What do the terrorists want? | Page 4 | World Defense

What do the terrorists want?

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
The last I checked, those Islamic zealots you referred to did not get very far from where they started. True, they are making waves in the media, but that's only because the media is abetting them in their propaganda. If the media demotes their news to the back page, so to say, they would have very little impact on the world outside of where they are operating. Daesh, in particular, have proven that they thrive on media attention. Take away the media attention and they will be no more significant than a bunch of brigands.
I agree the media plays a part in this, but Islam does say to kill infidels. I say the media fans the fire but Islam started it.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Great question. I think terrorists deplore western way of life and to some degree are upset of how we live. Western civilization is a great way of life that thrives on free thinking and free market. This is not a known concept to terrorists. They think of their own families and their ways of life and say wow, I can't feed my family while at the same time, a family in the U.S. can throw out 25% of the food they purchase in a given year!! That's terrible and on top of it, we are very unhealthy (1 in 5 is diagnosed obese).

So they look at how we manage ourselves and say - wow, they have all this stuff and they squander it away - they don't deserve to have it, let's take it from them.

We need to become more vigilant as a society how we handle ourselves and how we utilize our resources, we need to be less wasteful.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Great question. I think terrorists deplore western way of life and to some degree are upset of how we live. Western civilization is a great way of life that thrives on free thinking and free market. This is not a known concept to terrorists. They think of their own families and their ways of life and say wow, I can't feed my family while at the same time, a family in the U.S. can throw out 25% of the food they purchase in a given year!! That's terrible and on top of it, we are very unhealthy (1 in 5 is diagnosed obese).

So they look at how we manage ourselves and say - wow, they have all this stuff and they squander it away - they don't deserve to have it, let's take it from them.

We need to become more vigilant as a society how we handle ourselves and how we utilize our resources, we need to be less wasteful.

Gibberish, you are in wrong place. Don't confuse this forum for your bigoted/pro-Zionist racist right wing forums.

Question should be 'what do Americans/Westerners/Israeli's want from the ME'?

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
Great question. I think terrorists deplore western way of life and to some degree are upset of how we live. Western civilization is a great way of life that thrives on free thinking and free market. This is not a known concept to terrorists. They think of their own families and their ways of life and say wow, I can't feed my family while at the same time, a family in the U.S. can throw out 25% of the food they purchase in a given year!! That's terrible and on top of it, we arevery unhealthy (1 in 5 is diagnosed obese).

You have a different approach of thinking. But I think you are misunderstanding what the terrorists think. Not that I know what they think.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Every terrorist organisation has different ideals. I would say most just want attention and exposure. They are extreme attention seekers and do whatever means they need to get their message across. I think mainstream media at the moment is just encouraging this unfortunately.

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
I don't think they are attention seekers, or their initial intentions were seeking as much attention as possible. They just wanted things to be done their way, and well, as kittyworker said, media (sort of) promoted it.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
gYr6bRM.jpg
The answer is not really that obvious. On the face, we may know the answer. The terrorists want to fight against the west which they think the west is their enemy. And they are supported by people who think the same. However, what do the terrorists really want?

Supposing they no longer believe that the west is oppressing them, would they still have a motive to bear arms against the west?

What do you think? What exactly do the terrorists want?

Personally, I think that the terrorist want lots of money and power. Although they're motivated by their hates for the west, they're just using that excuse to do their dirty work. Really, who wants to travel inconspicuously from one place to another far off land, only to just torture and kill people? What benefit would that gain? To get back to the basics, Money, Power, and Respect are the ultimate goals. There's no way around that concept. That's way they are considered terrorist. They are terrorist only to gain what they can't get voluntarily on a massive scale.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Every terrorist organisation has different ideals. I would say most just want attention and exposure. They are extreme attention seekers and do whatever means they need to get their message across. I think mainstream media at the moment is just encouraging this unfortunately.
Mainstream media are basically the outlets that informs us of terroristic threats and tactics. We can't argue the fact that terrorist help use the media as a way to help get their message across to the world. Yes, terrorist are attention seekers but they want attention for the benefit of owning a sort of respect. These people are fueled by their own selfish hates and want what they know no one will freely give them. Respect is earned.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I agree the media plays a part in this, but Islam does say to kill infidels. I say the media fans the fire but Islam started it.
I wouldn't say that Islam started it. Islamic extremists started it and we should be careful not to lay the blame on the majority rather than the small percentage responsible.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Islam does not, in any way, encourage Muslims to kill infidels. The verses from the Quran which have been quoted by Daesh to justify their violence are specifically to be applied only when infidels attack Muslims. In this scenario, it's the Daesh that is doing the attacking. They are attacking and killing people who cannot fight back. They are labelling everyone who does not agree with them as infidels. This is not what Islam teaches.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Mainstream media are basically the outlets that informs us of terroristic threats and tactics. We can't argue the fact that terrorist help use the media as a way to help get their message across to the world. Yes, terrorist are attention seekers but they want attention for the benefit of owning a sort of respect. These people are fueled by their own selfish hates and want what they know no one will freely give them. Respect is earned.
\

I agree with you Classy that originally the extremist organisations were looking for respect of their ideals and values. Although as these organisations become more extreme and darker, I would say it is an almost "we can't join them so lets beat them" approach. They give up their seeking of respect and acceptance to look to gain one of notoriety and fear.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
originally the extremist organisations were looking for respect of their ideals and values

I really have serious doubts about that. Just look at the composition of these extremist organizations. Who joins them? Do respectable people join them? No. Do rational people join them? No. The people who become extremists are people who are misfits. They are people who cannot live in harmony with other people. They are deluded. They are misguided. They are, in simple words, mad. Insane. Lunatic.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The question is rather broad and also includes terrorists who aren't Muslims.

All terrorists have demands. Unrealistic ones. Because they know no one will give in to their demands they resort to violence to show whoever they're addressing that they are serious about what they want. The government's respond in type creating a cycle of violence. The terrorists who survive will be out for vengeance. One of their family members, friends etc was killed unjustly. The only way they can balance the scales is by taking a life. Any life.

The second group of terrorists misinterprets their scriptures and wages war on anyone whose beliefs go against theirs. These by far are the worst kind of terrorists because their faith drives them on and their belief that they will be in paradise dispels fear from their hearts. They want to be martyrs.

Would these people ever stop fighting? Not likely.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Terrorists generally want power because that would give them freedom to do whatever that they want. But this is what the international community is preventing, because being able to do what you want may be dangerous not only to yourself but to other people as well. And this is all what we're fighting and protecting ourselves for, maintaining our own freedom without harming other people. So, in reality we are not totally free. We are free with provided terms. But the terrorists they want freedom without terms, or rather with their own terms. And those terms might only be favorable to them and detrimental to the far greater rest, to humanity.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's very much like asking a protester what they want, they want things done their way because they don't like the majority government rule. The problem is they are in the minority and their way is no better than how things are already.

Even if you leave them to their own island, they have the ego to assume only their way is the right and best way, hence they brainwash whoever they can. They cannot accept any other way than their own, that means even terrorist groups will be in conflict with each other!