Some Americans Think the Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law?! | World Defense

Some Americans Think the Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law?!

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Some Americans Think the Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law?!

Conspiracy theories are running wild over the Army’s planned multi-state training exercise this summer.

Green Berets, Navy SEALs and Special Operations forces will conduct realistic training exercises from July to September across the southwest – including in 17 Texas cities.

The exercise, called Jade Helm 15, has critics worried that the Army is preparing for modern-day martial law. Some are even calling it “the Texas takeover.”

Officials say the goal is to see if groups of Special Forces can move around a civilian population without being noticed and can handle different threat scenarios. The military says that these are vital skills when it comes to the ever-changing threats that military members face.

But a slideshow about the training exercise shows Texas labeled as simulated "hostile" territory, which prompted concern from some Americans.

happyfun88

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Canada
Looking at the police with military grade equipment makes it easy to see it is already happening. Everything is done slowly and gradually, the key is to never call it Martial Law.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I am unsure as to the objective behind the whole thing, but I have a member in my own forum that has mentioned his own concern on this. He is in one of the states on the map. So am I. We spoke briefly on it, but I am still searching through information on the issue. According to what I am reading they are doing these exercises because Putin seems to be plying to regain control of those states to gain Mexican support in their cause and make it easier to overtake the rest of the US. Red Dawn anyone??

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I believe they are. I believe they have been for a while. They're just waiting for a good excuse to implement it. They've already stripped us of so many rights and freedoms in the name of security (that a lot of Americans give up willing so they can feel safe) that resistance will be minimal.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
that's amazing the paranoia in this country is incredible to be honest with you. If they were going to declare any type of martial law whatsoever will be done in secret you would know anything about it. There's no way the they would announce that they were going to do something that even sounded like martial law in the first place. And they definitely would just take over one state they were probably tried to seize every single state at the same time.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I don't have any use for conspiracy theories. I don't have a high opinion of our government but I don't believe they woukd ever become tyrannical enough to turn the military on the citizenry. I know its the internet and people are free to have opinions but its ridiculous how easily some people buy into conspiracies.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I don't have any use for conspiracy theories. I don't have a high opinion of our government but I don't believe they woukd ever become tyrannical enough to turn the military on the citizenry. I know its the internet and people are free to have opinions but its ridiculous how easily some people buy into conspiracies.
I want to think that way, I really do! But the things I've seen in recent years have really raised my conspiracy antennae! We have a man in office who has shredded our Constitution. It's becoming easier to believe that they are out to get us. It brings to mind the adage: "Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean someone ISN'T following you."

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Conspiracy theories, can be true sometimes and also can be somthing which may just be theories and also it can just put people in the path of chasing after something which may not even true sometimes. I think it is alright to believe in some but getting, obsessed may cause you to get so obsessed that you separate from family and friends in the process which can cause tensions in the process. I reckon it will be interesting to see what happens in the coming months and also, and what the army tells the people it is doing maybe they will update them with the right information.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
The fact that police are now being given military grade weapons has got to strike a nerve! We can't go into an airport without some flunky looking at our naked bodies through that stupid machine and laughing at us. They are passing laws that hold police less accountable and also give them a lot more leeway with violating our constitutional rights...

The idea isn't that the drills in the SW is the possible threat. That's just a training exercise. The idea is "what are they training for?"

This isn't a conspiracy theory. It's an educated guess based on facts and history. Call it paranoia if that makes you feel better. The truth is, when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter what you believe.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
As the World continues to become globalized, there is an increased threat of there being land attacks. I do think it could be important for our military to know how to isolate and take our a threat on our own soil. Look at the threat the Australia recently had to take out. They did it at night and the citizens knew nothing until the early morning hours when the objective was achieved. There weren't any little idiots interfering and it got done. I say remain aware, but think of all possible perspectives not just the worst one.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Ok, I read some of the proposal for the Jade Helm Operation, watched videos of others talking about it, then I applied my own knowledge and experience of the military from growing up surrounded by it.

After reading the document Jade Helm I really am not seeing much of a reason to be concerned. This operation just happen to come at a time when everyone is a bit nervous about the September 2015 prediction of the start of WWIII. In a sense, it seems that is what they are preparing for... an emanate attack on the US from Russia most likely. They are also only covering the states that are closest to the South American border which makes everyone even more suspicious because it has always been predicted that if there were to be an invasion attempt, it would come from that direction.

I personally am not worried. I actually came to the information that areas such as the one I live in are where the military presence will most likely be. They are apparently going to avoid cities and large suburban areas. As we live in a small rural community surrounded by rough and empty terrain, we are a prime area for them to come through. I will let you guys know afterward what my assessment of their exercise is if they decide to come my way. Until then, I don't believe there is much to worry about from our own soldiers. I don't think government is going to attempt martial law, at least not yet.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I don't view Barack Obama as some nefarious character who wants to turn the government against us. Dont get me wrong hes been a bad president and generally has no use for the confines of the Consitution. But do I think he or any other American president would become truly dictatorial? No I do not.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Our Constitution does not allow it. There are too many obstacles they would have to go over to became dictatorial. By the time they get that far, Congress and the people would have stopped them. Obama tries to work his way around the Constitution but he gets away with only what the people allow him to get away with. If he truly went to far... then the people would shut him down.

gmckee1985

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
I agree with that Kimberly. As much as I'm frustrated by the American people's apathy and downright ignorance at times, I do think a president that was truly maniacal would be shut down. Though when I think about it there have been plenty of times presidents have been extra constitutional with little or no repercussions. So that gives me a bit of pause.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
The problem is it isn't a conspiracy, it is fact. What question should be asked is, "Is this good or bad for the country?" and if it's bad "How do we stop it?". I don't think people are behind the scenes saying we need to CONTROL ALL. But the police's budget is much higher, and they are getting military equipment for your average 20,000 person town. It's insanity.