Will war ever end? | World Defense

Will war ever end?

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
At this day in age, it seems unthinkable that the world is still fighting war and that we are still killing each other. Sadly, many countries are still fighting for their freedom and their rights.
However, perhaps one day they will gain their freedoms. Do you think that once everyone is free, that we will still be fighting wars? Or do you think that we will finally run out of things to kill each other over?

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think war is ever going to end on this planet, no matter how hard we try and no matter how much we want it to. There are always going to be disagreements between countries or people in the same country, whether it be politically or religiously or just a stupid personal reason that stirs up trouble and drama and war. I've always said that as long as there are religions of different kinds, or really religion in general, there's going to be a war of some sort. I don't think we will ever run out of things to kill each other over.

d4rk3n

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
India
Although I agree that religion can cause wars, but I think that there are even greater reasons for wars. Economic differences can cause a war too. It can be anything actually.
One of the worse reason though is geographical difference.
Sometimes it feels like people wage unnecessary wars against each other, even when it was unavoidable easily.
So, even I think wars will never end.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I have to agree that war will never end. It has existed since the beginning of time and as long as there are differences in culture and men (or women) who want power, there's going to be war. Unfortunately, there will always be people who see violence as the best way to settle differences. I do think that we can help decrease war, by teaching our children tolerance and showing them that diversity is a good thing, not something to be feared.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
War will never end unless social equality, high stander of living, justice, are all implemented in all world. People aren't striving for power rather than the things I mentioned.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Wars have end, but they will have come to be replaced by another. It would never come to nonexistent. I think it'd always be there as it has always been. We couldn't ever claim a perfect world for now. I think wars and other man-induced catastrophes are products of our being human that to take them away would mean that we take away that thing that sets us as humans.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
I seriously doubt war will ever stop altogether. Maybe in some distant future, mankind will finally get past this barbarism. I'm not holding my breath and, frankly, I won't see it in my lifetime. Or for that matter my children's lifetimes. It is sad truth, but a truth nonetheless.

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
At this day in age, it seems unthinkable that the world is still fighting war and that we are still killing each other. Sadly, many countries are still fighting for their freedom and their rights.
However, perhaps one day they will gain their freedoms. Do you think that once everyone is free, that we will still be fighting wars? Or do you think that we will finally run out of things to kill each other over?

We live in an imperfect world, war is part of it. It's always been part of it. The only change seems to be that over time we (mankind) develop even more devastating ways and means of engaging in war. I really don't expect it will end until the world does.
I know there are utopian minded people out there who say that one day we (mankind again) will make our world perfect and that there will then be world peace, but I believe them to be dreamers at best with those who aren't dreamers being globalists actively engaging in trying to sell lies to the general public for the benefit of their particular agenda.
As individuals, most of us don't like war; but it doesn't change the fact that the kinds of disagreements that bring war about aren't going to go away just because we want them to. They run too deep for that.
Sadly, I have serious doubts, too, that there will ever be a day when all are free.
Just as war will always be with us, so will there always be oppressors in the world.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
Mankind needs to change as, they are the ones who do good and bad sometimes and others suffer for the actions like the innocents who lose lives in the wars who have nothing to do with it in the first place. I think changes will take time, and also something will set of wars after peace for trivial things maybe like race or land problems and cause issues in the future. I think most people enjoy killing in war, and enjoy the violence and some do it for country or think they are doing the right things but are misguided by others.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
There will always be wars or protests because human nature wants more all the time; power, freedom or justice. Sides don't always want to negotiate or compromise, they have seen wars won and want the same.

Some wars have brought about changes that were necessary (US Civil War) and others have created repressed societies. With social media and increased methods of mobilization wars can become cyber wars too and global. Until people are satisfied with their government or the way they live, wars will continue sadly.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Someone once said that there's no war to end all wars. I think it was Haruki Murakami. Nevertheless, I understand his point. The moment war ends, you can only guess one answer: human race has become extinct. For as long as humans exist, there will always be war just as there will be periods of peace. I guess that's the price of humanity.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
Human nature says it won't ever end, is my view. Even if people looked the same, followed the same religion, wore the same clothes and ate the same food, people would still find a reason to persecute the left-handed people! It's just the way the human race ticks, unfortunately.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
As long as one group of people has something another group of people want, there will always be conflict. We can hope that the shape of war may change over time, however. Perhaps in the distant future, physical conflicts will be kept to a minimum while diplomacy holds the biggest sway, but I see no end in sight to war.

petesede

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA

War will never end, Even if the entire world becomes a single country there would still be stuff like Furgenson. As long as you and I are different in any way imaginable ( appearance, amount of money, religion), someone will exploit that difference to cause conflict in order to benefit financially.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Like I always say here, war is a lucrative business. There is no way that it will just end like that when a lot of people are profiting from it. It really is a sad reality.