Small Islamic summit, not a summit without the Islamic leader. | World Defense

Small Islamic summit, not a summit without the Islamic leader.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Five nations to seek solutions to Muslim issues at KL Summit 2019

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia is being practical with its efforts to address and resolve issues concerning the ummah via the Kuala Lumpur Summit 2019 next month.
This will be done through the involvement of only five countries, including Malaysia, to speak, debate and find resolutions to the problems faced by the Muslim world at the summit, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today.
“The other four participating countries are Qatar, Turkey, Pakistan and Indonesia.
“We are keeping (the participating Muslim countries) small so that it is manageable.
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

“If it is too big, things will be unmanageable and be at odds with each other, preventing us from formulating solutions (to address issues plaguing the ummah).

“Perhaps in the future, we hope more Muslim countries will join us (in the summit),” he said at the soft launch of the event today.
He confirmed the attendance of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim Hamad Al-Thani; Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan; and Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan to the KL Summit 2019.
Dr Mahathir said while Muslims in the past had contributed so much to Islamic civilisation, the ummah now were in a worrying state.
“We have to know why Islam is being described as a religion of terrorism and why is there Islamophobia. There must be reasons behind this.
“We can only know the reason by getting scholars, leaders and thinkers to give their viewpoints and hopefully, by being able to identify the problems, there will be proposals to overcome them.
“Perhaps we can take the first step to help Muslims to recover their past glory,” he added.
Dr Mahathir, who is also the chairman of the summit, said emphasis would be placed on seven major themes; development and sovereignty; integrity and good governance; culture and identity; justice and freedom; peace, security and defence, trade and investment and technology and Internet governance.
The summit will be held from Dec 18 to 21 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre.
With the theme “The Role of Development In Achieving National Sovereignty”, the summit will see the participation of 450 Muslim leaders, thinkers, intellectuals and scholars to discuss and provide their input on issues affecting the Muslim world.
It aims to revive Islamic civilisation, deliberate and find new and workable solutions for problems afflicting the Muslim world.
The summit also aims to contribute to the improvement of the state of affairs among Muslims and Muslim nations as well as to form a network between Islamic leaders, intellectuals, scholars and thinkers around the world.
On the issue of Palestine, Dr Mahathir said there must be focus to resolve the Palestinians’ plight which had plagued them for more than 70 years.
Focus, said the prime minister, must be coupled with strategy and planning.
Later, Dr Mahathir presented certificates of appointment to six media organisations, including foreign media.
The media partners of the KL Summit 2019 include Media Prima Bhd, AlJazeera and Astro.

This reminds me with all due respect to all parties involved of Masjid al-Dirar. An Islamic summit without Saudi Arabia is nothing but a summit. There is nothing Islamic about it. Saudi Arabia is the country where Islam originated from, the place where the message was spread from, the place where my ancestors shed blood and tears to deliver the message, a place where the Quarn was revealed, a place where the Qibla is located. An Islamic summit without Saudi Arabia is not Islamic.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan should have not agreed to attend the summit.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

This reminds me with all due respect to all parties involved of Masjid al-Dirar. An Islamic summit without Saudi Arabia is nothing but a summit. There is nothing Islamic about it. Saudi Arabia is the country where Islam originated from, the place where the message was spread from, the place where my ancestors shed blood and tears to deliver the message, a place where the Quarn was revealed, a place where the Qibla is located. An Islamic summit without Saudi Arabia is not Islamic.

Why so emotional? They're trying new things which there is no harm in. They do not need consult any Arab nations for this. Arab nations are busy dealing with many conflicts at home. And what makes you think they may not have discussed this with Arab nations? And whether there are Saudi scholars going to the event that you may not be aware of? Also, part of the summit is dealing with agricultural and development issues, not just plights of the Muslim world.

And maybe they have their own vision on tackling Islamophobia and tackling political issues in Muslim world. They are free to exercise their rights to have these discussions and allow Muslim think tanks to assist them in formulating plans. So this is a win-win situation for all Muslims regardless of which way you look at it. The leaders need to address issues we are facing and they need to understand their people like God and Islam and want it to be implemented the right way. Our Arab leaders are sadly not listening us which is why we have so much internal strife going on. And I'd imagine that one reason why Malaysia wants to spearhead this summit without those leaders, you can't blame them.

So regarding my opinion on these summits, usually I see them as ineffective because framework is laid out but then nothing happens to follow it up. Because that framework is often created by us being dishonest with ourselves and insincere. With this summit, it looks to me like the framework is more realistic and I think it's important to recognize that PM Mahatir sees this as a first step and has made sound observations on other matters within Muslim world. Nevertheless, it is difficult to follow up with real action, such as creating new media outlets, raising educational awareness, developing solutions to social issues we face and implementing them on the ground and so on, but it is worth a try so let's see what comes out of it.

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Pakistan should have not agreed to attend the summit.

You're wrong on this my friend, we are not to tell them what they can or cannot do. This summit is related to other matters as well such as investment and food security in their region so it makes sense for them.

Anyhow, if your belief in God is strong, you should not worry. If it isn't sincere and done for sake of Islam/God then not much will come out of it like the OIC and we just come back to point zero. If it is sincere then may God bless their efforts and help them improve situation of Muslims.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Some things I think we need:

1.) Media outlets covering Muslim-non-Muslim interfaith and how Muslims could adapt to modern globalized environment without sacrificing anything of their faith. Some Muslims need to learn how to be more sensitive to other cultures not just in sense of avoiding being rude but also in being able to bridge gaps and educate people on Islam in a way they will understand. Each culture take things in differently and Muslims need to be aware of that. Also such media outlets should host Muslim and non-Muslim think tanks. For Muslim think tanks, they can discuss the plights and social issues we face and best ways of tackling them. Non-muslim guests could educate Muslims in this regard too. We can use deep thinking religious scholars too, not the type who tries to invoke emotions of other Muslims by screaming for dramatic effect. No, rather types who help Muslims improve their character and promote brotherlyhood among one another.

2.) Putting better religious scholars into positions of influence and give them some flexibility/independence. Also make sure they are deep thinking types and not just the screamo guys who act that way to secure their support which we are to blame for partially as well because we prefer such scholars. There is no need for every scholar to wear a thobe or cover his head either. Why do we have what seems to be a single character for scholars, always thobe guy who say nice words and sometimes invoke emotions but in reality inspires no one but nevertheless gets love and praise from half of Muslim community? Then other half realizes this is pointless and stops attending mosque or mingling with local community. Why are there no scholars with jeans and t shirt? What's wrong with that? Why all of them have to have a beard? Yes it sunnah but there are more important qualifications to come before that.

But today the thobe, beard, nice words, insincerity, and sometimes screaming or putting emotional nasheed in background is the standard and comes before everything else? The religious scholars we have are either that way or they are knowledgable and smart but hypocritical either from fear of governments or just for personal preferences. The ones that get popular at least.

If you want to be scholar then due it for sake of learning Islam and teaching others. But, do not be the activist by default or person we look up to it for advice on direction we should take. Being a scholar doesn't make you fit for that by default. We need good Muslims with exceptional character to be those activists and not scholars(in general, of course there can be exceptions). And ideally these should be in our leadership as well.

But, sadly, you allow Muslims to choose their preferred guys and they end up choosing mediocre guys and guys with bad character/weak sense of ethics/morals. So we end up in such a endless cycle because we keep overlooking good guys.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Scholars are teachers and not activists or problem solvers. That should be for the leadership, but sadly much of our leadership are disconnected from God. So many Muslims look up to scholars. However like I said they still need to be teachers and not fall into trap of being activists. Let the common Muslims take upon that role.

So if Muslims ask scholars, sir scholar why is our situation today like this? He should say: "Well based on the Quran and Ahadeeth, Allah leads astray those who neglected prayer, made haram halal, allowed the pleasures of this world to consume them, stopped ruling by God's law, stopped wishing good for one another, etc.... Then God will not support them or bless their efforts or grant them victory. So I have given you the knowledge you need, and the burden is upon you guys to change yourselves."

Muslims: "Sounds good"

Next week: Sir scholar why is our Ummah in bad shape

Typical scholar these days: Gives a new opinion, can't make up his mind, or afraid to criticize Muslims.

What scholar should say: "I already gave you the answer last week, so until you change, then Allah will not change your situation for the better. Even if you ask this 10 more times. And if you come back and claim to have changed but reality on ground doesn't change, then you have lied to yourselves and continue with your bad habits and norms."

^^

End of discussion. Don't change the answer each time and don't be afraid to give them the truth.

Adeelmian

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Pakistan

With all due respect sir, do we even need to discuss how "ARABIA" became "Saudi Arab" . furthermore judging from the recent events regarding islamophobic behaviours around the world and Saudi responces over them (which were nowhere to be seen or heard) i think house of saud made it pretty clear that they want nothing todo with islamic world problems, they will just sit there and enjoy the benifits of islamic tourism milking the islamic citizens who want to visit Makkah and Madina for relegious pilgrimage.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
With all due respect sir, do we even need to discuss how "ARABIA" became "Saudi Arab"

And what does this have got to do with you in anyway? Whether Arabia or Saudi Arabia it does not matter and has got nothing to do with discussion whatsoever.

furthermore judging from the recent events regarding islamophobic behaviours around the world and Saudi responces over them (which were nowhere to be seen or heard) i think house of saud made it pretty clear that they want nothing todo with islamic world problems, they will just sit there and enjoy the benifits of islamic tourism milking the islamic citizens who want to visit Makkah and Madina for relegious pilgrimage.

How exactly would you want Saudi Arabia to counter Islamophobia? Through violence? two wrong does not make a right. There are some channels we follow. Islamophobia needs to be tackled via dialogue with the international community. There is nothing called Islamic tourism my dear friend. Rather an obligatory religious rituals. Saudi Arabia puts into the Markkah and Medina more than what it gets. How much money do they think expansion and maintenance of Makkah and Medina cost? Not to mention most hotels you see around the two cities are Waqf . Meaning what comes from it go back to it. Plus there is no visa fee for pilgrims and visitors to Makkah and Medina. We take nothing and we do not need to. Aramco itself alone makes $1500 per second. One of the first conditions to make Hajj is to be financially able to. I don't not if you are expecting a free round-trip ticket, a free hotel room, free transportation and free food which we do for selected few.

@Falcon29 This is really not bothering me at all. I just find it funny to call for a mini Islamic summit without inviting the leader of the Islamic world. Turkey maintain a great relationships with Israel and a NATO member that's in itself tells how Islamic Turkey is. I guess what @Adeelmian should be worrying about is the number of ISIS members pouring into Iraq and Syria via Turkey that does nothing but destroy Islamic image in the real world. I guess @Falcon29 the one that should be sincere for sake of Islam/God are the ones that are making this mini summit.

Adeelmian

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Pakistan
And what does this have got to do with you in anyway? Whether Arabia or Saudi Arabia it does not matter and has got nothing to do with discussion whatsoever.

How exactly would you want Saudi Arabia to counter Islamophobia? Through violence? two wrong does not make a right. There are some channels we follow. Islamophobia needs to be tackled via dialogue with the international community. There is nothing called Islamic tourism my dear friend. Rather an obligatory religious rituals. Saudi Arabia puts into the Markkah and Medina more than what it gets. How much money do they think expansion and maintenance of Makkah and Medina cost? Not to mention most hotels you see around the two cities are Waqf . Meaning what comes from it go back to it. Plus there is no visa fee for pilgrims and visitors to Makkah and Medina. We take nothing and we do not need to. Aramco itself alone makes $1500 per second. One of the first conditions to make Hajj is to be financially able to. I don't not if you are expecting a free round-trip ticket, a free hotel room, free transportation and free food which we do for selected few.

@Falcon29 This is really not bothering me at all. I just find it funny to call for a mini Islamic summit without inviting the leader of the Islamic world. Turkey maintain a great relationships with Israel and a NATO member that's in itself tells how Islamic Turkey is. I guess what @Adeelmian should be worrying about is the number of ISIS members pouring into Iraq and Syria via Turkey that does nothing but destroy Islamic image in the real world. I guess @Falcon29 the one that should be sincere for sake of Islam/God are the ones that are making this mini summit.
With All Due respect my brother as for the other countries i do tried to find a list but cant only have 2 reffrences as for pakistani citizens the visa fees is reduced this year 300 SAR which was more than that earlier, as for UK it stands at 250 pounds and 1 cheaper option is if you are living in one of the 49 countries that ar eligible for tourist visa than you can get a single entry visa for fee of 94 pounds(this fee is for visa not the agent fee)
Umrah Visa Price for 2019-2020 and Current Rules | MuslimTravelGirl you can find the reffrence on this website.
But in the end i always wonder bieng a muslim why should i require some king's permission(visa) if i wish to perform umra and hajj ????????
i should only be require to present some proof strongly establishing that i am muslim and that should be enough.
and now for the part where you ask what should KSA do well the least they could have done is strong condemnation of these events and show that they are deeply concerned, rather than staying quite in thier comfort zone.
as for your responce " two wrongs does not makes right" & "should we respond to voilence with voilence" i absolutely agree with precedent and strongly wish that KSA regime would have followed this doctrine when dealing with Yamen and Qatar.
isnt it obvious that thier doctrine is completly different against the weeker nations and the stronger ones.

as for the reffrence for the topic at hand you keep calling them leader of the islamic world, my dear brother the point bieng made is if you conquer islamic lands by unfair means and by conspiring with sworn enimies of muslims and furthermore keep securing your throne using same unfair means and same alies you cannot be called a leader of muslim world. keeping your point of view do you not think they should have also invited netanyahu cuz he also rules over 2nd most important muslim landmark ????????

Last edited:

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
With All Due respect my brother as for the other countries i do tried to find a list but cant only have 2 reffrences as for pakistani citizens the visa fees is reduced this year 300 SAR which was more than that earlier, as for UK it stands at 250 pounds and 1 cheaper option is if you are living in one of the 49 countries that ar eligible for tourist visa than you can get a single entry visa for fee of 94 pounds(this fee is for visa not the agent fee)
Umrah Visa Price for 2019-2020 and Current Rules | MuslimTravelGirl you can find the reffrence on this website.
But in the end i always wonder bieng a muslim why should i require some king's permission(visa) if i wish to perform umra and hajj ????????
i should only be require to present some proof strongly establishing that i am muslim and that should be enough.

Hajj and Umrah Visa are compelety free. Information can be found in Ministry of Hajj website

Hajj visas are free and are issued from Mid-Shawwal until 25th Dhual-Qa'dah of each year.

The Umrah and Hajj visas are free

and now for the part where you ask what should KSA do well the least they could have done is strong condemnation of these events and show that they are deeply concerned, rather than staying quite in thier comfort zone.
as for your responce " two wrongs does not makes right" & "should we respond to voilence with voilence" i absolutely agree with precedent and strongly wish that KSA regime would have followed this doctrine when dealing with Yamen and Qatar.
isnt it obvious that thier doctrine is completly different against the weeker nations and the stronger ones

Show me one incident where Saudi Arabia has not condemned an Islamophobic act?

Qatar what have we done to them? We basically cut diplomatic ties with the government of Qatar for many many reasons that you may not be aware of. As for Yemen, do you think Saudi Arabia would allow an Iranian sponsored militias to threaten our national security and take over Yemen? Have not we learned from Iraq, Lebanon and elsewhere? I do not see you condemning Houthis act launching missiles toward Makkah many times!

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
PortlyCharmingHare-max-1mb.gif

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
This summit is about Erdogan and Mahatir attempting to project themselves as “game-changing” Islamic leaders at the fag end of their career. Qatar there to settle scores with the rest of gulf states. Not a place where Imran Khan should be. He should rethink his policy to engage with those who have ulterior ideological and political motives.

Participation in this summit will have longterm negative affects on Pak-Saudi relations.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I think you are overreacting. There can be an Islamic summit without any arabs present or an islamic summit without any pakistanis present or without xyz specific country/race present.

Turks have shed blood for Islam, so have the Muslims of the south asia, so have other races not mentioned here like berbers etc... It is not something exclusive to the arabs of the arabian peninsula.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Show me one incident where Saudi Arabia has not condemned an Islamophobic act?

When MBS went to China and gave them support for their oppression of uighur Muslims. Pakistan is guilty of this too so I'm not trying to act better than you here.