UTOPIA AND WORLD PEACE | World Defense

UTOPIA AND WORLD PEACE

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
Wouldnt it be great to know that we live in a peace filled world with no war and no greed. We could all live epacefully in harmony and argue about nothing but insignificant things instead of war and who has lost the most lives.
I find that war is useless and the loss of lives is unecessary even though they do fight for someone elses cause but why should thre be war, why dont we take a stand as a world to find peace?

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's a difficult question because in a world with more than 6 billion people there will always be someone fighting. I think if we were less judgemental and more tolerant of the problems of others we could all get along and grow as one big community.

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
Wouldnt it be great to know that we live in a peace filled world with no war and no greed. We could all live epacefully in harmony and argue about nothing but insignificant things instead of war and who has lost the most lives.
I find that war is useless and the loss of lives is unecessary even though they do fight for someone elses cause but why should thre be war, why dont we take a stand as a world to find peace?

That would be the perfect world we would be living in. The problem with humanity is selfishness. They are those who will never be happy if they are equal with everyone else. They believe that they should have what others have; they will walk all over others to get it. Wars have been part of humanity; we can only hope that someday things could change.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines

You just can't tell that war is useless, doing so lambasts those lives of heroes who dedicated themselves to war and get killed. War is brought upon the differences in the beliefs and people die because they hold principles in which they live. It's the battle of beliefs and principles that spring up war. And every great humans, artists, scientists, leaders, nuns and priests did and do hold one, that they brought along their deaths. I think having principles is what make the most of our being human.

mylindaelliott

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA

I agree it would be a wonderful world. I suspect it won't happen until there is a world wide issue that requires everyone's attention to solve in some way. At this point I can't even imagine what that might be.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
Because its not us who is at war, it is the people we vote into office, who are pawns on the tables of the Military industrial complex, the weapons manufacturers, the energy companies and the banks. We can not eliminate war because we dont have a say in when we go to war or what we are going to war for. The people deciding what happens are paid for their vote to make something happen, we have countries selling weapons to both sides a conflict. I would love a world where poverty, famine, war, and ignorance did not exist but i am afraid as long as humans occupy earth we will always have these things.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Because its not us who is at war, it is the people we vote into office, who are pawns on the tables of the Military industrial complex, the weapons manufacturers, the energy companies and the banks. We can not eliminate war because we dont have a say in when we go to war or what we are going to war for. The people deciding what happens are paid for their vote to make something happen, we have countries selling weapons to both sides a conflict. I would love a world where poverty, famine, war, and ignorance did not exist but i am afraid as long as humans occupy earth we will always have these things.

I think you are right. Although I do not believe that war will always be a part of human civilisation. Perhaps one day we will all become one big community to fight a much more important problem (e.g. global warming, floods etc).

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
All of us want world peace, but sadly that is impossible. We kill each other over money, gas(money), oil(money), religion(money). It honestly all comes down to money. Until we learn to value lives more than we value money, and as soon as we learn to agree to disagree, we will not have world peace. I've seen toddlers negotiate with each other more reasonably and peacefully than the leaders of countries. It is ridiculous how many lives have been lost over a dispute that could've easily been solved with words.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
unf
I think you are right. Although I do not believe that war will always be a part of human civilisation. Perhaps one day we will all become one big community to fight a much more important problem (e.g. global warming, floods etc).
Unfortunately war has always been pat of civilization. From the beginning of time people fought over something, land, religion, products, services, intelligence. We as a people have spent more time killing each other than helping each other. I think that is the real problem, to much killing not enough loving.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
unf

Unfortunately war has always been pat of civilization. From the beginning of time people fought over something, land, religion, products, services, intelligence. We as a people have spent more time killing each other than helping each other. I think that is the real problem, to much killing not enough loving.
That is very true. I think a lot of the killing is a result of few opportunities and mental health issues. If we helped each other more there would be no killing.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's a nice idea but would never happen. Some things are just human nature and this does include having principles and values. Whether these values are right or wrong is another matter and this is where war starts up.

Besides, it would be a very boring world if we were all the same. Our differences are what make us.

RobertNick

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Romania
A utopia is impossible to exist.

Utopia normally means a heaven-like place where everybody is happy and peaceful, and have everything in the world.

Humans may dream of this type of society, but actually, they do not want it.

Come to think of it. In utopia, everybody is happy. All we want is just us happy, everybody else have to be sad.

Many of us want an exciting life, life full of thrills, excitement, etc. This is not possible without a rush of blood, which usually comes from the wrong things, and we end up hurting others for our excitement. Utopian society will be boring for such people.

Human inequality mentality is evident from the games he plays. Most of the games have winners and losers. In utopia, all are winners, which may make the game dull. We don't want that, do we?

Utopia is impossible. Nature does not permit it. In utopia, there is no loss of life. No killings. If there are no killings, we cannot have food. Death is necessary for survival. If utopia doesn't permit death, how can we live?

Utopia resides in a person's mind, it cannot be possible in the real world. It should not be. So try to make your mind as healthy and full of good thoughts for yourself and for others. That is utopia for you.

Sklauda1

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
One's utopia is another's Hell. We are imperfect creatures who are constantly evolving. For evolution to occur, there must be imperfections. This also means society has to be imperfect. Some people crave a good debate or argument. It challenges our minds. We as human beings want to be different, so there will always be rebellion.

This is why every utopia is literature is a distopia. We have to pretend that everything is okay, but in reality, everyone is silenced and kept under control. The only ones who are happy are those who are higher up.

starshine

Reactions
34 1 0
Country
Canada
War is a multi billion dollars industry. Good luck convincing anyone to let go of that; money at home is worth more than the lives loss in the conflicts of foreign countries for people in power. It is what gets them reelected. And fear of war and tension makes it easier for them to get leeway, to manipulate the population to give in to certain standards. In this, many animals probably are more evolved than us. They might kill each other for food, or battle each other in the quest for love (and domination), but so many animal species don't need to start wars for trivial reasons.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
We can all aspire to an ideal world but people will always find a reason to fight against each other. It's human nature. Regardless of creed, color or cast there will be instances of an imbalance of power and that will be reason enough for warfare. Sad but true.