Will there be peace in the middle east? | World Defense

Will there be peace in the middle east?

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Will there be peace in the middle east? People will probably criticize me for saying this, but I don't think so. If it were to happen, it would take decades and decades. The roots of the problems there are so powerful and old that it makes the situation nearly impossible. Religion and culture drive the issues there. Those are very strong forces that are very difficult to overcome. We still have racial problems in the USA and we are relatively new as a country.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
With the failure of the UN in dealing with the Syrian and Iraq issues and with Iran funding and arming terrorists, I don't think peace will ever come to existence in the ME.

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
There will not be peace until Jesus comes back and establishes it. No one knows how long until His return, but I am absolutely certain there will be no lasting peace until then, as unfortunate as that is to say, it's the truth.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
There will not be peace until Jesus comes back and establishes it. No one knows how long until His return, but I am absolutely certain there will be no lasting peace until then, as unfortunate as that is to say, it's the truth.

Muslims also believe in the same thing that Jesus will come back to kill the antichrist but before that happen, a man will emerge from Arabia to unite the people who will fight along Jesus peace be upon him.

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
Peace will remain elusive for generations to come. Until the day Israelis and Palestine will learn to coexist,which i highly doubt, conflict will continue to be felt in that region. The core reasons for the conflict date back to biblical times and looking at the picture on the ground,i can confidently assume we are not about to witness a cessation of hostilities.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
With the failure of the UN in dealing with the Syrian and Iraq issues and with Iran funding and arming terrorists, I don't think peace will ever come to existence in the ME.
Yeah, Iran is the problem. :rolleyes: The US is openly arming the moderates while Turkey is arming and giving safe heaven to ISIS. But sure, Iran is the problem. Also, what should the UN be doing? It's not like they have their own armies. They rely on the member countries to provide money and armed forces. Are you ready for the US to go in Iraq again, but this time fighting against enemies armed with loads of ATGMs instead of RPGs and roadside bombs?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yeah, Iran is the problem. :rolleyes: The US is openly arming the moderates while Turkey is arming and giving safe heaven to ISIS. But sure, Iran is the problem. Also, what should the UN be doing? It's not like they have their own armies. They rely on the member countries to provide money and armed forces. Are you ready for the US to go in Iraq again, but this time fighting against enemies armed with loads of ATGMs instead of RPGs and roadside bombs?

Oh spare me that PC and tell me who is arming the Houthi in Yemen, who is arming Hizbollah in Lebanon who is now slaughtering Syrians along with Russia and Iranian, who is arming Iraq shia militias, who shelter al-qaeda, train them, who is arming northern collation in Afghanistan, who has let the US inside Iraq and Afghanistan who who and who. So please zip it up if you don't a clue of what is really is.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
How many Saudis were on the 9/11 flights? How much cash and arms have Saudi donors given to ISIS? Saudi has "let" the US into Iraq because you weren't able to keep Saddam in check yourselves. Saudi is the biggest exporter of extremism and violence in the Middle East and the guy who just died wholeheartedly supported those policies. Labeling him liberal is plainly ridiculous.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
How many Saudis were on the 9/11 flights? How much cash and arms have Saudi donors given to ISIS? Saudi has "let" the US into Iraq because you weren't able to keep Saddam in check yourselves. Saudi is the biggest exporter of extremism and violence in the Middle East and the guy who just died wholeheartedly supported those policies. Labeling him liberal is plainly ridiculous.

First there is no proof of any kind that ISIS got support from Saudi Arabia. ISIS got their weaponry from Asshead weapons facilities and from iraq incompetent army. Second, there were 16 Saudi onboard, instead you went to Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia because you simply didn't have the capabilities to invade Saudi Arabia.

Ignorance is a bless, you don't have any knowledge of what is happening the ME. You are just blabbering none sense.

The biggest terrorist in earth is the US. Invasion or Iraq led to half million innocents killed. Afghanistan is around that number and still ongoing due to drone attacks. War of Vietnam, nuclear bomb on Hiroshima.....then list goes on and here you are lecturing me on terrorism, glorious.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Really ISIS is getting American made TOWs from Iraq and Syria's arsenals?
There was no need to invade Saudi because they were playing to America's tune.

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I agree, I don't think there will be peace in the Middle East until their revolting religion isn't so heavily enforced and accepted. Grown men marrying 8 year old girls, raping them, and killing them when they deliver a daughter instead of a son like the man wanted, should not be acceptable in this day in age. The Middle East needs to open their eyes and see that wether it is a part of their religion or not, it is still pedophilia, rape, and murder. Notice how the Middle East which practices this, is filled with developing countries, and is so far behind Europe, who does not practice any of this. It is also awful of the Middle East spends so much on weapons and military technology, yet has some of the worst education systems and health care in the world.
They spend more money and time on violence than they do on productive things, which is another one of their many problems, and another reason why they will not succeed.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
There will be periods of peace in the Middle East sometime in the future but these won't happen anytime soon. It could be decades from now, a century from now or eons from now. Although I may sound so presumptuous, if you trace history, it took some time before the Holy Roman Empire successfully drove away the Saracens (common term used by Europeans to address Muslim tribes). The same happened during the crusades. They may have succeeded in reclaiming the Holy Land but there were fights at the borders every now and then. It's the reality that grips us in this world. We can have peace - but it's not going to be that way for forever. The cycle of peace and violence never ends.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There is one reason why there won't be peace in the Middle East.

Israel as a nation prior to 1948 didn't exist. When it was grafted in the ME, the fact that land which had previously belonged to Muslims had been taken and given to refugees from Europe pissed off the Arabs.
“Israel is a vile entity that has been planted in our soil, and has no historical, religious or cultural legitimacy. We cannot normalize our relations with this entity. The history of this region has proven [time and again] that occupation is temporary. Thousands of years ago, the Romans occupied this land and [eventually] left. The Persians, Crusaders, and English [also] came and went. The Zionists have come, and they too will leave. [We say] no to recognizing Israel, regardless of the price we may have to pay [for our refusal].”
And then Israel began committing atrocities against their neighbors. Would you expect them to be loved? It's because of the atrocities committed by the Israeli government there will be no peace in the ME. Until the end of times.

Last edited:

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
There will be periods of peace in the Middle East sometime in the future but these won't happen anytime soon. It could be decades from now, a century from now or eons from now. Although I may sound so presumptuous, if you trace history, it took some time before the Holy Roman Empire successfully drove away the Saracens (common term used by Europeans to address Muslim tribes). The same happened during the crusades. They may have succeeded in reclaiming the Holy Land but there were fights at the borders every now and then. It's the reality that grips us in this world. We can have peace - but it's not going to be that way for forever. The cycle of peace and violence never ends.

I agree that it's not going to happen anytime soon, not in our generation if ever that's going to happen. And for now given all the limits, it's impossible that there'd be actually peace. We just don't close doors and say something that's final because everything is a function of time. We have to wait and work it out, but sadly we'll never get to see in this before our eyes. Only the next generation and that what middle is, is now would be recorded in the history. Let's just hope that this will spring up to something good, all this wars and complications between nations in that region.

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
There is one reason why there won't be peace in the Middle East.

Israel as a nation prior to 1948 didn't exist. When it was grafted in the ME, the fact that land which had previously belonged to Muslims had been taken and given to refugees from Europe pissed off the Arabs.

And then Israel began committing atrocities against their neighbors. Would you expect them to be loved? It's because of the atrocities committed by the Israeli government there will be no peace in the ME. Until the end of times.
It's not like the Middle East was some peaceful loving are before Israel popped up there. Also a lot of the fighting there has no relation to Israel. Whatsoever.