Switzerland airshow crash: At least one dead after two planes collide in Dittingen | World Defense

Switzerland airshow crash: At least one dead after two planes collide in Dittingen

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Switzerland airshow crash: At least one dead after two planes collide in Dittingen
v3-Breaking-news.jpg

Doug Bolton

Sunday 23 August 2015

At least one person has died after two planes collided mid-air at an airshow in Switzerland.

Police in the village of Dittingen, in the north of the country, say that the two aircraft involved in the mid-air collision were in a formation of three planes, according to Sky.

At least one of the planes crashed after the impact.

Swiss media reported that the planes were part of the German Grasshopper display team.

CNFrtwOXAAAy2dV.jpg

CNFrt1DWsAA_ww0.jpg

CNFrt5UW8AA0DSv.jpg

CNFruH-WUAA5C1Y.png

They said that one pilot managed to escape by parachute, but the other was killed.

The third plane was not involved and landed safely. The airshow, which takes place in Dittingen every year, has been cancelled.

The collision came the day after a fighter jet at an airshow in west Sussex crashed into a busy dual carriageway, killing at least seven people.

This article will be updated shortly
Switzerland airshow crash: At least one dead after two planes collide in Dittingen - Europe - World - The Independent

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me for this repeat comment because I had just replied to a post about an airshow crash in Brighton, England. Now it is Switzerland's turn for the air tragedy. Again, my question is why the need for an airshow? And why the need for deadly maneuvers that always cause a participating plane to crash? Maybe it's about time to stop these silly airshows and save us from tragedies.