What do the terrorists want? | Page 2 | World Defense

What do the terrorists want?

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
They want to be left alone in their respective homelands, they want justice for the perceived injustices that the West has done to them

And to achieve that they kill unarmed villagers, kidnap helpless schoolgirls? That doesn't sound anything like being wanting to be left alone in their respective homelands and wanting justice for the perceived injustices that the West has done to them. What harm has the unarmed villagers done to them? What kind of injustices have they suffered at the hands of the helpless schoolgirls?

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
And to achieve that they kill unarmed villagers, kidnap helpless schoolgirls? That doesn't sound anything like being wanting to be left alone in their respective homelands and wanting justice for the perceived injustices that the West has done to them. What harm has the unarmed villagers done to them? What kind of injustices have they suffered at the hands of the helpless schoolgirls?

Yes. The villagers are harmless, but that doesn't mean killing them is mindless violence, these organizations are bent on achieving their goals through the constant terrorizing of the local population. It's meant to keep them subservient and in check. And to send a message to the government and the rest of the world. Most but not all of these organizations are funded indirectly by western countries, or the aid that they provide to corrupt governments who will (Pakistan and the Taliban for example). Without that kind of funding, they'd be bled dry of resources and collapse in a short amount of time.

Notice that I said a long and hard journey to peace. But with the rise of the Daesh, even that is becoming uncertain.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
gYr6bRM.jpg
The answer is not really that obvious. On the face, we may know the answer. The terrorists want to fight against the west which they think the west is their enemy. And they are supported by people who think the same. However, what do the terrorists really want?

Supposing they no longer believe that the west is oppressing them, would they still have a motive to bear arms against the west?

What do you think? What exactly do the terrorists want?
Well the term terrorist can apply to various cultures including our own. It's hard to say what they want, because all terrorist are not on the same side. Muslims are not against the west as a whole, they maybe against corruption and lies, and that alone is looked at as a threat because this country was formed out of corruption and lies. America has caused more terror wold wide then any other nation on the planet, and that is the cold hard truth. I love my country, I just hate what my country has become.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
I'd kill myself rather than killing innocents.

@Topic:

Terrorists have found room to breath that is why they are wandering across the world. What they want is a political power because they are convinced that they are more capable to handle leadership in the places they exist in

I don't think they want a political power, I mean, how is that even conceivable, if their policies are killing people and destroying property how are they capable to rule a country or a region?

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think they want a political power, I mean, how is that even conceivable, if their policies are killing people and destroying property how are they capable to rule a country or a region?
Killing people and destroying (or stealing) property is what the forefathers of america did and they are now capable of ruling this country. Don't get me wrong I still agree that political power is not what they want but politics are always a factor, whether they want it to be or not.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Point taken there, but I don't even get the clear message from the terrorists, what do they want? Do they want something or do they want to create war? An Islamic State against the rest of the world?

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Point taken there, but I don't even get the clear message from the terrorists, what do they want? Do they want something or do they want to create war? An Islamic State against the rest of the world?
Well if you let the media tell the story, they want all of us especially here in the US to submit to Allah, and convert to Islam. Now I don't agree with that one bit. Islam is a peaceful way of life, and killing people is not what Islam is about. Is it possible that there is a hidden agenda that we don't know about?

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Yeah, I am with you there, I mean, no one will be submitted to Allah, we live in a free world and we have religious freedom, so there is certainly a hidden agenda and it's related with money and power because that is what make the world move.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
Yeah, I am with you there, I mean, no one will be submitted to Allah, we live in a free world and we have religious freedom, so there is certainly a hidden agenda and it's related with money and power because that is what make the world move.
If you analyze the story with an open mind you will find all kinds of loopholes. This government is great at avoiding the facts, but somethings are just clear, right in your face. Where is the weapons of mass destruction? Wasn't that the reason behind the war in the first place?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
So, what do the terrorists want? They want to be left alone in their respective homelands, they want justice for the perceived injustices that the West has done to them. The agitprop may make you think otherwise, but a stop in the constant exploitation of the Middle East and Africa would set them on the course for a long and hard journey to peace.
That's a good point, although it is sometimes difficult to look beyond the actions of the terrorists and think about what it is they want to achieve. Some might say that they don't really do themselves any favours in committing acts of terror though.

Personaleek

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
Ireland
There are terrorists who basically kill people as 'revenge' against a country, or things along those lines. People want to terrorize others to prove that they're the bigger person, and prove dominance over others. Religion would most likely factor into this as well.

sillylucy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
It is not really that they want one thing. They think that we are downright evil. They use religion to justify their actions. They think that they will be rewarded in the after life for killing people in the west. That brain washing is just horrible.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
That's a powerful statement, and very true. Good men and women have to step up and do something. It sounds simple but it really needs to take place at some point.

Not at some time. That's not good enough. The time for action is now, not later. Not after the people who purvey evil has triumphed. Why must good people wait and see what happens? A man threatens to kill an innocent child. What is there to wait for? Do we have to debate the legality of what he did? Do we have to psychoanalyse his motives? Take him down before he kills the innocent child.