Was PAF being trapped to shoot down an Indian commercial airliner? | World Defense

Was PAF being trapped to shoot down an Indian commercial airliner?

MystryMan

Reactions
106 1 0
Country
Pakistan

good analysis by Dr. Moeed, relating with other historical shoot downs.
the important point to note is that the passenger plane was going to Kabul and the dates were very near to the UNGA session (creating another story so that Kashmir story on the backburner). So if shot down India and Afghan team up to put blame on Pak or maybe take some joint action against Pak. Anyway, we would get bad PR.

Also the yesterday's meeting of PM IK with journos he said that India can still try Pulwama type false flag to blame Pak and take action. He said we have pre-empted it one time already but chances still there that India will try again.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

the important point to note is that the passenger plane was going to Kabul and the dates were very near to the UNGA session (creating another story so that Kashmir story on the backburner). So if shot down India and Afghan team up to put blame on Pak or maybe take some joint action against Pak. Anyway, we would get bad PR.

Also the yesterday's meeting of PM IK with journos he said that India can still try Pulwama type false flag to blame Pak and take action. He said we have pre-empted it one time already but chances still there that India will try again.

Hi,

Has pakistan air traffic control released a recording of the conversation between the indian pilot and pakistani air traffic control---.

If not---then it is a lie---and if the air traffic control does not have recording system---then the the head of them dept should be shot---.

MystryMan

Reactions
106 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Has pakistan air traffic control released a recording of the conversation between the indian pilot and pakistani air traffic control---.

If not---then it is a lie---and if the air traffic control does not have recording system---then the the head of them dept should be shot---.
Usually, its recorded. But I don't have any info about its release.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi,

Very valid point!

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

As per the Indians this was a bureaucratic mistake at their end....

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
As per the Indians this was a bureaucratic mistake at their end....

Hi,

The question again---did pakistan air traffic control release recordings of the conversation.

1. did they record the conversation

2. if not then why the conversations are not recorded

3. if it was recorded then what happened to the recording

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

The question again---did pakistan air traffic control release recordings of the conversation.

Off course there would be a recording. This incident happened in first week of Sep, news was only leaked few days back.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Off course there would be a recording. This incident happened in first week of Sep, news was only leaked few days back.

Than why are they reluctant to publicize it? Are they afraid of Indian reaction or trying to please some one in political setup?

In normal world, Indian airliners shouldn't have been flying in Pakistan airspace, at all.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Than why are they reluctant to publicize it? Are they afraid of Indian reaction or trying to please some one in political setup?

In normal world, Indian airliners shouldn't have been flying in Pakistan airspace, at all.
Pakistan has not closed the airspace for commercial flights for India. What do you mean by reluctant? India has already admitted (which I am sure they are lying) that it was a bureaucratic mistake at their end as they still have a old manual system that assign traffic codes to planes.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Hi,

Sir as i recall, and i could very well be wrong since what i am quoting is something i read somewhere.
Spicejet was having some sort of military code(?), was intercepted by AF instead of civilian ATC, and as we are familiar with our military, releasing proofs / pics very late (27feb example - 6sep interview), we can not expect the messages IF recorded soon

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Sir as i recall, and i could very well be wrong since what i am quoting is something i read somewhere.
Spicejet was having some sort of military code(?), was intercepted by AF instead of civilian ATC, and as we are familiar with our military, releasing proofs / pics very late (27feb example - 6sep interview), we can not expect the messages IF recorded soon

Hi,

Go to youtube and check out videos of communication with air traffic control and flying aircraft---.

Every conversation in the air traffic control tower is recorded by default---.

When accidents happen---they don't say---I am going to happen start the recording---.

So---why is the recording not released by pakistan---.

Last edited:

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

This Dr. Moeed makes quite childish but OK videos on thunder. Sometimes his video titles give me a laugh

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

All major Pakistani airports have ADS-B which is a non vocal automatic system.
The aircraft periodically transmits it's position and identity to all ADS-B compliant receivers in the area.
That is recorded as an automated tag on the civil aviation or any other compliant Air surveillance radar.
If the ADS-B of the aircraft is programmed wrong, it will transmit wrong identity and will be tagged wrongly on air surveillance radar. No voice communication required.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
All major Pakistani airports have ADS-B which is a non vocal automatic system.
The aircraft periodically transmits it's position and identity to all ADS-B compliant receivers in the area.
That is recorded as an automated tag on the civil aviation or any other compliant Air surveillance radar.
If the ADS-B of the aircraft is programmed wrong, it will transmit wrong identity and will be tagged wrongly on air surveillance radar. No voice communication required.

Hi,

I asked for an actual response---do you know that answer---?

I asked about the conversation of indian aircraft pilot talking to pakistan air traffic control---.

I am not talking abut periodic electronic response---did it say anywhere in my comments---.

Pilots talk to air traffic control---.

Pilots are handed over from one traffic control over to another when passing thru one jurisdiction to the other---. That is the recording I am asking for---.

I.R.A

Reactions
1,349 73 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I asked for an actual response---do you know that answer---?

I asked about the conversation of indian aircraft pilot talking to pakistan air traffic control---.

I am not talking abut periodic electronic response---did it say anywhere in my comments---.

Pilots talk to air traffic control---.

Pilots are handed over from one traffic control over to another when passing thru one jurisdiction to the other---. That is the recording I am asking for---.

Hello sir, what had happened when a hijacked indian airliner tried to land in Pakistan, back in commando's tenure?