What do the terrorists want? | World Defense

What do the terrorists want?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
gYr6bRM.jpg
The answer is not really that obvious. On the face, we may know the answer. The terrorists want to fight against the west which they think the west is their enemy. And they are supported by people who think the same. However, what do the terrorists really want?

Supposing they no longer believe that the west is oppressing them, would they still have a motive to bear arms against the west?

What do you think? What exactly do the terrorists want?

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
I guess we are all a little bit confused, because if the west was fighting against them and they had motives and rights to bear arms at that time, now that they know for sure that they aren't they should stop by now. However, we haven't had formal communication with them, so I would not know at all for sure, what exactly they want.

Saraldra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Spain
It is entirely possible that these terrorists are driven by a misguided devotion to their respective religions.

Some extremeist misconstrue the meanings of their religious teachings, causing them to 'crusade' against other nations. This is why it is is difficult to negotiate and reason with terrorist groups, I think.

mikeqin

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
In nearly all cases, the jihadi terrorists have a patently self-evident ambition: to establish a world dominated by Muslims, Islam, and Islamic law, the Shari'a. Or, again to cite the Daily Telegraph, their "real project is the extension of the Islamic territory across the globe, and the establishment of a worldwide 'caliphate' founded on Shari'a law."

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
In fact,the terrorism invades and targets the entire world not only the west .

However, it's an open-ended question ,but generally there is no exact answer to their needs or their aims because it's depends on the entity that we're going to talk about it . >|

I mean there are many terrorists organizations different from each others in case of their aims and capabilities ,so their needs will be according to the limits of their capabilities.. i.e. some of them wants to controls the world beginning by the smallest or weakest countries until reaching to the biggest or strongest countries , or retaliation motivated or political dividends...etc. For example:

Some organizations motivated by extreme religious thoughts and wants to force people to follow their opinions . At the same time, these organizations have strong military and economic capabilities , so their aim will be big and wide such as ISIS .

As a moderate man~^~, the main reason for devastating wars is " Extremists " in both sides because people will follow those extremists under the banner of "supporting religion" .

Finally, we should keep in mind some extremist militias reflect poorly image about thousands of people or an entire nation ,so that doesn't mean or even indicates that others people will stand in these militias' side !:-E

For simple example ,many of the Muslims and Arabic countries dismissed the extremists and joined to the world conflict against ISIS although there are many Arabs and Muslims members in ISIS ,so the message was clear to other extremists .

Thanks.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
The fact that the reasons for terrorists or extremists to attack are unclear gives space to a lot of speculation. It can be due to religious extremism or is there an hidden agenda? Do they have such poor living conditions that they simply prefer to believe in the after life and the infidels?

allen

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Scotland
gYr6bRM.jpg
The answer is not really that obvious. On the face, we may know the answer. The terrorists want to fight against the west which they think the west is their enemy. And they are supported by people who think the same. However, what do the terrorists really want?

Supposing they no longer believe that the west is oppressing them, would they still have a motive to bear arms against the west?

What do you think? What exactly do the terrorists want?
What is a terrorist? Who is a terrorist? Is it people that for that specific period of time we're told are terrorists by the media? Who is being terrorized? You? Me? I have never been terrorized or terrorized anyone so i like to avoid a knee jerk reaction to the label.

Today may people associate terrorism with Islam, 40 yrs ago it was Ireland, or Vietnam, or Uganda, Mandela was touted as a terrorist before receiving a noble peace prize. A terrorist is someone who opposes someone else in an aggressive manner depending who controls media and spins the Intel.

Most acts of terror are Government funded and most acts of terror against civilians are also government funded and executed in the name of a Government, of course it always depends on media to sell the story which will shape peoples opinion. Terrorism is like pass the parcel, the one holding the parcel is branded as such. The real question is who is playing the music and why did it stop at that point.

rga1999

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I believe it is because of the false religion that some rule by. Rule by iron fist, and fear. Basically walk with me and practice exactly how we practice or be killed. I believe Religion at some point will become the main focus over everything.

hiddenwolf

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
If you only had the 2 options kill others or your family be killed what option would you choose? Its only the extremists that kill by choice.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
If you only had the 2 options kill others or your family be killed what option would you choose? Its only the extremists that kill by choice.

I'd kill myself rather than killing innocents.

@Topic:

Terrorists have found room to breath that is why they are wandering across the world. What they want is a political power because they are convinced that they are more capable to handle leadership in the places they exist in

Last edited:

hiddenwolf

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I'd kill myself rather than killing innocents.

@Topic:

Terrorists have found room to breath that is why they are wandering across the world. What they want is a political power because they are convinced that they are more capable to handle leadership in the places they exist.
Well I guess by killing yourself you won't have to live through the deaths of your family. Unfortunately, that option would be yours to choose.

I do agree that terrorists have to much power in their own country which the government should deal with.

soconfused

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Considering the fact that the only nations actually TRULY affected by terrorists on a daily basis are not western nations, the thought of them fighting against west is a little absurd. Whatever they chant, at the end of the day the majority of people they have killed are ones that belong to their own religion/area. They've been bombing mosques including sunni mosques which these supposed west-hating terrorists belong to. I'm not sure what is it that they want, but it sure isn't a west-hating group.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Considering the fact that the only nations actually TRULY affected by terrorists on a daily basis are not western nations, the thought of them fighting against west is a little absurd. Whatever they chant, at the end of the day the majority of people they have killed are ones that belong to their own religion/area. They've been bombing mosques including sunni mosques which these supposed west-hating terrorists belong to. I'm not sure what is it that they want, but it sure isn't a west-hating group.

Lets not forget that this a the results of the US invasion of Iraq.

US invaded Iraq, installed a sectarian government loyal to Iran led the country to the current status quo.
US invasion of Afghanistan led to the creation of Taliban.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Whatever they chant, at the end of the day the majority of people they have killed are ones that belong to their own religion/area

Very true. This is the way things happen everywhere. For all their rhetoric about fighting the decadent west, as they call it, the victims of these terrorists are mainly their own people. Why? Because their victims are soft targets. What's so difficult about going into a village full of unarmed people and killing them, when you have guns? I really wonder if these terrorists are actually suffering from some kind of perversion. Like they get some kind of high from killing people.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
It's not as simple as that. The label "terrorist" depending on how you define it, especially by Noam Chomsky's definition, could easily be applied to the dominant world powers.

The image you included is not one of a terrorist or militant. It is of someone simply expressing a contrary opinion. A different view of the world. Is it a primitive, ultra-conservative, fundamentalist and anti-technological view that I dislike? Yes. Do these people have the right to self-determination in the countries they live in? Yes.

So, what do the terrorists want? They want to be left alone in their respective homelands, they want justice for the perceived injustices that the West has done to them. The agitprop may make you think otherwise, but a stop in the constant exploitation of the Middle East and Africa would set them on the course for a long and hard journey to peace.