Steel cutting ceremony for 2x Pak Navy Type 054A/P Frigates held At Zonghou | World Defense

Steel cutting ceremony for 2x Pak Navy Type 054A/P Frigates held At Zonghou

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Assalamoalaikum.
I hope we acquire 2 more for a total of 6. My idea will be to have three 7 ships fleet, in wartimes, two along the maritime border with india and one in international waters as Pakistan is among the countries at the gates of persian gulf, such that each fleet has one destroyer, two type 054A/P and 4 ada/ zulfiqar class frigates.
Bye the way, france is going to replace its fleet of La fayette class frigates which needs upgradation for SAMs but can be a good procurement to raise a third fleet alongwith 2 more type 054A/P.

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
Assalamoalaikum.
I hope we acquire 2 more for a total of 6. My idea will be to have three 7 ships fleet, in wartimes, two along the maritime border with india and one in international waters as Pakistan is among the countries at the gates of persian gulf, such that each fleet has one destroyer, two type 054A/P and 4 ada/ zulfiqar class frigates.
Bye the way, france is going to replace its fleet of La fayette class frigates which needs upgradation for SAMs but can be a good procurement to raise a third fleet alongwith 2 more type 054A/P.
Interesting, I'm thinking of a pyramid approach.

The 'mainstay' should be the F-22P (x4), Jinnah-class (x4), and a follow-on MILGEM (x4). Though the MILGEM-Js will have VLS, we should also aim to equip the F-22Ps with VLS and a baseline short-to-medium-range SAM. This way, we have 12 solid multi-mission ships in the 2,000-3,000 ton range.

Next, a total of 6 Type 054A/Ps, but configured with a long-range SAM. This will take time as there aren't many options available in this regard, but I think in 10 years a Chinese SM2/3 equivalent will emerge. If not, we can look at the Turkish HISAR-U (90-100+ km range).

Finally, 3 large (6,000+) ton frigates/destroyers with 100+ VLS cells each for long-range SAMs with hit-to-kill capability (for BMD) and a land-attack cruise missile (LACM) capability for long-range land-strikes (1,000+ km).

So, with this composition of 21 ships, we'll have 3 squadrons with layered anti-air warfare (AAW) coverage, with each squadron having x1 destroyer, x2 Type 054A/P, and x4 F-22P OR MILGEM. Each squadron can have 1 new Moawin-class 15,000+ ton fleet support tanker.

We assign 1 squadron/fleet to the west at Gwadar, 1 in the east at Karachi, and 1 as a reinforcement/relief force at Qasim. The 3rd fleet can also form the nucleus of a power-projection force with, I hope, an aircraft carrier. I do believe a carrier is plausible now that Project Azm is envisaged as a twin-engine, high-performance fighter. We need to work out an agreement with Somalia to set-up a naval base there and perhaps invest in their uranium industry (for nuclear fuel for our needs) while giving them jobs and a fair cut of the proceeds.

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Interesting, I'm thinking of a pyramid approach.

The 'mainstay' should be the F-22P (x4), Jinnah-class (x4), and a follow-on MILGEM (x4). Though the MILGEM-Js will have VLS, we should also aim to equip the F-22Ps with VLS and a baseline short-to-medium-range SAM. This way, we have 12 solid multi-mission ships in the 2,000-3,000 ton range.

Next, a total of 6 Type 054A/Ps, but configured with a long-range SAM. This will take time as there aren't many options available in this regard, but I think in 10 years a Chinese SM2/3 equivalent will emerge. If not, we can look at the Turkish HISAR-U (90-100+ km range).

Finally, 3 large (6,000+) ton frigates/destroyers with 100+ VLS cells each for long-range SAMs with hit-to-kill capability (for BMD) and a land-attack cruise missile (LACM) capability for long-range land-strikes (1,000+ km).

So, with this composition of 21 ships, we'll have 3 squadrons with layered anti-air warfare (AAW) coverage, with each squadron having x1 destroyer, x2 Type 054A/P, and x4 F-22P OR MILGEM. Each squadron can have 1 new Moawin-class 15,000+ ton fleet support tanker.

We assign 1 squadron/fleet to the west at Gwadar, 1 in the east at Karachi, and 1 as a reinforcement/relief force at Qasim. The 3rd fleet can also form the nucleus of a power-projection force with, I hope, an aircraft carrier. I do believe a carrier is plausible now that Project Azm is envisaged as a twin-engine, high-performance fighter. We need to work out an agreement with Somalia to set-up a naval base there and perhaps invest in their uranium industry (for nuclear fuel for our needs) while giving them jobs and a fair cut of the proceeds.
Respectable gentleman!
Don't you think, in times of war, it will be much important to bring the fleet at gwadar to be moved forward?
Gwadar can then be secured by combination of OPVs ( suitably armed with antiship missiles) and LRMPs alongwith a squadron of JF-17s.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Respectable gentleman!
Don't you think, in times of war, it will be much important to bring the fleet at gwadar to be moved forward?
Gwadar can then be secured by combination of OPVs ( suitably armed with antiship missiles) and LRMPs alongwith a squadron of JF-17s.

Hi,

Without heavy strike aircraft---pakistan's coastline is doomed---.

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
Respectable gentleman!
Peace time stationing and, potentially, to ensure India doesn't get any shipment of fuel from the Gulf, especially if the overly enthusiastic UAE or Saudi try forcing their way through us.

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Without heavy strike aircraft---pakistan's coastline is doomed---.
Hi.
I won't suggest atleast JH-7A for not being able for IFR atleast.
Heavy strike fighter for PN is a dream which must come true.
I mentioned JF-17 (block III) only for gwadar so that if IN some how manages to settle its ships and air assets at chahbahar, it should be available for timely response.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi.
I mentioned JF-17 (block III) only for gwadar so that if IN some how manages to settle its ships and air assets at chahbahar, it should be available for timely response.

The cheapest and effective solution is to add more mirages.
May be UAE / Qatri retire their mirages and gift to Pakistan, but Pakistan's foreign policy doesn't seems to be helping much there.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi.

In times of old, one Ashm per aircraft was enough because ships dud not have much to counter.

now counter measure against are very advanced, so the probability of kill is very limited.

against a modern frigate, you have to launch at least 2-4 C802 type Ashm per frigate to break through.

i always thought that you kids knew about that or wiuld the sense to understand.

but then i give you guys too credit which you dont deserve.

fir that reason you will have to have heavies to carry more, launch more, so that the percentage of hit gets higher.

Last edited:

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
In times of old, one Ashm per aircraft was enough because ships dud not have much to counter.

now counter measure against are very advanced, so the probability of kill is very limited.

against a modern frigate, you have to launch at least 2-4 C802 type Ashm per frigate to break thtough.

fir that reason you will have to have heavies to carry more, launch more, so that the percentage of hit gets higher.
No question about heavy, twin engine fighter for PN but I wish for an aircraft which can be suited to both, PN and PAF, and which can attack Mumbai flying from our coastline, so IFR is needed which JH-7A lacks. Neither the chinese had that in modernization package for JH-7A!
I don't value any credit from your side from long ago!
Placing JF-17 at gwadar doesn't mean we don't need heavier, twin engine fighter.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Guys, what’s the news about todays Land based Ash missile test by Navy ?

Wingless

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Gentleman!
There is a separate sticky thread on anti-ship missiles. It is requested to move your question there.