Turkey, Russia Resume Talks On Su-35 Fighter Jets' Deliveries | Page 4 | World Defense

Turkey, Russia Resume Talks On Su-35 Fighter Jets' Deliveries

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Turkey provides sub systems for F35, till now Lockheed has produced 5 or 6 F35's for Turkey. SO I wouldn't include Turkey in the Russian camp so soon. The chances of their sabre rattling to die soon, and them moving back to the US camp are very high.

Btw, they need US helicopter engines not only for the Pakistani order, but their own ATAK2 prog as well. Plus they are one of the biggest users of F16's, IF critical support was pulled for them, their Air Force would be seriously handicapped.

Oh, I definitely agree they are in US camp still. They are just upset over the Patriot Missile system dilemma. And then this sale maybe to get something out of Syria?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I wonder why Turkey don't consider Rafael or Eurofighter or Gripen?
You are close. They actually messed up the Paksitani deal for used + new EF's from Italy.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Oh, I definitely agree they are in US camp still. They are just upset over the Patriot Missile system dilemma. And then this sale maybe to get something out of Syria?
Syria it is, for sure. Btw if you remember German Patriot batteries were stationed in Turkey, so now why is it an issue it if they get it themselves. I feel the Turks are not being entirely honest. Something is amiss here.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
sir what options Paf have after EFT . i mean if deal is collapsed
Pls take this question to thePAF Su-35 thread, I will answer there.

Thanks!

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Syria it is, for sure. Btw if you remember German Patriot batteries were stationed in Turkey, so now why is it an issue it if they get it themselves. I feel the Turks are not being entirely honest. Something is amiss here.

It may be that they are going to be at odds with NATO in the future due to the Mediterranean gas drilling dispute. Anyhow, if this deal goes through I'd be really surprised.

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
Can't figure out what & how Khan Sahib is thinking of achieving the fiscal goals & objectives of reforming the economy. He has shunned many offers of help based on very naive and puritanical principles. He needs to be a lot more circumspect about the economy's woes and the burden the common people are feeling because of it. Seems to me that the Armed forces seem to be more aware of the current issues than the civilian leaders. He needs to be circumspect of the burden the weak economy is having on the military's combined modernization plans.

Hope he shapes up his act before things get irreversibly bad.

IK's sense of morals aligns with the west. He spends a great deal of effort ensuring our public perception is well-received in the US and EU. Which is good only as long as it doesn't conflict with our core interests. I feel like he's trampled over our core interests in pursuit of that perception - particularly the (man)handling of Feb 27, NS and the anti-corruption drive in general. The more I see, the more I tend to begrudgingly agree with @Mastankhan. We need him a hawk, not a peacock.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
No news on my end, but when the Qatari Emir visited, one rumor I heard was, in exchange for Nawaz an immediate trnsfr of US$22bn, but IK refused.

Now with Nawaz's health issues, I think Nawaz is in a better position to negotiate.

After all the health minister of Punjab doing daily press conferences, IK tweeting about Nawaz's health, shows GoP is now under pressure to let him go.
Ik's stance has always been that as per the law Nawaz aur Zardari can do a plea bargain and can go free...

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
PakEconomy in its current state is a National Security Threat. COAS tried hard in Noora regime to work on economic front... including FATF as well.. but EconomicTerrorists and EconomicHitman IsaqDollar did the opposite.

Now Londonistan is calling! Fly, fly, fly to Londonistan NooraFamily!

Combined with Billo doing daily dallas against the PakState and GoP going so openly against Pak National Interests just to get Zardari out of the dock...

FazoolMullahMaffia on the March ... for what?

CriminalEnterprise playing with PKR/StockExchange to allow the structural reforms to put PakEconomy back on track... meeting COAS a number of times...

Average annual moneylaundering of $10Bln from Pakistan ..combined with low/high invoicing tactics by the rentniering trading class has sucked PakNation dry.

So you see PakEconomy is National Security Threat in its present form.

GoP has done some fundamental structural reforms and they are moving in the right direciton... though PKR is now heavily undervalued... for reducing/curbbing imports there are other policy instruements which could have been employed... could still be employed... also not borrowing from SBP is great decision by GoP.

A country of 220million with 60% Youth needds an average growth of about 7.5/8% for a decade at least... and it is not impossible at all...

At the moment buying weapon systems is not an issue... We have in the past bought through Friends n Brothers channels...

The Fundamental Strategic Weapon for Pakistan now is PakEconomy and NOT NuclearWeapons or delivery systems... which we have in more than enough numbers.

So, yeah... @Khafee you are right!

Whenever a new government comes in they look towards the Saudia or UAE for cash and oil on deferred payments....But the question is for how long we can carry on like this.....No one is ready to catch the horn by the bull....We need to stand on our own feet....
Corruption and money laundering are biggest culprit of our society.....Traders and businessmen are earning billions but not willing document there businesses, what to say about paying taxes....A country cannot sustain like this for long.....

Parliamentary system is not suited for our country.....We need presidential system, a strong able president can take harsh decisions which are the need of time...

Yousafzai

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Hmm I thought Turkey was going to buy SU-57, why would they be interested in SU-35 as thats a big step down from F35?

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Hmm I thought Turkey was going to buy SU-57, why would they be interested in SU-35 as thats a big step down from F35?
Su-57 Platform is not mature enough, secondly Turkey is already planning on its on stealth aircraft. What they would be interested in is collaboration with Russia, likely in engine manufacturing.