UAVs

Ratings
0 12 0
Country
USA
I am wondering how drones. originally I think established to be a military secret weapon are now in such common use. I mean Amazon to deliver packages, outfitted with guns, by mechanical engineering students. I realize that maybe some of the Boeing or famous maker technology is patenteneted but it didn't take long for civilians to pick up on this.

Ratings
0 2 0
Country
USA
I am a HUGE fan of drones, however, I think they should be used STRICTLY for military use for surveillance, information gathering and perhaps weapons so that loss of human life can be less than with ground "air" forces, but I am certainly not for the wide use of drones by the general public. This is going to lead to awful consequences in a very short time. We are going to begin to see things like interference with air planes, trains, etc. not to mention the capability of some maniac strapping a bomb to it and heading out to who knows where. Who else feels this way? Are they "cool" toys or dangerous potential weapons?

Ratings
0 2 0
Country
USA
Sorry @BLACKEAGLE......somehow I just saw what ke gordon posted and wanted to reply while I had it on my mind.....where will this be moved so I can follow it? Again, sorry:(

Ratings
0 13 0
Country
USA
One thing that can be an issue is if any of the drones malfunction mid-flight. I've heard that Lockheed and Raytheon have been experimenting with nuclear powered mini reactors aboard the military drones. If one of those crash lands, not only would it likely fall into the hands of someone they didn't want it to with that technology...but it could also be a serious radiation hazard and a threat to military and civilian lives if it happens to glitch and fall out (literally) over any major city on its way to being used somewhere.

Are all the current drones still using conventional fuel, or are they already doing this?

BLACKEAGLE

Ratings
10 1,966 0
Country
Jordan