What will make America meet its downfall? | World Defense

What will make America meet its downfall?

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Do you think that there's really something that could make America down to its knees? Is it China and its alliance to other communist countries and its massive territory and population? Or is it just again Russia, and nothing else, but Russia alone?

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
No country will cause America's downfall. Based on careful observation, America causes its own problems. If you can recall how the 2008 economic meltdown began, you would get a glimpse of how self-destructive its systems were and still are. Too much privatization and giving banks an unreasonable amount of power resulted to a massive economic crisis. Even if the economy is currently in the recovery stage, they're already spending way too much on defense and space exploration. Such choices will eventually backfire and get the better of this world-renowned "superpower."

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
No country will cause America's downfall. Based on careful observation, America causes its own problems. If you can recall how the 2008 economic meltdown began, you would get a glimpse of how self-destructive its systems were and still are. Too much privatization and giving banks an unreasonable amount of power resulted to a massive economic crisis. Even if the economy is currently in the recovery stage, they're already spending way too much on defense and space exploration. Such choices will eventually backfire and get the better of this world-renowned "superpower."

Correct. The biggest problem USA faces is a balloning deficit, a huge trade imbalance. Getting involved in small wars which never end but economically bleed them dry. The deficit in the last 8 years has doubled, and it seems to be doubling every 8 years, this is a trend that started around Reagan.

Most super powers usually crumble from within and this is from Rome to the Soviet Union. One day the Soviet Union just fell appart.

meenz

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I believe what will ultimately bring America to it's downfall is itself. This country may claim to be free, but every day yet another innocent human being dies for something that they didn't do. We treat each other unfairly, we attack other countries, etc. The movie that was supposed to come out, "The Interview", almost caused us to get attacked by North Korea. This was entirely our own decision. If we keep creating these extremely racist movies or things, we will be sought out by another country, and it will be no one's fault but our own.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
This is a good observation. Ultimately, we will be responsible for our own demise. I cannot believe how many people were smitten by BO (Barack) back before the first election. His islamic ties were very troubling to me especially considering we were only a few years past 9/11. In addition, when he was a senator in IL he was all for allowing babies born from a botched abortion to just lay there, suffer and die. How depraved. Now we are seeing the "fruits" of his "leadership" and it is horrifying. I fully expect a nuclear attack within the next two years by either Iran or ISIS.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
I don't foresee such a scenario now or in the near future.America is THE superpower endowed with it's natural resources making it self reliant and boasts one of the strongest economies in the world.I don't need to mention it's military prowess and advanced cutting edge technology in virtually all sectors.Whoever is thinking about America's downfall is clearly living in a fantasy world.

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
Singapore
As I recently posted, America is THE country in the world. It is THE super power and therefor it's not likely to go down any soon. Why? Military superiority. Enough for itself and other countries in the world which has US backing. Cutting-edge technology - Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon, all these companies are based in the US and are some of the most valuable in the world. Even Silicon Valley, the best place for a start up to be is in US.

The only reason I see for USA's downfall is if most of the countries in the world turned against it and enforced military action which again I don't see happening in the near future.

Tigoci

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This is a good observation. Ultimately, we will be responsible for our own demise. I cannot believe how many people were smitten by BO (Barack) back before the first election. His islamic ties were very troubling to me especially considering we were only a few years past 9/11. In addition, when he was a senator in IL he was all for allowing babies born from a botched abortion to just lay there, suffer and die. How depraved. Now we are seeing the "fruits" of his "leadership" and it is horrifying. I fully expect a nuclear attack within the next two years by either Iran or ISIS.

Wheeew, wheeew, slow down there.

I see no reason to believe that he is tied to Islam in any way or form - he is a Christian. Full stop.
"we were only a few years past 9/11."
The 9/11 attack was 13 years ago. Not 'a few years'.

And besides what does this have to do with anything? It's not like all Muslims praise al-Qaeda for their work, in fact, a large majority probably despise them. Just like Christianity, most Muslims are moderate, and of course there are people taking it to the extremes; those people are, of course, not part of the larger religious society. You're on the completely wrong track, thinking that anyone with 'islamic ties' thinks that terrorizing Manhattan is all right.

Are you seriously suggesting the ISIL was formed because of Barack Obama himself? I can most certainly tell you that's false.

"I fully expect a nuclear attack within the next two years by either Iran or ISIS."
Probably won't happen. Should ISIL ever have nuclear capabilities, the coalition against them probably will be stepped up.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Obama.

Actually, Most of the people who have been responding are correct. We will be the cause of our own downfall. We keep electing idiots into our Government. We stretch ourselves too thin by deploying our soldiers all over the place. Spending WAY beyond our means..... yeah, we are so screwing ourselves with a red white and blue broom handle.... :(

Few countries stand alone in battle, but cyber crime could be their downfall, because that could be done gradually and no one wold know.

I would believe that, but.... the US has the larger portion of the top hackers in the world. Some of which work for our Cyber Crimes department.... so I doubt that would be what takes us down. It could hurt us, but not take us down.

Last edited:

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Economically the country still struggles like many since the collapse of the banks, but it's mainly the citizens who are affected rather than the government. On a military front, the world is so advanced with allies now as we can see with the threat on terrorism, it has become international. Few countries stand alone in battle, but cyber crime could be their downfall, because that could be done gradually and no one wold know.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
In my view, the US will cause it's own downfall. We just have to look at the accumulating debt and trade deficit coupled with underlining social unrest that will someday knock the country off her heels. Now, I'm not saying that there will be some catastrophic end, but the potential for economic collapse is always there. The lack of social equality does not help things in the long run too.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't think there's anything horribly wrong with Obama's leadership - at least from an outsider's point of view. His faults are by no means irreparable. He has Muslim relatives but he and his family do not practice Islam. It's not his fault for having such ties. They were already there the moment he was born. As for the new abortion law, he must have made an effort to meet the pro-choice people half-way. A large number of Americans are pro-choice rather than pro-life. He went for the middle ground: conditional abortion or the exempting circumstances behind abortion. Let's not hope for an attack. It's better to cripple ISIS today while there's still a chance.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Correct. The biggest problem USA faces is a balloning deficit, a huge trade imbalance. Getting involved in small wars which never end but economically bleed them dry. The deficit in the last 8 years has doubled, and it seems to be doubling every 8 years, this is a trend that started around Reagan.

Most super powers usually crumble from within and this is from Rome to the Soviet Union. One day the Soviet Union just fell appart.
And you've forgotten about the British empire. Before America was even born, Britain was a leading force when it came to ground, air and naval warfare. They had vast territories in the Pacific, Oceania, Asia and North America. In fact, wasn't America a product of British expansionism? The reason why they're no longer a leading military and economic force today is that they've basically done their part and are now focused on raising their own people. It's way past the era of security dilemma anyway. As for the USSR, it fell apart because the member-states no longer share the same goals. Gorbachev decided to dissolve the union out of concern for the international community. Just my two cents.

I do hear that America, particularly its housing market, is currently recovering but the secretaries of state aren't helping much. They continue to spend millions on less important matters rather than contribute to the creation of more jobs. I know they want the invisible hand of the market to work its own magic, but everyone should just forget capitalism when a crisis is there before them.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
Wheeew, wheeew, slow down there.

I see no reason to believe that he is tied to Islam in any way or form - he is a Christian. Full stop.
"we were only a few years past 9/11."
The 9/11 attack was 13 years ago. Not 'a few years'.

And besides what does this have to do with anything? It's not like all Muslims praise al-Qaeda for their work, in fact, a large majority probably despise them. Just like Christianity, most Muslims are moderate, and of course there are people taking it to the extremes; those people are, of course, not part of the larger religious society. You're on the completely wrong track, thinking that anyone with 'islamic ties' thinks that terrorizing Manhattan is all right.

Are you seriously suggesting the ISIL was formed because of Barack Obama himself? I can most certainly tell you that's false.

"I fully expect a nuclear attack within the next two years by either Iran or ISIS."
Probably won't happen. Should ISIL ever have nuclear capabilities, the coalition against them probably will be stepped up.
What I meant was that back in 2007, when people were first learning about Barack was just a few years past 9/11. 2007 - 2001 = 6 years. He is NOT a Christian. A Christian would never vote to just let a baby suffer and die from a botched abortion.

God said those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who curse Israel will be cursed. Barack said himself in his book that he will stand with the muslims should the winds go against them. He makes sure that displaced muslims from the middle east are welcome here in our nation but the Christians over in the middle east are left behind to get slaughtered. He has time to meet with some woman who bathes in fruit loops but he "didn't have time" to make it to France to stand with all the other world leaders against terrorism. That was a very important unspoken message to all terrorists. The message to them is to go ahead and do whatever they want and he isn't going to lift a finger to stop them. In fact, he said that he would not retaliate with nuclear weapons, should any terrorists use biological or chemical weapons against America ("Obama And the War Against The Jews", 2010,Horowitz, David, Laksin, Jacob). He is mad that Bibi (the ONLY normal and civilized leader over in the ME) is coming over here to address Congress, but cut his trip short to India to show up for the funeral for the SA "king" who leads a country that will not allow women to drive because "it might hurt their ovaries". They also still behead people there, people still own slaves there and they hang gay people. There are NO churches allowed in SA and no non-muslim can even set foot into Mecca. Between France and Saudia Arabia, I think he should have gone to France.

Indirectly, we had a part in creating ISIS. We created a vacuum by leaving Iraq without a solid positive force to keep negative forces at bay. If we had left Germany right away after WWII, we would have run into the same problem. Iraq was a new country and it needed guidance and stability that we could have provided. George Bush warned others not to leave too soon because he was afraid that evil forces would try to move into a baby country left mostly on its own. And that is exactly what happened.

It matters not what a muslim here and there thinks. It is the ideology that is the issue. There were probably a few members of the KKK that just joined because of social pressure, not because they really had an axe to grind. Does that mean that the ideology of the KKK is Ok because a few members just joined because their neighbors were joining? No, of course not. Same thing with the nazi party. I bet more than a few people just joined because they were scared and wanted to save their life. Does this mean that the ideology of the nazi party was Ok because some people that joined didn't really have an axe to grind against the Jewish people? No, of course not. Groups like ISIS are devout and faithful followers of the teachings of the quran, the hadith, etc. They are not "radicals who hijacked the religion". They are just being good muslims who take the quran seriously and try to follow its teachings to the letter. Unfortunately, for all the infidels in the world, the islamic teachings are incompatible with most human life.

User911

BANNED
Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
As I recently posted, America is THE country in the world. It is THE super power and therefor it's not likely to go down any soon. Why? Military superiority. Enough for itself and other countries in the world which has US backing. Cutting-edge technology - Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon, all these companies are based in the US and are some of the most valuable in the world. Even Silicon Valley, the best place for a start up to be is in US.

The only reason I see for USA's downfall is if most of the countries in the world turned against it and enforced military action which again I don't see happening in the near future.
Our military is only good if BO allows it to be used. He has diligently cut back on our military and I just read yesterday that now Russia has nuclear superiority to us, due to the cutbacks made by BO. Someone ordered a stand down during the Benghazi attack and I strongly suspect that came from the White House, which could mean BO or Valerie Jarrett. If they can do that, they can surely order another stand down if some country decides to go for one of our big cities. People are so naive to think that BO will of course fight back if some country attacks us. I think he will hold his hands up and wave the white flag and order another stand down of course. I have also read that suitcase nukes may be a possibility and with our open southern border, it would be extremely easy for a dozen people to come over with suitcase in hand and detonate those nukes in our major cities..