US presidential elections 2016 | News & Update | World Defense

US presidential elections 2016 | News & Update

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
So apparently the big Donald Trump, who has been being praised for months, was finally the biggest loser in the Republican Debate in Detroit. Fox news was all on him, being very brutal (like that should have been for months).

You would assume Donald Trump would be the winner in every debate, however I feel though that Cruz and Rubio have finally found the key to taking him down. They have to start attacking him, and if they had started doing so in the beginning, we would of never had the rise of him.

Cruz and Rubio did a really good job attacking Trump about the entire student loan and education department situation. Hopefully this opened the eyes of his supporters and made them realize some of his policies, and the fact that he doesn't really care about his people.

What are your thoughts? Do you think that Cruz and Rubio will continue attacking Trump in Debates knowing that hes losing his supporters slowly but steadily? Or do you think that they'll wait till the last few and try to get the big banger?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
All news and update about the US presidential elections should be posted here. Don't open a new thread in that regard. This isn't directed to the OP but for all members.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
That was certainly the ugliest, most uncomfortable and yet most satisfying debates so far. Look, there is so much ammo against Trump that he simply cannot "brush aside" these things. I loved it when Rubio said, "You ask him a question about the economy and the first thing he does is go into the little guy thing"

And they didn't ask him about the sexual assault and sexual harassment cases that are on record. One case mentioned by his ex-wife and the other one by his ex-business partner's wife. It is also interesting to note that neither of these women currently deny Trump not having done those things. I know how court proceedings work, they can prove or disprove anything. But, the fact that right now the two women have clearly said that what they had said back then really had happened, is a big deal!

Let's just say Trumpy wumpy is going to have a really tough time going forward.

BTW, I had signed up for Trump University too. But because I'm a cheapskate (and a proud one), I didn't pay them the amount upfront. After about a month, the website locked me out of it. And then I realized that the website had locked out a ton of other people as well! These other people had PAID for the "Trump University" experience. This was around the time the first complaints started surfacing about Trump University. Later I found their whole course on Youtube and when I accessed it, I realized that it wasn't worth even $50. Let alone thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
What justifies a violent protest?

Even though I thought it was great that people came out and protested. I am a little disappointed at the nature of the protests when it comes to Trump. People raising slogans and what not are really common when it comes to politics, but like that guy who jumped the barracade to who knows do what to Trump, really only helped Trump. His supporters even put up content online stating that the Protestors were “fascists”, which was like convicts calling themselves victims. Do you think the violent nature of protests is ever justified?

And then the lune who jumped the barracades - that kind of thing only adds fuel to the fire, don't you think?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Super Tuesday 3: Big wins for Trump, Kasich, Clinton; Rubio drops out
Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump and John Kasich scored significant primary victories Tuesday while a big loss in Florida prompted Marco Rubio to drop his White House bid.

CNN projects that Kasich, the Ohio governor, will win the GOP primary in his home state. The win is his first of the 2016 campaign and represents a speed bump for Republican front-runner Donald Trump by depriving the billionaire of 66 crucial delegates that would have made it easier to reach the magic number of 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination.

Still, Trump won three of the five contests Tuesday: North Carolina, Illinois and the big prize of Florida. The resounding victory in the Sunshine State, which awards 99 delegates, helped force Rubio out of the race after failing to unite the Republican establishment against Trump.

GOP leaders may now look to Kasich as their final chance to unite behind a candidate who could challenge Trump in the event of a contested convention.

"We are all very, very happy," Kasich told CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a telephone interview.

On the Democratic side, Clinton has won the Florida and Ohio primaries -- crucial victories that bolster Clinton's claim that she is her party's only candidate who can win diverse states that will be pivotal in the November general election.

She is also projected to win the North Carolina primary, completing her sweep of Southern states where she has enjoyed strong support from African-American voters.

"We are moving closer to securing the Democratic Party nomination and winning this election in November," Clinton said in a victory speech in West Palm Beach, Florida.

She added that by the end of the night she would have two million more votes than rival Bernie Sanders, and hold a lead of more than 300 in the delegate count.

Rubio drops out

With Rubio's decision to drop out, there are now three Republican candidates remaining in the White House race -- Trump, Kasich and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

In a speech that served as a thinly-veiled rebuke of Trump's campaign tactics, Rubio warned that the politics of division will leave America a "fractured nation."

Primary results: Big wins for Trump, Kasich, Clinton; Rubio drops out - CNNPolitics.com

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Ohio is majority black why would the vote for Clinton who is know for her anti-black slurs.

Ohio is about a little over 1/10th African-American. Hillary actually does really well with African American population. That's partially why she's having divisive victory's across the country. She will beat Sanders and become the democratic nominee. In the US, currently we're choosing the nominees for both our parties, democrat and republican. The general/actual elections haven't begun. It's likely to be Hillary vs. Trump. Trump is actually gathering heavy support, and he has an loyal base.

He is causing panic among the power structure or 'political establishment' in the country. Even though he's had some controversial views, he is getting portion of minority voters as well. Trump is very interesting candidate, you'll understand why in the near future.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Ohio is about a little over 1/10th African-American. Hillary actually does really well with African American population. That's partially why she's having divisive victory's across the country. She will beat Sanders and become the democratic nominee. In the US, currently we're choosing the nominees for both our parties, democrat and republican. The general/actual elections haven't begun. It's likely to be Hillary vs. Trump. Trump is actually gathering heavy support, and he has an loyal base.

He is causing panic among the power structure or 'political establishment' in the country. Even though he's had some controversial views, he is getting portion of minority voters as well. Trump is very interesting candidate, you'll understand why in the near future.

Trump is going to drag the US to everlasting wars. He wants to pick a fight with everyone. I don't think he isn't a wise candidate. He knew nothing about politics.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
African Americans are voting for Hillary because Sanders' base is considered all white. Its about perception. That's why he's been facing protests by BLM people (remember those girls who hijacked his mic?). And Trump is someone they'll never vote for.

Also, its not fair to group them together but the fact is that African Americans are overwhelmingly voting for Hillary.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Trump is going to drag the US to everlasting wars. He wants to pick a fight with everyone. I don't think he isn't a wise candidate. He knew nothing about politics.

Trump is actually the most anti-war candidate available. He seeks to focus on domestic affairs, want's to cut taxes and cut spending. Which makes it impossible to start a war overseas, otherwise the debt will pile up even more.

African Americans are voting for Hillary because Sanders' base is considered all white. Its about perception. That's why he's been facing protests by BLM people (remember those girls who hijacked his mic?). And Trump is someone they'll never vote for.

Also, its not fair to group them together but the fact is that African Americans are overwhelmingly voting for Hillary.

Sander's base is very diverse, he himself is Jewish. He does have some African American vote, he has Arab vote as well. Most of his support comes from young voter base. Hillary brings a continuation of Obama's policies, which is why she's receiving much of African American vote.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Yeah. The problem is that young voters comprise of only 25% of the electorate, which means that the chances of Bernie winning are slim and that is what we're seeing.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Had Trump kept his mouth shut instead of spouting racially derogatory remarks, he would have managed to salvage a portion of Hillary's African-American votes. But the damage is done and many migrants can't forgive him for the verbal faux pas. I understand he wants what's best for America, hoping to bring it back to the top using his "business acumen," but we all know that running a country is not the same as running a business.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Trump is only now starting to understand what politics is. So far, no one had challenged him. But, the moment it became clear that he would be the frontrunner, someone on the democrats side started organizing protests. These protests are way to organized to be jut random occurences.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Trump is only now starting to understand what politics is. So far, no one had challenged him. But, the moment it became clear that he would be the frontrunner, someone on the democrats side started organizing protests. These protests are way to organized to be jut random occurences.

They are funded by Soros, in the coming month they are threatening nation wide 'demonstrations' to prevent all and any Trump rallies. We could see slightly more violence as a result of that. It will make Trump more popular, if the left is confident Hillary could beat him, then what use do these demonstrations have?