Royal Saudi Armed Forces

Zhengzhou

Reaction score
Country
China
@Scorpion when the Saudi official met with our Vice Premier, I know about the Major UAV deal we signed on, but was there any mention of the RSAF planning to acquire the J-31 or any air defenses? I did hear the RSAF had interest in the FC-31 from other Saudi's in other forums, but nothing official or concrete, and some even claimed the Royal Ground Forces, have interest or potential interest in acquiring some VT-4s?

Scorpion

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Scorpion when the Saudi official met with our Vice Premier, I know about the Major UAV deal we signed on, but was there any mention of the RSAF planning to acquire the J-31 or any air defenses? I did hear the RSAF had interest in the FC-31 from other Saudi's in other forums, but nothing official or concrete, and some even claimed the Royal Ground Forces, have interest or potential interest in acquiring some VT-4s?
Aside from the UAV, the talks did include expanding the missile arsenal of the Saudi Missile Force. Then the economic side dominated the meeting where direct currency exchange was agreed upon, expanding Saudi strategic oil storages on china soil, singed long term oil supply deal at a fixed price. Arms deals usually remain classified and we don't have any kind of access other than what's already published.

Zhengzhou

Reaction score
Country
China
Aside from the UAV, the talks did include expanding the missile arsenal of the Saudi Missile Force. Then the economic side dominated the meeting where direct currency exchange was agreed upon, expanding Saudi strategic oil storages on china soil, singed long term oil supply deal at a fixed price. Arms deals usually remain classified and we don't have any kind of access other than what's already published.
I would love to see us make an export of the FK-3 MRSAM or HQ-9 LRSAM to KSA. But on pk defence, a member there said the KSA did put $2 billion into it's development but here no news of that

Scorpion

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
I would love to see us make an export of the FK-3 MRSAM or HQ-9 LRSAM to KSA. But on pk defence, a member there said the KSA did put $2 billion into it's development but here no news of that
I can not really comment on that as I have not heard anything of that such but its likely since China was the sole creator of the Saudi missile force from scratch. It did build the facilities, provide the systems, operated them for years, train our boys..etc. I really don't doubt it.:)

Zaslon

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
@Scorpion, I heard rumours that the Saudi Navy may be acquiring Gowind-2500s after the Avante 2200. is it true, or is still under consideration?

Scorpion

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Scorpion, I heard rumours that the Saudi Navy may be acquiring Gowind-2500s after the Avante 2200. is it true, or is still under consideration?
Yes the deal is for 5 in which 2 will be built in Saudi Arabia. The negotiation is still ongoing as Saudi Arabia demands tot but I can tell the deal is most likely to go through as I recently visited navy exhibition here in Saudi Arabia and I saw a model presented by one of the local builder.