'Tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes' North Korea orders army to PREPARE FOR WAR with USA | World Defense

'Tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes' North Korea orders army to PREPARE FOR WAR with USA

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
NORTH KOREAN tyrant Kim Jong-un has told his army to prepare FOR WAR – sparking fear across the globe.

Published: 18:04, Sat, February 28, 2015
By Cyrus Engineer

Kim-Jong-un-561111.jpg

REUTERS

North Korea has been told to prepare for war
The brutal dictator made the chilling threat after the US and South Korea staged a joint navel drill involving nearly a dozen warships.

"The prevailing situation where a great war for national reunification is at hand requires all the KPA (Korean People's Army) units to become (elite) Guard Units fully prepared for war politically and ideologically, in military technique and materially," he told troops according to Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).

Kim, who commands one of the world's largest armies, told his forces to train so they can "tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes" – a reference to the American flag.

The US and South Korean drills were a prelude to an eight-week exercise called Foal Eagle which will involve air, ground and navy field training.

It will also involve some 200,000 South Korean and 3,700 US troops.

Both Washington and Seoul insist the military exercises are defence-based in their nature.

South-Korean-tanks-259399.jpg

AP

A South Korean army K-2 tank fires during a live firing drill at a fire training field in Yangpyeong
It was recently revealed that North Korea could have as many as 100 nuclear weapons by 2020.

A report released by a US research institute predicted the rogue state's nuclear arsenal could dramatically increase in the next five years.

The report's author, Joel Wit, said: "This is a pretty scary scenario."

Sung Kim, U.S. Special Representative for North Korea Policy, told a Washington seminar said concern over North Korean advances was driving international diplomatic efforts "to find a credible path to negotiation so that we can stop North Korea's development of their nuclear capabilities."

He said Washington was "under no illusions" about North Korea's willingness to denuclearize voluntarily and would "continue to apply pressure both multilaterally and unilaterally" though sanctions to increase the cost of failing to do so.

North-Korea-army-259400.jpg
GETTY

North Korea has huge numbers of troops to call on
Last year North Korea threatened to "blow up" the White House during a sabre-rattling attack on the US in the wake of the Sony hacking scandal.

A post published on KCNA called the US a “cesspool of terrorism” and said it had “clear evidence” that Hollywood blockbuster The Interview - featuring the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un - was a “propaganda attack” by the US.

The film was temporarily pulled by Sony before its scheduled release after hackers threatened cinema goers who saw the comedy.

The statement, translated from Korean, carried an implicit threat to American institutions and “citadels”.

The-White-House-North-Korea-259401.jpg

Last year North Korea made implicit threats against the US
“The DPRK [North Korea] has already launched the toughest counteraction,” it said.

“Nothing is a more serious miscalculation than guessing that just a single movie production company is the target of this counteraction.

“Our target is all the citadels of the US imperialists who earned the bitterest grudge of all Koreans.

“The army and people of the DPRK are fully ready to stand in confrontation with the US in all war spaces including cyber warfare space to blow up those citadels.”

North Korea leader Kim Jong Un orders army to PREPARE FOR WAR against USA and the West | World | News | Daily Express

Goblinforhire

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Kenya
Oh look, it's time for North Korea's 'annual threat against South Korea and America'. They have done this too many times in the past to be taken seriously any more, North Korea is like the boy who cried wolf. Anytime I read something like this I just roll my eyes and move one, unless this is part of their plan - to make the world think they like to bluster- then strike out of the blue and catch everyone unawares.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Kim Jong-Un tells his army to 'prepare for war' after South Korea and the U.S carry out joint naval drill
  • Dictator Kim Jong Un threatened 'to tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes'
  • Comments came after joint military drills between U.S. and South Korea
  • American government is also readying new sanctions for North Korea
By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline

Published: 18:53 GMT, 28 February 2015 | Updated: 21:15 GMT, 28 February 2015

Kim Jong-Un has told North Korea's military to prepare for war against the United States, saying he wants 'to tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes'.

He also said that America does not have a 'monopoly' on nuclear weapons, adding: 'The U.S. is seriously mistaken if it thinks its mainland is safe.'

The comments were made yesterday after America and South Korea held joint military exercises before announcing another eight-week operation due to take place from Monday.

Scroll down for video

262BEA2500000578-2973647-image-a-1_1425148259514.jpg

Kim Jong Un said that America does not have the 'monopoly' on nuclear weapons, adding that: 'The U.S. is seriously mistaken if it thinks its mainland is safe.'

262BEA2100000578-2973647-image-a-2_1425148265255.jpg

The North Korean dictator called on the army to increase the training of elite units in response to joint military drills from the U.S. and South Korea on Friday

262BEA2900000578-2973647-image-a-6_1425148305830.jpg

The aggressive North Korean statement comes at a time of rising tension on the peninsula after the communist state also upped its own military drills (pictured, Kim inspects part of a museum in Pyongyang)

Operation Foal Eagle will involve around 200,000 South Korean troops and another 3,700 U.S. personnel, spread over land, sea and air.

North Korea has also recently stepped up its own ground, air and naval drills, as tensions continue to rise on the fraught peninsula.

KCNA, the country's state news agency, said: 'The DPRK will wage a merciless sacred war against the U.S. now that the latter has chosen confrontation.

'The prevailing situation where a great war for national reunification is at hand requires all the KPA (Korean People's Army) units to become (elite) Guard Units fully prepared for war politically and ideologically, in military technique and materially.'

Kim hit out on the same day the U.S. moved a step closer to imposing new sanctions on North Korea's banks, blocking their access to hard cash.

262A363000000578-2973647-image-a-5_1425148288715.jpg

Kim said he wanted 'to tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes' and 'wage a merciless sacred war against the U.S.', according to the country's state news agency

262A367C00000578-2973647-image-a-3_1425148270126.jpg

The comments also came as the U.S. begins ratifying new laws which will place even tougher sanctions on North Korea, limiting its access to hard cash

Kim Jong Un observes North Korean weapon testing
video-undefined-25E85EC500000578-510_636x358.jpg

The bill also has that ability to sanction North Korea officials over dire human rights abuses and individuals who facilitate cyberattacks on the U.S.

The new legislation is partly in response to demands for tougher measures over Pyongyang's nuclear programme and the alleged hack of Sony Pictures last year.

The Obama administration last month blacklisted additional North Korean officials in response to the Sony hack,aimed at reducing the country's income from illegal weapon sales.

Last week a U.N. panel investigating how North Korea avoids sanctions reported that one shipping company caught trying to smuggle jets and missiles from Cub had simply renamed its vessels, suggesting that the new sanctions may not be entirely effective.

262A368000000578-2973647-image-a-4_1425148277177.jpg

South Korea and America will carry out more joint exercises from Monday involving hundreds of thousands of troops (pictured, Kim inspects the construction site of a new science and technology centre)

Kim Jong-Un tells his army to 'prepare for war' after South Korea and the U.S carry out joint naval drill | Daily Mail Online

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
This guy is a real joker. He can't even manage to properly feed his nation but wants to go to war with the United States. Japan during WW2 was a much stronger country than present day North korea and we all know what happened to Japan. North Korea will be blow to pieces if they ever dear attempt to use nuclear weapons on the US.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think he understands what he is dealing with, too arrogant. For one thing, he is the only one being confrontational here. He is totally over reacting with outrageous threats. Unless he starts something, no one is going to be attacking him. North Korea is seriously paranoid because their whole system is based on control and force. I think on some level they know that the only reason their people submit to being treated so badly is that they just want to live and are too afraid they will just be killed to speak up.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Oh here we go again...Why the media continues to give his half-baked little threats the time of day is beyond me. It's all just chest-beating.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
What a joker Kim Jong Un is! The international community already has a lot to deal with. ISIS and Boko Haram are taking up most of their security concerns. More and more countries are needing humanitarian aid so even the UN cannot spare a moment for NoKor's childish ploy. I wonder how serious the threat is this time.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
What a joker Kim Jong Un is! The international community already has a lot to deal with. ISIS and Boko Haram are taking up most of their security concerns. More and more countries are needing humanitarian aid so even the UN cannot spare a moment for NoKor's childish ploy. I wonder how serious the threat is this time.

Maybe that's it - the little guy is becoming jealous of the attention ISIS is getting and is throwing a tantrum! Look at meee!

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Oh look, it's time for North Korea's 'annual threat against South Korea and America'. They have done this too many times in the past to be taken seriously any more, North Korea is like the boy who cried wolf. Anytime I read something like this I just roll my eyes and move one, unless this is part of their plan - to make the world think they like to bluster- then strike out of the blue and catch everyone unawares.
I agree. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't take their threats seriously, considering the fire power they may have. My only hope is that if war does break out, people keep their hands off the big red buttons.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro

Exactly. This is just the same old "look at me I'm still relevant" thing N Korea has been doing for ages.
And on top of everything this seems to be provoked by the joint US/S. Korean military excercise so to be honest I would have been more surprised if we didn't hear something like this.

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Exactly. This is just the same old "look at me I'm still relevant" thing N Korea has been doing for ages.
And on top of everything this seems to be provoked by the joint US/S. Korean military excercise so to be honest I would have been more surprised if we didn't hear something like this.
I think it is likely that North Korea will try to display some kind of force in or around South Korea while the U.S. soldiers are training there.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I think it is likely that North Korea will try to display some kind of force in or around South Korea while the U.S. soldiers are training there.
They have already displayed "some kind of force" numerous time but they seem to always hold themselves in check. Despite their threats, they're actually weary of South Korea, which by the way has now become an emerging weapons manufacturer and exporter.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro

Yes but it will be the same old, holding a huge excercise of their own at the same time close to the border.. or a navy excercise not far from S Korean waters etc. Happens everytime.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Kim Jong-Un tells his army to 'prepare for war' after South Korea and the U.S carry out joint naval drill
  • Dictator Kim Jong Un threatened 'to tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes'
  • Comments came after joint military drills between U.S. and South Korea
  • American government is also readying new sanctions for North Korea
By Chris Pleasance for MailOnline

Published: 18:53 GMT, 28 February 2015 | Updated: 21:15 GMT, 28 February 2015

Kim Jong-Un has told North Korea's military to prepare for war against the United States, saying he wants 'to tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes'.

He also said that America does not have a 'monopoly' on nuclear weapons, adding: 'The U.S. is seriously mistaken if it thinks its mainland is safe.'

The comments were made yesterday after America and South Korea held joint military exercises before announcing another eight-week operation due to take place from Monday.

Scroll down for video

262BEA2500000578-2973647-image-a-1_1425148259514.jpg

Kim Jong Un said that America does not have the 'monopoly' on nuclear weapons, adding that: 'The U.S. is seriously mistaken if it thinks its mainland is safe.'

262BEA2100000578-2973647-image-a-2_1425148265255.jpg

The North Korean dictator called on the army to increase the training of elite units in response to joint military drills from the U.S. and South Korea on Friday

262BEA2900000578-2973647-image-a-6_1425148305830.jpg

The aggressive North Korean statement comes at a time of rising tension on the peninsula after the communist state also upped its own military drills (pictured, Kim inspects part of a museum in Pyongyang)

Operation Foal Eagle will involve around 200,000 South Korean troops and another 3,700 U.S. personnel, spread over land, sea and air.

North Korea has also recently stepped up its own ground, air and naval drills, as tensions continue to rise on the fraught peninsula.

KCNA, the country's state news agency, said: 'The DPRK will wage a merciless sacred war against the U.S. now that the latter has chosen confrontation.

'The prevailing situation where a great war for national reunification is at hand requires all the KPA (Korean People's Army) units to become (elite) Guard Units fully prepared for war politically and ideologically, in military technique and materially.'

Kim hit out on the same day the U.S. moved a step closer to imposing new sanctions on North Korea's banks, blocking their access to hard cash.

262A363000000578-2973647-image-a-5_1425148288715.jpg

Kim said he wanted 'to tear to pieces the Stars and Stripes' and 'wage a merciless sacred war against the U.S.', according to the country's state news agency

262A367C00000578-2973647-image-a-3_1425148270126.jpg

The comments also came as the U.S. begins ratifying new laws which will place even tougher sanctions on North Korea, limiting its access to hard cash

Kim Jong Un observes North Korean weapon testing
video-undefined-25E85EC500000578-510_636x358.jpg

The bill also has that ability to sanction North Korea officials over dire human rights abuses and individuals who facilitate cyberattacks on the U.S.

The new legislation is partly in response to demands for tougher measures over Pyongyang's nuclear programme and the alleged hack of Sony Pictures last year.

The Obama administration last month blacklisted additional North Korean officials in response to the Sony hack,aimed at reducing the country's income from illegal weapon sales.

Last week a U.N. panel investigating how North Korea avoids sanctions reported that one shipping company caught trying to smuggle jets and missiles from Cub had simply renamed its vessels, suggesting that the new sanctions may not be entirely effective.

262A368000000578-2973647-image-a-4_1425148277177.jpg

South Korea and America will carry out more joint exercises from Monday involving hundreds of thousands of troops (pictured, Kim inspects the construction site of a new science and technology centre)

Kim Jong-Un tells his army to 'prepare for war' after South Korea and the U.S carry out joint naval drill | Daily Mail Online

War my ass. He will be eaten alive if a war were to break between his country and South-Korea along with the US.