U.S. Army asks 1% boost of woman recruiters | World Defense

U.S. Army asks 1% boost of woman recruiters

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
U.S. Army is really strongly pushing forward opening up the Army to women. On January, 1, 2016, all U.S Army frontline combat units, including special operation forces should be open to women. There may be exemptions and waivers that services may ask, but outside of these waivers, all these units should be open.

But one problem is found by the Major General Jeffrey Snow, in a memo written to the Army personnel officer. Women are 23% better at recruiting women than men, and for that reason, want 1% more of women recruiters each year until 2018 for that reason. For information, 9% of Army's recruiters are women, meanwhile womens are 15% of the ~500,000 U.S. Army soldiers.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Are they sure there are fewer women in the military because there aren't too many female recruiters? Why do they suddenly need more women to join the army?

Take a look at this:

NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR
"It's fairly common knowledge that our population of military-age young men, who qualify for the military, is declining," Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said in an interview with NPR just after the Pentagon announced that women no longer be excluded from ground combat jobs.

Too many potential male recruits have criminal records, drop out of high school or have drug problems. In addition, the rising obesity rate is also a factor.

Dempsey and the joint chiefs looked out to the end of the decade and decided they had to recruit more women.

"As a very practical matter, we decided if in 2020 we're going to need these young ladies, and we're going to need to attract as much diversity and as much talent as we can possibly attract, if that's going to be the case, what are we waiting for?" he said

Will women eventually outnumber men in the military? Maybe.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
The fact will always remain that men and women are not created equally where physical makeup is concerned and certain sections of the army will require the strongest and fitness personnel and many women will not be in that group.

ke gordon

Reactions
12 0 0
Country
USA
U.S. Army is really strongly pushing forward opening up the Army to women. On January, 1, 2016, all U.S Army frontline combat units, including special operation forces should be open to women. There may be exemptions and waivers that services may ask, but outside of these waivers, all these units should be open.

But one problem is found by the Major General Jeffrey Snow, in a memo written to the Army personnel officer. Women are 23% better at recruiting women than men, and for that reason, want 1% more of women recruiters each year until 2018 for that reason. For information, 9% of Army's recruiters are women, meanwhile womens are 15% of the ~500,000 U.S. Army soldiers.
Well, more women recruiters, probably more women overall in the army. I think that this is one reason to get women involved in the recruitment of potential soldiers. Also, more women recruiters are more likely to sign up women soldiers. I am fairly certain about this. So, it is one of the things you can look forward to. Most people need to understand this. I think the army is making a good move with asking for more female recruiters.

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Are they sure there are fewer women in the military because there aren't too many female recruiters? Why do they suddenly need more women to join the army?

Take a look at this:

NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR
"It's fairly common knowledge that our population of military-age young men, who qualify for the military, is declining," Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey said in an interview with NPR just after the Pentagon announced that women no longer be excluded from ground combat jobs.

Too many potential male recruits have criminal records, drop out of high school or have drug problems. In addition, the rising obesity rate is also a factor.

Dempsey and the joint chiefs looked out to the end of the decade and decided they had to recruit more women.

"As a very practical matter, we decided if in 2020 we're going to need these young ladies, and we're going to need to attract as much diversity and as much talent as we can possibly attract, if that's going to be the case, what are we waiting for?" he said

Will women eventually outnumber men in the military? Maybe.
Uh. I wouldn't go ahead and say right away that womens will perhaps outnumber the mens in the Army. We're talking about millions of people and that would be a significant shift. Meanwhile I know Army struggles to find the 55,000 new soldiers they need to find this year, I don't think the situation is as worrisome as shows the article you quoted. It is getting harder, I believe it, but I also thinks it's time for them to get the best elements and skills of the nation doesn't matter their gender, because it would make them stronger.

The fact will always remain that men and women are not created equally where physical makeup is concerned and certain sections of the army will require the strongest and fitness personnel and many women will not be in that group.
That's why they done non-gender specifications, that would be the same for everyone. If you qualify, you qualify, that's all. If they have the required strength, who cares?
That's why they done non-gender specifications, that would be the same for everyone. If you qualify, you qualify, that's all. If they have the required strength, who cares?

Well, more women recruiters, probably more women overall in the army. I think that this is one reason to get women involved in the recruitment of potential soldiers. Also, more women recruiters are more likely to sign up women soldiers. I am fairly certain about this. So, it is one of the things you can look forward to. Most people need to understand this. I think the army is making a good move with asking for more female recruiters.
The problem is why mens are less open to get womens in the Army? Is the problem coming from womens feeling more confident with others womens, or mens being reluctant? Eh.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom

I think so too. Female recruiters will be very keen to get other women on board and female civvies may well feel more confortable speaking to another woman, particularly if they have gender-specific questions.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Uh. I wouldn't go ahead and say right away that womens will perhaps outnumber the mens in the Army. We're talking about millions of people and that would be a significant shift. Meanwhile I know Army struggles to find the 55,000 new soldiers they need to find this year, I don't think the situation is as worrisome as shows the article you quoted. It is getting harder, I believe it, but I also thinks it's time for them to get the best elements and skills of the nation doesn't matter their gender, because it would make them stronger.
It's more like a contingency plan I think. Should men continue to embrace a riotous lifestyle then if more women are enlisted there always will be enough soldiers in the military. But I don't think it will come to that because the military is thinking of building robots to replace soldiers . . .

Super Humans and Killer Robots: How the US Army Envisions Warfare in 2050 | The Diplomat
A new breed of super humans and autonomous combat robots will be two of the key features of the battlefield in 2050, according to a new report summarizing the findings of a U.S. Army-sponsored workshop.

The workshop, held in March 2015 in Maryland, brought together a diverse group of experts to envision the 2050 tactical ground battlefield. Their conclusion: humans will be in the minority on the modern battleground:

A time traveler from today would be immediately taken with the “over-crowding” of the battlefield of 2050 populated by all manner of robots, robots that greatly outnumber human fighters, and robot-looking humans.

Still the stuff of sci-fi though.