Technology to withstand a nuclear blast, a mini Oval Office and dining for 100 people: What it's REA | World Defense

Technology to withstand a nuclear blast, a mini Oval Office and dining for 100 people: What it's REA

rares209

Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Romania
It is the key sign of American presidency and power.

And it's fair to say, some pretty important pre-conference deliberations have taken place on board high above the clouds.

Air Force One is the aircraft that transports Barack Obama to meetings throughout the world, and the highly-customised Boeing 747-200B has even been enjoyed by British Prime Minister David Cameron.

ith 4,000 sq ft of floor space over three levels, it certainly doesn't lack n space, and includes an extensive suite for the president with a large office, lavatory, and a conference room.

But it's not just the space and facilities that make the plane so ideal, it is also stacked with the latest safety equipment.

According to White House information the onboard electronics are hardened to protect against an electromagnetic pulse - such as a nuclear explosion - and Air Force One is equipped with advanced secure communications equipment, allowing the aircraft to function as a 'mobile command centre'.

The plane can reach speeds up to 620 miles per hour, 40 miles per hour faster than their commercial counterparts. And, according to Business Insider, there are also mirror ball missile deflectors embedded in the wings of the plane should the aircraft come under attack.
267ECD7600000578-2987856-image-a-22_1425987287263.jpg

Source: Technology to withstand a nuclear blast, a mini Oval Office and dining for 100 people: What it's REALLY like on board the $330million Air Force One | Daily Mail Online

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Well, as long these don't disappear like AirAsia flights, I think we can protect the president in one of this bad boys. I'm not angry.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I can't help but to wonder what they aren't telling us. The security measures get more advanced every time you blink an eye. I think this goes further than protecting the President from hypothetical threats.