravages of the deadly pandemic.

Speaking on the floor of the National Assembly, MNA Riaz Fatyana advised the government to order scientific research on a “common belief that consuming locusts provides the best defence against the novel coronavirus”.
“If the research substantiates the belief, then the nation will itself deal with the coronavirus pandemic and the locust infestation at the same time,” he said as lawmakers on both sides of the aisle looked in utter disbelief.

Fatyana also called on the government to waive taxes on all food items to make it affordable for people to consume all those things that would boost their immune system to fight off the infection.

The lawmaker’s nuggets of wisdom came at a time when the nationwide tally of Covid-19 infections is nearing 200,000 with 3,792 fatalities while locust swarms are threatening food security in the country.

Fatyana’s bizarre advice is likely to provide further ammo to the opposition which has of late taken two PTI officials, Dr Yasmin Rashid and Andleeb Abbas, to task for calling the nation ‘Jahil’ (ignorant) for flouting health SOPs during the pandemic.

Zartaj Gul redefines Covid-19 and the internet is breaking

This is not the first time MNA Fatyana has shared his novel advice on a matter of national importance. Earlier, when the prices of sugar and wheat flour sharply spiked amid an acute crisis, he advised people to reduce consumption of bread and sugar as both were not good for health.

Apart from the raging pandemic, swarms of locusts are devouring crops across Pakistan. By June 15, the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) had sprayed insecticides on 623,000 hectares of farmlands across the country to exterminate the hoppers.

While sharing details of the operations, the NDMA spokesperson has said that locusts have infested 40 districts of the country: 29 in Balochistan; eight in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa; and three in Sindh.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
New locust swarms from India, Afghanistan could enter Pakistan in July: food security minister

294967_1200673_updates.jpg
The risk from locusts attacks in the coming days is high with more locusts entering Pakistan from India, Afghanistan, Africa, Iran, and Oman. — AFP/File
Minister for National Food Security Syed Fakhar Imam on Friday said that July will bring with it a new threat of locust swarms, with more of the pests entering Pakistan from Africa, Iran, Oman, Afghanistan and India.

He said locusts have now taken a new route to enter Dera Ismail Khan and Waziristan through Afghanistan.
Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, the minister said that National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has ordered 11 planes to carry out anti-locust spraying, whereas five helicopters of Pakistan Army are also being used in this regard.
"The locust attacks have affected various parts of the country and an anti-locust attack survey should be conducted to tackle the problem," he added.
Also read: Army chief assures military's assistance in combating locusts
Hailing the joint efforts of institutions in eradicating the national conundrum, the minister said that it is because of National Logistics Cell (NLC) that collective efforts are being made to come to grips with the problem that has taken the nation by storm.
He said that the ministry is also recruiting 100 entomologists in order to find effective and practical solutions to the locust problem.
Imam said that China has played an integral role in assisting Pakistan to combat the locust attacks, and that the ministry is also in touch with other international organisations.
"[In this regard] the UK and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) has provided 20 micron sprays to combat locusts," the minister said.
The country is currently trying to ward off the worst locust attack that it has seen for the past three decades, reported foreign media.
In Pakistan, the desert locusts have reportedly entered from Iran, and have already devoured considerable quantities of crops in over 60 districts in all provinces, including Balochistan in the southwest.
Pakistan is intensifying efforts to combat the plague with pest control systems which include aerial spraying.