War against ISIS | Page 2 | World Defense

War against ISIS

Jakarri Demery

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
There's a post out there on the web right now with Fidel Castro explaining in a Cuban newspaper how the U.S and Nato created ISIS. It's an interesting read. The guy isn't nuts as the CIA has led many to believe. I would post the link, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that.

Jakarri Demery

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I would suppose they'll still be lingering around like the taliban. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't still be around. They're a loose knit group. Just can't wipe them out and hope they never come back again.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Come on, it had to be by mistake, I can't believe that they are selling weapons to the IS and at the same time fighting against them... that would be just too weird!

I can. Business is business. As long as the Daesh can pay, someone will sell to them. Businessmen, especially arms manufacturers, do not seem like people who care much about political questions. Their main objective is to make money.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
If the price of oil keeps on dropping, by this time next year, the Daesh will be getting a lot less money from their sale of oil on the black market. We must remember that oil sales on the black market is always below the market price, in the first place. With less money and the prospect of getting even less as each day goes by, plus the growing need for more money, as the Daesh expands the territory under their control, by this time next year, the Daesh could very well be already past history because they cannot continue their war without money.

Jakarri Demery

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
If the price of oil keeps on dropping, by this time next year, the Daesh will be getting a lot less money from their sale of oil on the black market..

Sorry, but what is Daesh? I've seen you refer to it a couple of times. Just curious.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
It's an Arabic acronym for the Islamic State. They seem to dislike being called by this name, which for me and a lot of people, is all the more reason to use it.

Right. It's their real name. And it's a lot more accurate to call them Daesh than what we are calling them now. Reason being that they are neither Islamic nor are they a state. Calling them Islamic or calling them a state is giving them a false legitimacy. I think we should launch a world-wide campaign to call them Daesh. That's the least we can do to fight them. We are, generally speaking, not able to take up arms and go over there to fight them. However, there is nothing to stop us calling them Daesh. And encouraging other people to call them Daesh.

Can we do that?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
It makes one wonder, doesn't it? There are supposed to be intelligent people in the US who form think-tanks to think about how things should be done. Don't they have enough intelligence to figure out that what the US has done so far, in military tactics, is not producing the desired results?

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
Reason being that they are neither Islamic nor are they a state.

I agree. Now that I think of it, calling them the Islamic State and obliging their frequent name changes, which reflect their territorial ambitions, has contributed to their propaganda and possibly even created an undesirable image in the minds of the youth. It would be better to ignore their radical ideology and not publicize it as if it was legitimate.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
The Daesh "airforce" is a joke at this point, but it does demonstrate their intention to diversify their arsenal. It's only a matter of time before they start acquiring weapons on the scale of a small country instead of a terrorist outfit. The only question is what chain of events will lead to that.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
One of the assumptions this article makes is that the US spends billions on military technology for national security or any practical use. This is incorrect, consider the Military-Industrial Complex. A monetary relationship that exists between legislators, the armed forces and the private arms industry. War is profitable. While finding a answer to problems that actively result in casualties in the field does save lives, it does not provide much monetary incentive.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
One of the assumptions this article makes is that the US spends billions on military technology for national security or any practical use. This is incorrect

Are you saying that those billions are spent just to make the people who spent it richer? If so, that may explain some of the things that don't add up about US military strategy.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
The only question is what chain of events will lead to that.

I think we may find the answer if we look at the military equipment being purchased by the countries in the Middle-East. Sooner or later, those newly-purchased military hardware will end up in the hands of the Daesh, as have happened before. And let's not assume that they don't have people who can fly warplanes.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
So let's all make a resolution to stop calling them by the wrong name. Call them by the right name. Call them Daesh. They are Daesh. Why call them anything but Daesh?

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yesterday I read an article for Worldtribion that said US strikes destroyed 2,500 tanks ,humvees armored vechiles and howitzers from ISIS equipments .

It's just need more time until they lose their weapons then I'm sure ISIS will fight with Camels .|0|