Jordan
CDiGDm-UIAA_Yer.jpg

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I was in the cavalry,In Mali (for exemple) before the ground forces begun to fight,the special forces were fighting the terrorists with their helicopters (the special forces have their own helicopter fleet),then the cavalry equipped with light armored vehicle,and VABs,VBCIs,light 'tanks' (AMX10RC),with a big support of the air force and artillery,then fought and took the place of the special forces.
We saw that small forces,very mobile,with an excellent support can annihilate the enemy,with small casualties (9 french soldiers (8 in reality,one died in accident) against +1000 terrorists,so a ratio of 1 french soldier killed for +100 terrorists (1:+100) ) 300 were captured,many vehicles destroyed etc... and the rest have fled.
Though,the intervention came as a surprise to the terrorists,they didn't know that the French could fight against them,so they didn't have the time to prepare themselves.... While in Yemen,they probably have seen the deployment of Saudi soldiers at the borders,and prepare themselves (defense etc..) in case of ground operation.
Deploying tanks in Yemen,would be a wrong idea i guess.
(sorry for my bad english)

I doubt no civilians died in Mali mate.
well understood.
i believe in highly equipped special forces that can move fast and are backed with helicopters and jets. they can be air dropped in any part of yemen or from the sea. tanks and heavy vehicles can come next.

another great plan is send a full special forces unit to each tribe with their equipment and light vehicles.

Special forces are tasked with specific missions on big targets, usually capture or kill. They have no relation to ground war. For ground war as in Yemen troops need to be deployed. A lot of troops. 70,000 won't be enough. In Gaza Israel used 70,000 in eastern border areas. If you're going in Yemen make sure civilians don't pay price. Your forces have to take casualties. Don't listen people who emphasize body count, even if you lose thousand plus soldiers, as long as you achieve objectives that's what matter.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
677 14 0
Country
France
I doubt no civilians died in Mali mate.

Didn't say otherwise. Though there aren't official estimates,only from some civilians. (One has claimed that during the first days of the intervention,12 civilians were killed by the French forces,though,these figures can't be verified.)

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Special forces are tasked with specific missions on big targets, usually capture or kill. They have no relation to ground war. For ground war as in Yemen troops need to be deployed. A lot of troops. 70,000 won't be enough. In Gaza Israel used 70,000 in eastern border areas. If you're going in Yemen make sure civilians don't pay price. Your forces have to take casualties. Don't listen people who emphasize body count, even if you lose thousand plus soldiers, as long as you achieve objectives that's what matter.
quality over quantity for now buddy. they can do a lot and they are trained for such things. thats their job.
the larger amount of troops comes in the second stage.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia