Targets | World Defense

Targets

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I've just read an fascinating article looking at the targets which soldiers use during weapons training. This is the image which is used at US military shooting ranges...

aaa.jpg

Sign of the times....

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
New look ?!

It's combination of eastern and western clothes ?

Looks like militias in ME .

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I call racial profiling! I think they should use zombie targets. It would be much more realistic.

This is profiling! Can't they just practice on circles like everyone else does? In case they can't find one I have one attached
download.jpg

It even has numbers on it so you can keep score!

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I call racial profiling! I think they should use zombie targets. It would be much more realistic.

Double that.

Here is another interesting video.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Double that.

Here is another interesting video.

Wow! They are the same people! My favorite line is "why you dressed like that?" I did a study on racial profiling of Arabic people and Muslims in the United States for my multicultural counseling course and my Muslim co-worker gave me a lot of Muslim literature. I had never realized it, but racial profiling had been happening heavily in the media for decades. When I compared the media messages to Muslim literature, the messages were so different. I've just started taking everything I see with a grain of salt.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This is profiling! Can't they just practice on circles like everyone else does? In case they can't find one I have one attached
View attachment 442
It even has numbers on it so you can keep score!

Love it! It's no wonder Islamophobia is taking over, when this is how the enemy is depicted.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Love it! It's no wonder Islamophobia is taking over, when this is how the enemy is depicted.
Islamophobia is ingrained in the American culture as much as the black/white issue is at this point. Unless we really as a people take the initiative to address it, it's going to stay.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely, after all, there are bad apples to be found in every walk of life. Adolf Hitler was a Christian, believe it or not, but we don't take the opinion that all Christians are genocidal dictators. Maybe change needs to start with the media?

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Absolutely, after all, there are bad apples to be found in every walk of life. Adolf Hitler was a Christian, believe it or not, but we don't take the opinion that all Christians are genocidal dictators. Maybe change needs to start with the media?
I agree. We need to hold the media accountable for the messages they portray to us and future generations. However, who controls the media? Is it the people or someone else?

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
As someone from India, its quite disturbing to see how the western people portray Islam religion in general. Some of my friends in Italy would relate Islam to a 'terrorist' religion. I don't know what do they show/teach there, but something is not right here.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
As someone from India, its quite disturbing to see how the western people portray Islam religion in general. Some of my friends in Italy would relate Islam to a 'terrorist' religion. I don't know what do they show/teach there, but something is not right here.

I think it is a combination of a lack of education of Islam and the media. Additionally, the whole world seems to be in a state at the moment. I think people are looking for someone to blame and Islam seems to be the scapegoat. Nobody realises just what a peaceful religion this is and they won't entertain the thought that terrorist acts are carried out by a small minority. It's like saying all Christians behave like the Westboro Baptist Church.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I think it is a combination of a lack of education of Islam and the media. Additionally, the whole world seems to be in a state at the moment. I think people are looking for someone to blame and Islam seems to be the scapegoat. Nobody realises just what a peaceful religion this is and they won't entertain the thought that terrorist acts are carried out by a small minority. It's like saying all Christians behave like the Westboro Baptist Church.

Ugh... Westboro. I agree there is a lot of ignorance about the religion in general. A lot of people believe that Islam is all about the extremism that is portrayed in the media. They don't realize that only a small portion of Muslims feel this way and many more are angered that they portray Islam in this manner. If you try to tell that to somebody who thinks they know better though, you better get ready for a good ass chewing.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Of course only a small portion of Islam is extremist. But that small portion is heavily stressed by the media profile. Spotlights are always on the bad things and an average Joe most likely will be influenced by modern media. But the target above is racial profiling gone to an extent. Sad.