Trump visits border town, & isn't raped, murdered, or mugged by Mexicans | World Defense

Trump visits border town, & isn't raped, murdered, or mugged by Mexicans

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Donald Trump makes a Texas-size splash with visit to Mexican border - The Washington Post

LAREDO, Tex. — A defiant Donald Trump, visiting the U.S. border with Mexico here Thursday, said again that he will not apologize for his hard-line rhetoric on illegal immigration or back away from his plan to build a wall between the two nations.

During a whirlwind visit — it was less than three hours from when his jet touched down to when it took off — Trump blazed around in a presidential-style motorcade that included seven SUVs and even more police cars. Local officers blocked off roads, including Interstate 35, for Trump’s entourage.

The Republican presidential candidate, leading the GOP field in national polls but increasingly under fire from the establishment wing of his party, said repeatedly that he had been told he would be in “great danger” if he visited this town of 236,000 in southern Texas — even though Laredo, which is roughly 96 percent Hispanic, has a significantly lower murder rate than Trump’s home town of New York City. He would not say who had told him that he was at risk.
At the World Trade Bridge, where a long line of 18-wheelers queued up to enter the United States, Trump spent half an hour meeting with local leaders — none of whom seemed eager to endorse his signature prescription for border security.

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, with the crossing as a backdrop, Laredo City Manager Jesus Olivares said the border fence Trump has been calling for was not on their list of priorities.

“We don’t think that’s necessary at this time,” he replied, with Trump looking on.

Asked whether that opinion would have an impact on his own, Trump said nothing had changed: “Not at all. . . . In certain sections, we have to have a wall.”

On a windy day with temperatures over 100 degrees, Trump wore a blazer, white dress shoes and a white ball cap emblazoned with his campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
The more I think about it, the more I wonder if he's a liberal. You wouldn't expect a conservative to work this hard to ruin the republicans' chances.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@LiliAnn, wait a minute, I’m getting confused now. In that line - The Republican presidential candidate, leading the GOP field in national polls – that means he is the top candidate to be nominated for now? I thought he was down in the list and with his negative pronouncements on those Mexican immigrants, his chance of winning is getting slimmer. So how come Mr. Trump is still on top? I guess he has the right to stick to his accusations, at least he shows he has a backbone.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised to hear he's currently topping the polls too. Maybe it boils down to a choice between Trump and yet another Bush, in which case, maybe the results are understandable.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I really think his public relations team put this together in hopes that he can get some of the Latino votes in America. I don't think it will work. He has royally screwed himself over by saying what he said. He even used the words m*ther f*cker on stage while addressing the nation. WTF!!!
Honestly, I don't think it was a mistake, and I think that the idea that most Hispanics will lean liberal is a misnomer. Mexico is a liberal state for the most part, and good people are doing thier best to get away from it. Most that do come over are not bad, and are seeking a better life. Now, here's a man who is trying to keep the worst elements out, a sentiment that they want as well, or else they wouldn't be here. They don't want this country, their last refuge ruined as well.

bluedog

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
@LiliAnn, wait a minute, I’m getting confused now. In that line - The Republican presidential candidate, leading the GOP field in national polls – that means he is the top candidate to be nominated for now? I thought he was down in the list and with his negative pronouncements on those Mexican immigrants, his chance of winning is getting slimmer. So how come Mr. Trump is still on top? I guess he has the right to stick to his accusations, at least he shows he has a backbone.

Not sure how much stock I put in the polls out. At the same time Trump will not loose because of his stance on Mexican immigrants and his statement on building a wall. Nor do I think his statements make him a racist. He was not talking about productive members in society that came over here Mexico. He's talking about people who come over, break the rules, and cause havoc. We sure do not hear about Canadian immigrants.

Honestly, I don't think it was a mistake, and I think that the idea that most Hispanics will lean liberal is a misnomer. Mexico is a liberal state for the most part, and good people are doing thier best to get away from it. Most that do come over are not bad, and are seeking a better life. Now, here's a man who is trying to keep the worst elements out, a sentiment that they want as well, or else they wouldn't be here. They don't want this country, their last refuge ruined as well.

Exactly! Why in the world would anyone come here, if not for a better life. Same as immigrants from the past.

I'm surprised to hear he's currently topping the polls too. Maybe it boils down to a choice between Trump and yet another Bush, in which case, maybe the results are understandable.

Hmm. yeah, Bush is only in the picture because of his namesake and would be surprised, if he slides in as the top candidate at the end. One never knows, but would not rule out another Democratic to come in on top.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
What is your opinion on the latest Repubilcan debate. I've heard my colleagues talking about it in the office. They are praising Donald Trump for his guts in maintaining his stance against illegal migrants. If that is the issue, my colleagues said, Trump will win in my card. But America is a big country and a melting pot at that so it is not easy to predict.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
Donald Trump makes a Texas-size splash with visit to Mexican border - The Washington Post

LAREDO, Tex. — A defiant Donald Trump, visiting the U.S. border with Mexico here Thursday, said again that he will not apologize for his hard-line rhetoric on illegal immigration or back away from his plan to build a wall between the two nations.

During a whirlwind visit — it was less than three hours from when his jet touched down to when it took off — Trump blazed around in a presidential-style motorcade that included seven SUVs and even more police cars. Local officers blocked off roads, including Interstate 35, for Trump’s entourage.

The Republican presidential candidate, leading the GOP field in national polls but increasingly under fire from the establishment wing of his party, said repeatedly that he had been told he would be in “great danger” if he visited this town of 236,000 in southern Texas — even though Laredo, which is roughly 96 percent Hispanic, has a significantly lower murder rate than Trump’s home town of New York City. He would not say who had told him that he was at risk.
At the World Trade Bridge, where a long line of 18-wheelers queued up to enter the United States, Trump spent half an hour meeting with local leaders — none of whom seemed eager to endorse his signature prescription for border security.

Speaking to reporters after the meeting, with the crossing as a backdrop, Laredo City Manager Jesus Olivares said the border fence Trump has been calling for was not on their list of priorities.

“We don’t think that’s necessary at this time,” he replied, with Trump looking on.

Asked whether that opinion would have an impact on his own, Trump said nothing had changed: “Not at all. . . . In certain sections, we have to have a wall.”

On a windy day with temperatures over 100 degrees, Trump wore a blazer, white dress shoes and a white ball cap emblazoned with his campaign slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

I can not wait until I dont have to hear about this joker anymore on a dialy basis. Every day it some new negative pronouncement. OK people are tired of politicians, right I get it. Politics as uasual doesn't work anymore, but that doesn't mean that we need a negative, mean and nasty guy as a Presidential candidate. He is out to defame eveyone it seems, not just illegal immigrants.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I can not wait until I dont have to hear about this joker anymore on a dialy basis. Every day it some new negative pronouncement. OK people are tired of politicians, right I get it. Politics as uasual doesn't work anymore, but that doesn't mean that we need a negative, mean and nasty guy as a Presidential candidate. He is out to defame eveyone it seems, not just illegal immigrants.
Rich, white, Christian men don't have to worry. Those are the only ones Trump seems to like.

Bunni

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I personally hate all the media attention he's getting. Obviously, most of it is either making fun of him or negatively comments on his behavior, but, the issue is, if someone agrees with him it almost legitimizes his bigotry and ignorance.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
I personally hate all the media attention he's getting. Obviously, most of it is either making fun of him or negatively comments on his behavior, but, the issue is, if someone agrees with him it almost legitimizes his bigotry and ignorance.
Its so depressing when I hear people praise him. The fact that there really are people who agree with the horrible things that man says, makes me wonder how we have survived so far. How much longer we have.

Bunni

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Its so depressing when I hear people praise him. The fact that there really are people who agree with the horrible things that man says, makes me wonder how we have survived so far. How much longer we have.

I'm not going to go as far as to say he reflects the ideas of society, but his opinions definitely do reveal a part of the population that continue to believe in ignorance and inequality. It's definite depressing, but it also shows that we, as a people, have made a lot of progress in supporting equality and opportunity for all.

bluedog

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
To those calling Trump a racist, do you honestly think Trump was referring to immigrants in this country legally?

Does anyone wonder, about the ramifications of illegal immigrants coming into this country that are criminals - no matter their ethnic background?

What is your opinion on the latest Repubilcan debate. I've heard my colleagues talking about it in the office. They are praising Donald Trump for his guts in maintaining his stance against illegal migrants. If that is the issue, my colleagues said, Trump will win in my card. But America is a big country and a melting pot at that so it is not easy to predict.

Not so sure America is a melting pot or a salad bowl. Nowadays, especially when you hear about everyone screaming about racism, it is not so much about everyone assimilating, but respecting and embracing our differences.

Rich, white, Christian men don't have to worry. Those are the only ones Trump seems to like.

With all this talk about racism, do you think there is something wrong about being rich, white, and Christian? Taken out of context this could appear as a racist comment. Now, I am not saying you meant this as a racist comment, I am just trying to make the point, we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions.

I'm not going to go as far as to say he reflects the ideas of society, but his opinions definitely do reveal a part of the population that continue to believe in ignorance and inequality. It's definite depressing, but it also shows that we, as a people, have made a lot of progress in supporting equality and opportunity for all.

Why is it seen as ignorant or inequality to support people of any nationality to come into our country illegally?

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
It just shows that people are still so full of hate. The racist and sexist remarks, that people agree with makes me wonder if he isn't slipping roofies into people's drinks.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
With all this talk about racism, do you think there is something wrong about being rich, white, and Christian? Taken out of context this could appear as a racist comment. Now, I am not saying you meant this as a racist comment, I am just trying to make the point, we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions.

There is nothing there, in or out of context, that could be taken as racists. Well, unless YOU consider being called rich, white, or male an insult. Which one is it? Or is it all 3 that you consider an insult? I did, however, imply that Trump is a racist and sexist. because he is. Do you want me to find examples, in context, so that you can read about the things he said.

To those calling Trump a racist, do you honestly think Trump was referring to immigrants in this country legally?
yes. But not all of them. Just the Mexicans. Because he's racist.

Why is it seen as ignorant or inequality to support people of any nationality to come into our country illegally?
The ignorance and inequality comes from Trump insinuations. Have you noticed he hasn't said anything about Canadians? Being of Latino descent does not make them inferior. Maybe if reality jumped up and bit him in the ass, he would realize that we are all equal.

I'd rather have 100 mexican criminals than one bigot, racist, sexist, superficial piece of shit in a position to have any kind of control over our country.