What a disgrace, Arab League denounces Turkish troop deployment in Iraq | World Defense

What a disgrace, Arab League denounces Turkish troop deployment in Iraq

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Cairo (AFP) - Arab foreign ministers condemned on Thursday a Turkish military deployment in Iraq as an "assault" on the country's sovereignty, demanding Ankara withdraw the forces.

The Turkish deployment "is an assault on Iraqi sovereignty and a threat to Arab national security," they said in an Arab League statement after meeting at the pan-Arab bloc's Cairo headquarters.

Arab League deputy chief Ahmed Ben Heli read out the statement at a press conference, in which he added that the Turkish troops "increased tumult in the region."

Turkey announced on Saturday that it had begun withdrawing troops in a bid to de-escalate a bitter row with Baghdad and following a call from US President Barack Obama.

Earlier this month, Turkey deployed troops to a base in Nineveh province where it has a long-running training programme for forces battling the Islamic State jihadist group.

But at the Cairo meeting, Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari said Turkey has insisted on "using the term 'redeployment'".

"They (the troops) would be relocated from one Iraqi area to another Iraqi area. Sovereignty is sovereignty, and the territories are one," he said.

Later at a news conference, the diplomat said Turkey must withdraw its troops as soon as possible, but said he understood it could take them "several days" to do so.

Ankara had said the deployment was routine and necessary to protect the trainers, while Baghdad said it was unauthorised and protested to the United Nations Security Council.

@Topic: This clown of Egypt should not head the Arab League. He is only representing himself and the position of Egypt. What about Russia you fucking idiot, what about the US troops in Iraq, Shia militias from Iraq, Lebanon and Iran siding by Assad and his thugs in Syria, what about Israel violation of Palestine integrity....etc. Im truly pissed. Time for Saudi Arabia to act firmly against Egypt political blunder. A reshuffle is urgently needed.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I was about to ask,''whats with this attitude''?
Strange statements,very strange.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
It's Egypt...
I dont know but if its Egypt,how can it speak for all of the Arab world?
Where were the objections,isnt the KSA King the leader of the Arab world?
Without KSA,Egypt would be lost,so i dont believe that its Egypt.
Where was Qatar,isnt there a veto right on this council(i dont know).
My country is one of your true allies but yet you decide to take sides with the Iranian province called Iraq.
No logic.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
My country is one of your true allies but yet you decide to take sides with the Iranian province called Iraq.
No logic.

The meeting chaired by the UAE and the statement released by Egypt. No other country is involved. To understand how the league functions you need to understand how its structured. I take the side with those calling for a reshuffle of the cabinet members.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
No logic.
Believe me, it doesn't make sense but it works in the Arab league. The permanent headquarter is in Egypt and it's president is always Egyptian. Most Arab countries have cordial relations with Turkey and they will not alter that especially in such critical time. Anyway, it's a denounce, so what?

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
The meeting chaired by the UAE and the statement released by Egypt. No other country is involved. To understand how the league functions you need to understand how its structured. I take the side with those calling for a reshuffle of the cabinet members.
Strange structure.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I was about to ask,''whats with this attitude''?
Strange statements,very strange.

It's the Egyptian government bro. I am banned on PDF was gonna tell the Turkish members there. These views don't represent Egyptian people or Arab people, this was basically premature statement by this individual.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
No logic.

KSA was last seen in political talks between Kurds, Turkey and KSA. The three had talks regarding Iraq. So it can't in any way agree with this. Qatar is shunned in Arab league sort of, and it doesn't find it important or beneficial.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Egypt is backwards country with backwards people. Their goal in life is to be partners in crime with their Israeli brothers. They embarrass all the Arab people.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Two things must be implemented for the Arab League to function properly:
1- Move the headquarter to Riyadh
2- Replace the current clown Mr. secretary general Nabil Elaraby.

@T-123456 No my friend the statement released represent the view of the secretary general only. Other counties always follow official channels. Egypt is against Turkey due to the later stance of MB so no surprise here and this is not the first time you see such a childish immature behaviour from Egypt.

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
Two things must be implemented for the Arab League to function properly:
1- Move the headquarter to Riyadh
2- Replace the current clown Mr. secretary general Nabil Elaraby.

@T-123456 No my friend the statement released represent the view of the secretary general only. Other counties always follow official channels. Egypt is against Turkey due to the later stance of MB so no surprise here and this is not the first time you see such a childish immature behaviour from Egypt.
Yet you(KSA) ''depend'' on them to defend Arab interests,thats why i said on a thread that Egypts Armed Forces are not what people think it is.
Although smaller in numbers but for me the best trained Arab forces are the Jordanians,instead of Egypt,you should equip them with the best of the best.