South Korea On State of High Alert Following North Korea Missile Launch off Submarine | World Defense

South Korea On State of High Alert Following North Korea Missile Launch off Submarine

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It seems North Korea just can't help stirring the pot and riling up others in the region, as well as around the world. Reports state that it appears at around 6:30 p.m. last evening (local time), an intermediate range Musudan missile was launched off a submarine on the East Coast of the Korean peninsula. It appears perhaps Kim Jong Un was eager to rectify the situation and save face after an unsuccessful missile launch last week. North Korea launches missile from submarine, South says - CNN.com

OursIsTheFury

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
Totally a face-saving (or at least attempting to) after the failed public demonstration last time. They are overcompensating, and just like a little kid that was embarrassed in public, he would do a grand gesture just to correct it. It is rather pathetic, if you think about it. They care too much about what other people think.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
In my book, North Korea is just trying to attract attention in the international scene. I'm not discounting the reality of their armaments, may be true that they have nuclear capability when it comes to missiles but the impression I get from Kim Jong Un's actions is just for show. So you can imagine the consternation of the funny president when their launch had failed. With South Korea, it is better to be safe than sorry so they really have to be on their toes all the time.

Reactions
6 1 0
Country
Faroe Islands
Whatever other members may think, I believe it is a very impressive accomplishment by one of the most impoverished and most isolated countries in the entire world. It is not a small achievement by any means. Moreover, North Korea has a massive military with a reasonable level of industrial self sufficiency in military weaponry akin to that of a medium power. A relatively good trait of this dynastic regime is its reluctance to bow down to the Americans. Not many countries in the world can claim that.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
Actually I have a different opinion. North Korean's weapon test is no different from South Korean weapon tests. Both sides do numerous weapon tests all the time. With South Korea routinely do joint military drills with the US military. The only difference is, the media always portrait North Korean weapon tests as provocation, while ignore most of the tests and drills from the opposite side.

I am no fan of Fat Kim Dynasty, but the media propaganda of this side is not so different from the Kim 3 chins.
P.S. I have nothing against being overweight. It is just so wrong when he is the only fat person in a country full of skinny people.