War against ISIS | Page 4 | World Defense

War against ISIS

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I have just thought of something that might put a brake on the Daesh. They have a lot of weapons, right? Where did they get all these weapons? Most of the weapons they have, are captured from the places they over-ran. So, if the US and its allies keep on sending more weapons to the region, there is every chance that these weapons will end up in the hands of Daesh.

So stop sending weapons? Yes, stop sending conventional weapons. Then what are we going to use to fight the Daesh? We will fight them with drones. Both flying drones and drones that move on land. Drones can kill, there is no doubt about it. However, a captured drone cannot be easily used by its captors, unlike conventional weapons. A drone can only be controlled from its console. Plus a drone can be programmed to self-destruct effectively turning them into suicide bombers as a last resort.

Ckm32UG.png

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I have just thought of something that might put a brake on the Daesh. They have a lot of weapons, right? Where did they get all these weapons? Most of the weapons they have, are captured from the places they over-ran. So, if the US and its allies keep on sending more weapons to the region, there is every chance that these weapons will end up in the hands of Daesh.

So stop sending weapons? Yes, stop sending conventional weapons. Then what are we going to use to fight the Daesh? We will fight them with drones. Both flying drones and drones that move on land. Drones can kill, there is no doubt about it. However, a captured drone cannot be easily used by its captors, unlike conventional weapons. A drone can only be controlled from its console. Plus a drone can be programmed to self-destruct effectively turning them into suicide bombers as a last resort.

Ckm32UG.png
True, Drones do make a better fighting mechanism than sending weaponry only to ultimately end up in the hands of the terror group. The US and its allies has the compromising position to come together, fight , and eradicate the group all together. The task won't be easy but it is necessarily worth the fight. I understand that there are even some US citizens who want to be a part of the terror group. What a disgrace! In essence, the world can't afford to sit by and let Da'esh rule anything that they've captured, not a drop! This is a great responsibility!

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
The US and its allies has the compromising position to come together, fight , and eradicate the group all together.

To win against the Daesh, we must ultimately put boots on the ground. The US does not want to commit itself in this way, which is understandable, considering what happened when they put boots on the ground. Sending in the drones is, technically, not putting boots on the grounds. It's not that much different from sending military advisers, as the US is already doing.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
It makes one wonder, doesn't it? There are supposed to be intelligent people in the US who form think-tanks to think about how things should be done. Don't they have enough intelligence to figure out that what the US has done so far, in military tactics, is not producing the desired results?
I'm not sure if the US is putting enough effort into stopping ISIS. This could all be a setup by the ones we think are on our side. I'm sure ISIS has ties with the US and the British. Another false flag is probably on it's way, and what Arab nation are they going to link this one to?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Another false flag is probably on it's way
You think this is another version of the WMD thing? Just another build-up to a pretext to send in the troops? Aren't the US people getting tired of sending their young men to die in far-away lands fighting other peoples' wars?

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
One of the assumptions this article makes is that the US spends billions on military technology for national security or any practical use. This is incorrect, consider the Military-Industrial Complex. A monetary relationship that exists between legislators, the armed forces and the private arms industry. War is profitable. While finding a answer to problems that actively result in casualties in the field does save lives, it does not provide much monetary incentive.
A agree it's a lot of money to be made in war, although it may appear that it cost, but like any investment it takes money to make money. Controlling people and resources is a long term goal that will bring back every dollar spend and plenty more.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
LOL, Arab regimes have no choice but surrender. This Caliphate is prophescized in Islam. And Prophet told us God would send such men. And a large group of Muslims will claim that they don't represent Islam. Of course those Muslims are ones who are drunkard adulterous seculars.

Surrender now, you have seen nothing. Once King Abdullah passes, they will fight over throne. Muhammad will emerge and be attacked. He will get supporters from the Mashriq, which is much of eastern areas. And they will migrate to a city somewhere in this vicnity or possible in Middle East. That's when Palestinians will liberate their land while this army of Mahdi will be invaded by coalition in this land and there will be two wars. One will be stalemate, second will be victory.

Prophet also told us our community won't last more than 1500 years(Meanign end of world). Some Hadiths specificy that last century of Islamic calender, count three decades after and expect Mahdi to emerge. We are expecting him to emerge before 2020. This is over 1400 years since prophethood. Meaning this has to be last century. And we know 9 years with Mahdi, plus rule of Jesus as Caliph where he may be married. Until wind which takes lives of believers. Rest of people will be kept on earth until judgement day. So that is 40 years in itself or more.

Arabs need to use their brains a little. They need to forget Arab nationalism and realize what is right and wrong. God is not going to support your leaders who promote wrong things and don't implement Islam as foundation of society. We all know how much immoral things are occuring in Arab nations. Even in saudi Arabia, the adults here know what happens behind scenes. God is going to support those who strive for his state and way of life ordained upon us. Even if you don't like it. You forgot meaning of life...on judgement day all these people/leaders will be shocked. God will ask them why did you prevent Islam(the truth) from the earth. Why did you fight against it. Didn't you remember what I revealed to you? About life's purpose? You called this people criminals but what good did you do?

There is ideological struggle in world. One is captilist, globalist, immoral, unjust system which promotes immorality in every sense. Just look at teenage lifestyle nowadays. Other is Islamic, moral system which fights for justice and vows to return God's command on all land. And you are responsible to support this as well. And you will be asked what role in your life did you play. You actively have to struggle for it.

People are delusional if they believe God wills that they just do whatever they wish and world can be secular/immoral and still be loved by God. No, you are absolutely wrong. Universe belongs to creator and what Islamists are doing now is trying to give victory to truth which God ordained on humans. And God will open on them and bless them.

You can't prevent will of God.

Last edited:

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think they bought all that. It's a mixed bag. Some they bought. Some were gifted to them. Some they stole. Whatever. It all adds up to a pretty lethal arsenal. I think the US should stop using conventional arms in the Middle-East. A machinegun, for example, can be used equally well by a friendly soldier or an enemy soldier. Perhaps it's time to send drones, both airborne and landbased. A drone only works from its control console which can be 1000s of kilometres from the battlefield. And drones can be programmed to self-destruct.

w92AHyZ.jpg

Oh my. But yeah I see your point here. ISIS have pretty well off members too so it is indeed not impossible they get some of it as gifts and probably even from their members own pocket. The US should amp up their game with this one.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Good question about NATO. Looks very similar to Afghanistan after the U.S. left in the 1980s. The weapons technology they have at their disposal is very dangerous.
NATO and the UNITED NATIONS have taken no stance on ISIS. They are in the same boat as everyone else, denounce their actions but not do anything about it.

Jakarri Demery

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
So let's all make a resolution to stop calling them by the wrong name. Call them by the right name. Call them Daesh. They are Daesh. Why call them anything but Daesh?
Thanks for the reply I will make a mental note of that. I never knew this. I learn something new everyday.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Thanks for the reply I will make a mental note of that. I never knew this. I learn something new everyday.

Don't make it the kind of mental note that you put away in your mind. Make it a mental note like a sticky post. Mentally stick that on your computer screen. See it everytime you want to refer to these people. Don't call them Islamic. Don't call them a state. Call them Daesh.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
This is just my two cents so I could be wrong in my estimates but intuition tells me they'll be expanding to neighboring countries like Algeria and Egypt, who knows even Sudan. It's too early to tell but neighbors with equally chaotic surroundings will inevitably be dragged into their activities. They might even send people to brainwash the PLO and other nearby insurgent groups.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I wonder where ISIS got its funding and/or donations. Those weapons aren't much to brag about but they can inflict a great deal of damage to civilians and fledgling towns. Still I wouldn't say they're the best of the bunch. That the transport of such arms could pass through customs unnoticed implies that some highly influential country, person or organization is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
They will. That much I am sure. So it's time to send books and not bombs. We must start with the fringe countries which are more moderate. Send teachers, not soldiers. We need to empower the people in that region with more knowledge about the world. Ignorant people are the easiest to influence. People who can think for themselves is our best defence against the Daesh.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Oil prices indeed keep dropping and it is kind of a scary thing where that would lead when it comes to the involvement of these terrorists. I hope they won't be taking over third world countries and build an empire there since the area is cheap and they still have their resources to make a certain 3rd world country jump start their economy. I don't know but I think it's possible.

According to another thread I just replied to, ISIS released a map that shows their plan to expand all the way into Western China. They are looking at establishing an extremely large caliphate. I'm not sure where you are going with the 3rd world country scenario other than it's easier to overtake a 3rd world country.