What do the terrorists want? | Page 3 | World Defense

What do the terrorists want?

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It is not really that they want one thing. They think that we are downright evil. They use religion to justify their actions. They think that they will be rewarded in the after life for killing people in the west. That brain washing is just horrible.

I agree that there is some terrible brain washing going on. The sad thing is that they are only bringing shame and disrespect onto their religion. Here in England, once a very tolerant country, there has been a shift towards the view that Muslims are to be feared. This is purely down to the actions of terrorists.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
That brain washing is just horrible.

Actually it's not so much brainwashing as not using brains at all to think. This is a flaw in the Muslim education system which has been perpetuated for generations. The Muslim children who are sent to study religion, learn by rote. They just memorize and memorize and memorize. Understanding what they memorize is not part of the syllabus. They are not required to think. They are not required to think. They don't even know that they can think. This is what I mean when I say that the problem is not brainwashing but rather not using the brain at all to think.

Is there a way to solve this?

Yes, of course. For every problem, there is a solution. So the Muslims children has never been taught to think. The solution is to teach them to think. Who is going to teach them to think? Certainly not the current batch of religious teachers because these teachers have not been taught to think either. What we need to do is to train a new batch of religious teachers who know Arabic, who know the Quran and Hadeeth and who can think critically. The last part about thinking critically is the most important part. As long as Muslims are not taught to think critically about their own religion, they will be easy prey for terrorists. Easy prey as in easily convinced that the terrorists are right.

ThatKidWithTheFace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
"Terrorist" is such a vague term. There are many different "types" of "terrorists", and most groups have their own goals. So I suppose one would have to pick a certain group to discuss before asking such a question.

MUSLARCHY

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
gYr6bRM.jpg
The answer is not really that obvious. On the face, we may know the answer. The terrorists want to fight against the west which they think the west is their enemy. And they are supported by people who think the same. However, what do the terrorists really want?

Supposing they no longer believe that the west is oppressing them, would they still have a motive to bear arms against the west?

What do you think? What exactly do the terrorists want?

We should keep in mind that terrorism is not only related to Islam, or related to suicide bombing.

elmarianexx

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Netherlands Antilles
How many people that many opinions, I guess that all of us are confused due to this.
You will never be sure what are their real intentions.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
gYr6bRM.jpg
The answer is not really that obvious. On the face, we may know the answer. The terrorists want to fight against the west which they think the west is their enemy. And they are supported by people who think the same. However, what do the terrorists really want?

Supposing they no longer believe that the west is oppressing them, would they still have a motive to bear arms against the west?

What do you think? What exactly do the terrorists want?

Best question I ever heard so far! Even I got to ponder. But I think it's two words that they want, World Domination. They want power over everybody. Through that, they could have all the money and power in the world.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
We should keep in mind that terrorism is not only related to Islam, or related to suicide bombing.

No, terrorism is not related to Islam. If those terrorists claim that by killing other people or killing themselves, is fighting for Islam, then everytime we go Christmas shopping, we must be fighting for the elves who are working in Santa's workshop. Would buying something for Christmas make any difference to the working conditions of the elves in North Pole? Of course not! Those elves don't even exist. Same with the terrorists who claim to be fighting for Islam. They are not fighting for Islam. They are fighting for something which does not exist in Islam. What they are fighting for is as real as Santa's helpers.

jade870

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Well I hate to say this but some may not agree with this and if not its ok, but all of this has been talked about in the bible. Terrorists want to crush the west they always have. I think that they want to run the world and everything in it, but who can really say for sure. They think that they are doing god's bidding but when someone can kill kids and have kids trained to kill anyone in the act of one thing or another that is just evil. I don't know if anyone really know what terrorists really want or why they want it but, this needs to stop.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
I don't know if anyone really know what terrorists really want or why they want it but, this needs to stop.

This, I think, is the main problem with the war against the terrorists. If we don't know what they want, how are we going to defeat them? Killing them doesn't mean that we are defeating them. If what they want is matyrdoom, then killing them just simply adds fuel to the fire. And we cannot kill every single one of them.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
A bunch of Islamic zealots want the world to bend to their radical beliefs. As long as one country isn't suited to their beliefs, then they will continue doing their terrible deeds.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
A bunch of Islamic zealots want the world to bend to their radical beliefs. As long as one country isn't suited to their beliefs, then they will continue doing their terrible deeds.

The last I checked, those Islamic zealots you referred to did not get very far from where they started. True, they are making waves in the media, but that's only because the media is abetting them in their propaganda. If the media demotes their news to the back page, so to say, they would have very little impact on the world outside of where they are operating. Daesh, in particular, have proven that they thrive on media attention. Take away the media attention and they will be no more significant than a bunch of brigands.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
They want to rule of course. That's always the motivation behind the absence of a real threat. It's not so much on toppling down an oppressor as a struggle to usurp power from the one currently wielding it. In fact, come to think of it, there's no real western threat in the Middle East. I mean, if that were the case, how would you explain UAE and Saudi's wealth? The U.S. and other western states aren't interfering in these countries' affair. The terrorists just want power for themselves, using the name of Allah in vain to indoctrinate people and let them waste their lives on behalf of a non-existent faith.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I'm surprised at ignorance of Asians. And others here. To get something out of way quickly, someone mentioned Bible mentioned this. No it doesn't. Secondly, Western lifestyle is far from the Bible. So in no way can West be considered holy place which is being attacked. You don't believe this because someone told you. You intentionally believe something you know is false.

Next, Asians here seem to skip context/history of events in ME particularly. We all know this is not war waged by Islamists against West. This is war waged by West against Islamists in their own land. Which makes it an act of aggression. And blatant intereference in ME affairs. Most of that interference if not all is counter productive and seeks to devestate Arabs and increase Jewish wealth/power in region.

And West has never made any change to this policy. So it has irrational hatred towards all Arab people. Because its not explaining why it has had this brutal, unjust, unfair policy for all these decades. And it enforces this policy through position of power and not outreach/dialogue. And it's gone way too far. The West is out to murder every Arab and prevent our self determination. It is billions times worse than any injustice committed in history. It needs to end this policy of aggression or Western interests in region will be crushed and an Islamic state will be formed. Any unprovoked attack against an Arab state will result in fall of West. Best thing is to mind your own business and end acts of terror/democide against native Arab peoples.