US strikes militia bases in Iraq and Syria | Page 2 | World Defense

US strikes militia bases in Iraq and Syria

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
But, don't you think it's funny that Iran keeps backing down? It tells you about their intentions which I described in my posts that you consider 'going off course'. Iran opposes and incites opposition to Gulf states or other political movements in the region on basis of them not standing up to Israel or US influence. It wants to overthrow some governments or end some political movements because they're preventing resistance against Israel or the US. But they never engage in skirmishes with Israel or the US. They have an opportunity to now, even through their proxies.

The reason I bring this up is because you can't justify wrongdoing against others on basis of them not opposing Israel/the US when you(Iran axis) are no more active than they are against them. If you don't seek to engage with the US or Israel then don't feed those notions to domestic population as a way to establish a hegemony in the region. In the end they just back down and give a different excuse every time.

They claim to be at the forefront of resisting the US and Israel but when push comes to shove they say things like Iran is playing the long game or some other excuse. Iran is indeed playing the long game for Iranian hegemony, and not out of intent to 'resist US and Israel'. If they are honest about their intentions then you can say they are acting out of their interests and it makes no sense for them to fight wars. In the time being, they still use it as an crusade against other Arab states to justify their activity against them.

I don't like hypocritical people who work to deceive otherwise uninformed domestic populaces, which includes all those I listed in the previous posts.

You often overlook Iraq's complex political system and its neutral stance between Iran and the US. Iraq works closely with the US as well on all levels including military operations whilst having ties with Iran.

If PMU was to retaliate to this attack it would only benefit Iran as the US would respond back, again and again, creating anger amongst Iraqis and draw wider support for the idea in Iraqi parliament to expel US forces, which is the main thing Iran is aiming for; cutting the US-Iraqi ties as that is what stands in Iran's way.

In Iraq, Iran remains behind the US which still has the upper hand when it comes to influencing. In the end, ISOF and the army remain the largest and strongest military force in the country and they happen to be aligned closer to the US than to Iran. US removal from Iraq would not benefit us as that would enable Iran for further influence in the country, and they indeed seek hegemony over us they do not see us as their equals or their partners. I am not concerned with what Iran wants, i'm looking from Iraq's POV and Iraq's interests. Obviously Iran won't get itself hurt for Iraq, they'll just turn us into a battleground between them and the US for all they want, many Iraqis are aware of this and the majority put their country first as you can see in the protests.
wil
Arab states have for long had a very weak policy in the region, pre-2014 (before the major growth of ISIS). Iraq did not have a PMU, all those militia groups were disbanded by 2008/2009. The Iraqi army was the main military force that was demonized by Arab states media and tagged 'Quwwat al Maliki'. They no longer do this as they realize the alternative would be a far more, actual pro-Iran group (PMU elements), how they could not foresee that is a major failure. Today, with the army largely rebuilt and the PMU having been centralized to a certain degree, placed under gov control. It remains a task that is yet to be completed given all the obstacles in the way, certainly it's not our interests to fight the US.

The GCC is also very inactive in Baghdad whilst they could actively draw the country away from Iran's allied parties, for example, Al-Sadr met MBS a year or two ago as he has completely changed his stance towards a nationalist one and opposes the Fatah coalition(Pro IRGC). The policy of ignoring was tried, it does not work either does the policy of supporting internal enemies do anything as the country has gone through that and survived many attempts already. In fact, it has only solidified Iran's position further as we saw other neighbors standing against the state. The country has been experiencing a resurgence of nationalism as people have grown tired of the religious factions, all meddling or attacks on local troops will be seen as hostile by the general public, which is why again.. Iran wants to see the US striking the PMU. The fuel of these forces is to draw the image that they are constantly being cornered and have to resist this enemy, Iran today has more influence in Iraq than it did before 2014 thanks to the vacuum of the Iraqi army collapse of 2014/2015. Yet some "experts" actually think it would help to abandon the army, all I have to say is lol.

Berke2

Reactions
280 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Asalaamualaykum bro, it isn't good to call these people atheists, they are evil men definitely but saying they are not Muslim is a big deal. Remember it is dangerous to do this and it isn't up to us laymen who call the big players atheists.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
You often overlook Iraq's complex political system and its neutral stance between Iran and the US. Iraq works closely with the US as well on all levels including military operations whilst having ties with Iran.

If PMU was to retaliate to this attack it would only benefit Iran as the US would respond back, again and again, creating anger amongst Iraqis and draw wider support for the idea in Iraqi parliament to expel US forces, which is the main thing Iran is aiming for; cutting the US-Iraqi ties as that is what stands in Iran's way.

In Iraq, Iran remains behind the US which still has the upper hand when it comes to influencing. In the end, ISOF and the army remain the largest and strongest military force in the country and they happen to be aligned closer to the US than to Iran. US removal from Iraq would not benefit us as that would enable Iran for further influence in the country, and they indeed seek hegemony over us they do not see us as their equals or their partners. I am not concerned with what Iran wants, i'm looking from Iraq's POV and Iraq's interests. Obviously Iran won't get itself hurt for Iraq, they'll just turn us into a battleground between them and the US for all they want, many Iraqis are aware of this and the majority put their country first as you can see in the protests.
wil
Arab states have for long had a very weak policy in the region, pre-2014 (before the major growth of ISIS). Iraq did not have a PMU, all those militia groups were disbanded by 2008/2009. The Iraqi army was the main military force that was demonized by Arab states media and tagged 'Quwwat al Maliki'. They no longer do this as they realize the alternative would be a far more, actual pro-Iran group (PMU elements), how they could not foresee that is a major failure. Today, with the army largely rebuilt and the PMU having been centralized to a certain degree, placed under gov control. It remains a task that is yet to be completed given all the obstacles in the way, certainly it's not our interests to fight the US.

The GCC is also very inactive in Baghdad whilst they could actively draw the country away from Iran's allied parties, for example, Al-Sadr met MBS a year or two ago as he has completely changed his stance towards a nationalist one and opposes the Fatah coalition(Pro IRGC). The policy of ignoring was tried, it does not work either does the policy of supporting internal enemies do anything as the country has gone through that and survived many attempts already. In fact, it has only solidified Iran's position further as we saw other neighbors standing against the state. The country has been experiencing a resurgence of nationalism as people have grown tired of the religious factions, all meddling or attacks on local troops will be seen as hostile by the general public, which is why again.. Iran wants to see the US striking the PMU. The fuel of these forces is to draw the image that they are constantly being cornered and have to resist this enemy, Iran today has more influence in Iraq than it did before 2014 thanks to the vacuum of the Iraqi army collapse of 2014/2015. Yet some "experts" actually think it would help to abandon the army, all I have to say is lol.

You're not understanding my posts.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Asalaamualaykum bro, it isn't good to call these people atheists, they are evil men definitely but saying they are not Muslim is a big deal. Remember it is dangerous to do this and it isn't up to us laymen who call the big players atheists.

Appreciate the advice but some of them definitely are.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country

^^

These sanctions are mostly likely targeting individuals and won't bring anything new to the table. The sanctions on Iraq during Saddam's era were many times worse than the sanctions on Iran.

The US and Israel do not want regime change in Iran, why is that? It can't be that way unless they have understandings with each other(Iran/Israel/US). I believe these understandings is that Iran gets some Arab territories in the Gulf and Israel gets Gaza/West Bank/Part of Sinai in the upcoming war.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Well looks like this chapter is over. Iran and its allies in Iraq tried to make some moves to pressure US regarding nuclear deal and to derail the protest movement but it seems like the US took that card away from them for the time being. US seems ready to launch more air strikes at any given moment even if the KH response is minor.

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
This only pushes Iraq, and the entire Iraqi security forces more towards Iran. Destroying the current US-Iraqi military friendly ties. I'm surprised people after all these years don't see how Iran is not going to be damaged from any of this, they will benefit out of it.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
This only pushes Iraq, and the entire Iraqi security forces more towards Iran. Destroying the current US-Iraqi military friendly ties. I'm surprised people after all these years don't see how Iran is not going to be damaged from any of this, they will benefit out of it.

I think the relationship is off because of the ongoing protests and US calls on Iraqi gov't to allow the people to demonstrate and meet their demands. Whichever way you put it the Iraqi gov't under AbdelMahdi is pro-Iran and has allowed some of those militias to crackdown on demonstrators. Of course some protesters stormed their offices to express frustration with their targeting of Iraqi activists, the most recent one being two days ago.

AbdelMahdi says he resigned but is still assuming responsibilities and his new candidate for PM is rejected by the demonstrators.

Then you have Iraqi security forces allowing these militias to fire albeit mostly primitive rockets near military bases and Green Zone in order to help Iran pressure the US to remove the more severe sanctions and in order to derail the protests/paint them as traitors.

Nobody was expecting the US to do air strikes and kill 25 of their members though. The first being Iran and KH who are too cowardly to actually respond in a military fashion. Since they are corrupt to the core and don't want to die for their cause which is just assuming more influence/wealth. So of course they go to the embassy to throw on a girly fit and will tell their supporters that is their 'response' and move on cracking down on the protestors(the weak) without angering the US.

That's partially why I can't stand these people and their supporters who have no shame.

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
I think the relationship is off because of the ongoing protests and US calls on Iraqi gov't to allow the people to demonstrate and meet their demands. Whichever way you put it the Iraqi gov't under AbdelMahdi is pro-Iran and has allowed some of those militias to crackdown on demonstrators. Of course some protesters stormed their offices to express frustration with their targeting of Iraqi activists, the most recent one being two days ago.

AbdelMahdi says he resigned but is still assuming responsibilities and his new candidate for PM is rejected by the demonstrators.

Nobody was expecting the US to do air strikes and kill 25 of their members though. The first being Iran and KH who are too cowardly to actually respond in a military fashion. Since they are corrupt to the core and don't want to die for their cause which is just assuming more influence/wealth. So of course they go to the embassy to throw on a girly fit and will tell their supporters that is their 'response' and move on cracking down on the protestors(the weak) without angering the US.

That's partially why I can't stand these people and their supporters who have no shame.

You always happen to forget that one important thing, they would have to clash with the Iraqi army before they can attack American troops and they're not willing to escalate it that far. The only American presence in Iraq is on a handful number of major airbases, Taiji army base and the US embassy. All are under army control with no PMU presence, they won't be able to get in without clashing with the army first.

A new suggestion for PM is Abdul Ghani al Assadi, retired ISOF military commander and would be accepted by the protesters.

Doritos11

Reactions
28 2 0
Country
Iraq
But the Iran aligned group won't like him due to this close ties to the US military. Either way in the end, the US and Iran are both outsiders and have historically been hostile to us. Iraq is xenophobic and they hate most of their neighbors, they're not waiting for your advise either.

Last edited:

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
You always happen to forget that one important thing, they would have to clash with the Iraqi army before they can attack American troops and they're not willing to escalate it that far. The only American presence in Iraq is on a handful number of major airbases, Taiji army base and the US embassy. All are under army control with no PMU presence, they won't be able to get in without clashing with the army first.

A new suggestion for PM is Abdul Ghani al Assadi, retired ISOF military commander and would be accepted by the protesters.

I see, so are you guys going to do new elections soon?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Some Air Force(possibly US) struck two cars near Baghdad airport. Hezbollah affiliate channel Al Mayadeen is saying it was IRGC chief Qassem Solemiane and Iraqi KH leader Abu Mahdi Almuhandis.

That's a big deal for Iran if the news is true. I don't think anyone expected the US to take it that far.