Russia in the eye of the storm. | World Defense

Russia in the eye of the storm.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
By committing to support Assad militarily, Russia has just plunged itself into the limelight of attention from jihadi groups. And there are precedents in Beirut where over 200 American marines were killed. I believe that something is in the offing and Russia should tread carefully in Syria. Already, they have a bleeding nose when a Russian plane was shot over the Sinai Peninsula. Homegrown jihadi groups in the Caucasus make the situation of real and present danger close to their heartbeat.

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
By committing to support Assad militarily, Russia has just plunged itself into the limelight of attention from jihadi groups. And there are precedents in Beirut where over 200 American marines were killed. I believe that something is in the offing and Russia should tread carefully in Syria. Already, they have a bleeding nose when a Russian plane was shot over the Sinai Peninsula. Homegrown jihadi groups in the Caucasus make the situation of real and present danger close to their heartbeat.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Russia knows quite well the consequences it may have to face. However, there are other considerations involved in this conflict. Russia needs it's share of allies also. Syria as been one of its closest allies, therefore, Russia's intervention seeks to keep the Assad regime in power and hope to eventually drive out the rebels. If this is achieved then Russia would retain a very valuable ally, therefore, this may be the reason why it is prepared to take-on the jihadists

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
They usually never do anything careless and I think that this help to Assad military ant its consequences is something that Putin is well aware and maybe even counting on it. They won't help everybody of course and I am only scared of the fact that they are collecting allies by this so called help. I don't know what is cooking but I can guess it's nothing good.

TungstenCube

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Putin is a very shrewd man and ultimately, undoubtedly has a master plan for how this impacts Russia's side of the chess board. The one thing that Russia will have to contend with, as mentioned above, is the home grown terror coming out of Chechnya. Perhaps news reports will tell of an increase in patrols in that area in order to keep the peace.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
Russia is all to well aware of the risks it faces by getting involved, but it won't stop them.

They've actually gone up in a lot of people estimations because while other countries like the US and the UK have stood back and decided to tread carefully, Russia have steamed in and said what's happening isn't acceptable and done something about it.