Racism in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
All of eastern Europe seems to have that problem. What is ironic is that some of the cultures that are racist were once treated as inferior due to racism in their history. Russia is a good example. The Nazis thought Russians (Soviets) were inferior and despised them and had no problem killing them. You would think that Russians would remember this and try and treat others right. But some don't feel that way which is very strange. Not all of the Russian people are like that I'm sure. But the ones that are clearly don't know their own history. It would be like African Americans making white people slaves. That would be worse double standard ever.

Germany before the 1930s was one of the most liberal countries in the world. Blacks where treated far better in Berlin then in USA. Germany had a large influence on music like jazz.

The Nazi rise to power had a great deal to do with the poor German economy caused by the Great Depression. Racism is directly related to the economy.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Pretty much, I saw a documentary on that that in the 1920's Hitler didn't got many votes, but the great depression lead people to disbelief and they went for an extremist solution. If we notice closely the same is happening now in many countries in the world.

Sure tournique, check it out, lol...

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Are you trying to give me winxp manager?
Anyway, economy situations always push people to take drastic measures.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
I would love to travel to Russia. However, everyone I have spoken with says it is not safe for black Americans. Racist attacks happen with a relatively regular basis. Even the state department says that it could be dangerous. I wonder what Russia is doing about this if anything? I also wonder if some of these reports are overblown. Has anyone been to Russia and can comment on the tensions there? I definitely would not go now. There is too much going on.
I disagree with that. I have friends from Russia, and there fine with blacks, now I'm not sure about gays. It can't get much worst then the racism here in the US. The Russian women absolutely love Black men, and the hip-hop culture is really bridging the gap between Nations across the world. You will be surprised once you travel around the globe.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Wow that is very sad i never perceived Russia to be that racist particularly in this modern age where the world is getting more and more color blind everyday.
one story doesn't count for everyone in that Country. What part of Russia was it? I would ask the travel agent to make plans to visit a big city out there. You chances of having a good experience would probably be better in the city where american culture is accepted more so than the country parts.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Racism exists everywhere. Since this thread is not world affairs related hence its closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.