Saudi Arabia

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The 34 countries are:

the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan , the United Arab Emirates , the Islamic Republic of Pakistan , the Kingdom of Bahrain , People's Republic of Bangladesh , Republic of Benin , the Republic of Turkey , the Republic of Chad , the Republic of Togo , Tunisia , the Republic of Djibouti , the Republic of Senegal, Republic of Sudan , the Republic of Sierra Leone , the Republic of Somalia , the Republic of Gabon , the Republic of Guinea , the State of Palestine , the Islamic Federal Republic of Comoros , State of Qatar , Cote d'Ivoire , Kuwait , Lebanon , the State of Libya , Republic of Maldives , the Republic of Mali , the Kingdom of the Federation of Malaysia , the Republic of Egypt and the Arab , the Kingdom of Morocco , the Islamic Republic of Mauritania , the Republic of Niger , the Federal Republic of Nigeria , the Republic of Yemen .
There are also more than a dozen other Islamic countries expressed their support for this alliance and will take the necessary measures in this regard , including the Republic of Indonesia .

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Sorry bro but I'm not optimistic. This is pretty much alliance against Sunni Islamists. The very first victims will be Sunni Islamists in Syria and Palestine. I've gone over this before I'm tired of repeating myself.

But I will give them benefit of doubt. Can you give any details on the coalition? Did they mention anything about it yet?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
That is a commendable move of Saudi Arabia for organizing an alliance of 34 countries to fight terrorism. Now the question is this - is that alliance to fight ISIS? And as what @Flacon29 had said, that move might be religious in nature as to target Sunni but I believe the target is the Shiite. But in fairness to this news item, it is worth waiting for and let us see if it materializes with proper action.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Sorry bro but I'm not optimistic. This is pretty much alliance against Sunni Islamists. The very first victims will be Sunni Islamists in Syria and Palestine. I've gone over this before I'm tired of repeating myself.

But I will give them benefit of doubt. Can you give any details on the coalition? Did they mention anything about it yet?

You can't judge as of now until things become clear.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA

Why are you not optimistic? Its a good step in the right direction. The collation will be directed at groups designed as terrorists agreed upon by all Islamic countries who are part of the collation. The Saudi deputy crown prince identified some groups such as Taliban in Pakistan, ISIS in Syria and Iraq, Mail, Nigeria, Uganda, Libya, Sinai...etc. We are sick and tired of disunity in the Arab and Islamic world. We need no more bloodshed, no fighting for power outside the legitimate authorities. We are sick of western intervention in the Arab and Islamic world. These interventions only fuel conflicts by arming both sides.Time to say enough and stand for ourselves. This effort will not only use military, but will also fight ideology.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Why are you not optimistic? Its a good step in the right direction. The collation will be directed at groups designed as terrorists agreed upon by all Islamic countries who are part of the collation. The Saudi deputy crown prince identified some groups such as Taliban in Pakistan, ISIS in Syria and Iraq, Mail, Nigeria, Uganda, Libya, Sinai...etc. We are sick and tired of disunity in the Arab and Islamic world. We need no more bloodshed, no fighting for power outside the legitimate authorities. We are sick of western intervention in the Arab and Islamic world. These interventions only fuel conflicts by arming both sides.Time to say enough and stand for ourselves. This effort will not only use military, but will also fight ideology.

How do I know it will only be directed at TTP/ISIS? I am very sure this will be widened against Hamas, Nusra Front, Jaysh Fath, and Muslim Brotherhood. It will empower Iran even further. What are we gonna do about Assad regime? Or what's happening in Yemen or Iraq or Palestine? I don't believe this will solve anything and I doubt anything will come out of it.

Nevertheless I will wait and see the initial directive.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
How do I know it will only be directed at TTP/ISIS? I am very sure this will be widened against Hamas, Nusra Front, Jaysh Fath, and Muslim Brotherhood. It will empower Iran even further. What are we gonna do about Assad regime? Or what's happening in Yemen or Iraq or Palestine? I don't believe this will solve anything and I doubt anything will come out of it.

Nevertheless I will wait and see the initial directive.

Because the Saudi Crown Prince said so in a press conference while ago. It has nothing to do with Hamas or the Muslim brotherhood for that matter. Its merely against groups like ISIS, Al-shabab, Boko Haram, Taliban...etc. Only groups that are official designed as terrorist organizations by all members of the collation. Its Will be against both Sunni and Shia terror groups as officially stated by Saudi Arabia. Yes you should wait.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Looks like a message to Iran(it should be).

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
After looking at the countries that are part of the alliance I couldn't help but notice that many of them have had problems battling terrorists. It does make sense therefore that they should unite with others in order to seize victory. Question though is which terrorist groups will have to be dealt with first? ISIS maybe?

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
After looking at the countries that are part of the alliance I couldn't help but notice that many of them have had problems battling terrorists. It does make sense therefore that they should unite with others in order to seize victory. Question though is which terrorist groups will have to be dealt with first? ISIS maybe?

I think Assad and ISIS first, Turkey will take care of the Shia militias in Iraq, Egypt and Morocco will deal with Libya and Mali, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Pakistan will deal with Taliban.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder though what contribution Somalia will make to the Alliance. Do they even have an army?

There's also another complication. How will the alliance unite Somalis who've been fighting each other for decades? Long before Al Shabaab burst onto the scene Somalia had been ravaged by civil war. Defeating Al Shabaab wouldn't change much? While the intentions of the Alliance are noble some of their goals might prove to be somewhat hard to achieve.

Last edited:

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Interesting.“¡¡“

Many things needs to be clarified, so then we can judge this coalition.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- This kind of alliance formation always led to wars and never to peace. I know the old saying that without war we cannot have peace but as someone said before me, I am not an optimist about this one. 34 countries is a large number of military units even though they are not the best ones out there.

- And I always get back to the same old question that I always draw. If we take for granted that ISIS is the US creation by all means and that they probably have their own fake terrorists inside the ISIS units. If we consider that it is possible that people are easily manipulated by religion or deities, and they are since the beginning of the world. From matriarchat to paganism and monoteism that is now active, we can conclude that the idea of US as a big puppeteer is not so crazy at all. So it would mean that those countries are fighting against the US who is probably to fund them too which means that US is acting like they play a game on Playstation where they always win. And when i say US i mean multinational companies and world bank. So this forum or any other discussion is not very fertile.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
The only "potent" armies in that coalition are ;

-Turkey
-KSA
-UAE
-Pakistan

The rest................