UAE and France sign deal for 80 Rafale fighter jets | Page 3 | World Defense

UAE and France sign deal for 80 Rafale fighter jets

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I would be shocked to see the Emiratis gain tech transfer for the Rafale, since the French are very skeptical when it comes to handing out their technology, even their so called "best buddy" India, did not receive Rafale production.
Please see my above post on the M2k-9.

I am beginning to believe a lot of the deals that Qataris, Saudis and Emiratis do are becoming more political than actual "needs". but overall, this good for Dassault, since many people were believing the Rafale was beginning to suck in export contracts
We live in a rough neighborhood, called the Middle East, where having a modern air force is not a luxury but a need. As to how we perform, Red Flag exercises and others are testament to it.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Why sell when air Frame has plenty of life and avionics are upto to standard
The recent M2k-9 upgrades began 2yrs ago. The only issue is their radar, which is overcome by data linking to AWACS or Blk61's.

So until the Rafales achieve FOC, theses Mirages are not going anywhere.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
The recent M2k-9 upgrades began 2yrs ago. The only issue is their radar, which is overcome by data linking to AWACS or Blk61's.

So until the Rafales achieve FOC, theses Mirages are not going anywhere.
Well if PAF is still using Mirages then why would UAE no do so, they are in perfect condition. The only issue that could arise when Rafale comes in are number of pilots.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Well if PAF is still using Mirages then why would UAE no do so,
Can you show me any other respectable air force that has 50yr old, single engine relics as its 2nd tier aircraft?

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you show me any other respectable air force that has 50yr old, single engine relics as its 2nd tier aircraft?

Irony indeed it is, PAF; a respectable force to reckon yet held back in acquisition (in past) by financial constraints.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Irony indeed it is, PAF; a respectable force to reckon yet held back in acquisition (in past) by financial constraints.
I think it was complacency more than financial constraints.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The only issue that could arise when Rafale comes in are number of pilots.
Heard this very same line bfore the Blk60's landed, and yet............

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Heard this very same line bfore the Blk60's landed, and yet............
You are in a better position to answer it, I never meant quality of pilots but quantity. Anyways good to hear that UAE nationals are actively taking part in defense of their country.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
You are in a better position to answer it, I never meant quality of pilots but quantity. Anyways good to hear that UAE nationals are actively taking part in defense of their country.
No issue with quantity either, as a matter of fact since the quality of education has been improving, so has been the pool from which pilots are recruited.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
I think it was complacency more than financial constraints.

Agreed, if my memory serves me right,

The famous idiotic decision of transferring/donating "PAF acquisition fund to 2005 earth quake fund" & the Block 60/61 train being missed. Almighty knows what other such selfish/foolish decisions were taken by the then command. åæ“

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Agreed, if my memory serves me right,

The famous idiotic decision of transferring/donating "PAF acquisition fund to 2005 earth quake fund" & the Block 60/61 train being missed. Almighty knows what other such selfish/foolish decisions were taken by the then command. åæ“
Sometimes people value their reputation, and pension more than their duty to their country. That is when good men falter.

rhinosqdn

Professional
Reactions
237 32 0
Country
Pakistan
Sometimes people value their reputation, and pension more than their duty to their country. That is when good men falter.

In PAF's context, the bulk of decision making surely rests with them, but PA and PM both have a substantial say in it. Either of these parties being unwilling, can shelve any plans.

How the other stake holders react, depends on how PAF sells it to them.